QF 3 | Sweden - Holland (3 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++

Ah come on, you aren't going to deny Ibrahimovic is a dirty football player are you?
I wouldnt call him dirty, but yes, I admit he's not the fairet of players. So what?

Anyways, dirty players are Roy Keane, Montero, Fernando Couto, Materazzi, etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

I wouldnt call him dirty. He's just a very bold, but yes, I admit he's not the fairet of players. So what?

Anyways, dirty players are Roy Keane, Montero, Fernando Couto, Materazzi, etc.
It's not so much of a problem when he's playing good. But when he plays like today all you see him do is pulling and pushing and using his arms, so he really makes a bad impact. But when he's playing good there's much less of a problem and he doesn't seem to resolve to that sort of behaviour either.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Dont talk trash about Chimenti. It was him who took us to the Coppa Italia finals in that match against Inter that we won on penalty kicks :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And Ibrahimovic is quite limited I think. I don't know whether he could get the time he needs for his tricks in the Serie A.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But I guess I'd better shut up considering everyone is (unjustly:D) questioning my football knowledge. Though I would appreciate it if you would try to see things my way. You know, there is a possibility I am right.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ah come on, you aren't going to deny Ibrahimovic is a dirty football player are you?
I certainly won't argue against the case that he pulls too many antics for his own good and for the good of his team. If there's anyone who has been a contrarian about all the Zlatan worship here, I've gotta be through to the semi-finals myself by now. But as much as I may view him through shiite-colored glasses, who knows? I can be sanely balanced in opinion from time-to-time...

Zlatan's got the height Juve needs up front, and as a striker who can make creative individual goal chances, he's very, very good. Combine that with his workrate, and it does make you wonder for what we need Trezeguet.

But to counter his Zlatanate, perhaps a partner like DP to feed him good crosses, teach him some manners for the game where he needs them, etc., combined with Capello's propensity for managing troublesome young players might make Zlatan a nice acquisition target. A little more polish and he has the potential to really be something.

Did I just say that? ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But I guess I'd better shut up considering everyone is (unjustly:D) questioning my football knowledge. Though I would appreciate it if you would try to see things my way. You know, there is a possibility I am right.

A chance, altho a very very slim one.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

I certainly won't argue against the case that he pulls too many antics for his own good and for the good of his team. If there's anyone who has been a contrarian about all the Zlatan worship here, I've gotta be through to the semi-finals myself by now. But as much as I may view him through shiite-colored glasses, who knows? I can be sanely balanced in opinion from time-to-time...

Zlatan's got the height Juve needs up front, and as a striker who can make creative individual goal chances, he's very, very good. Combine that with his workrate, and it does make you wonder for what we need Trezeguet.

But to counter his Zlatanate, perhaps a partner like DP to feed him good crosses, teach him some manners for the game where he needs them, etc., combined with Capello's propensity for managing troublesome young players might make Zlatan a nice acquisition target. A little more polish and he has the potential to really be something.

Did I just say that? ;)
Youre right!!!

Zlatan to Juve! Zlatan to Juve! Zlatan to Juve!

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #152
    YES!!!

Well what can I say - it was quite a mediocre performance but it was always going to be difficult against the Swedes, who play a very tight and compact game. Van der Meyde sucked, I want to see him replaced by Overmars next match and we desperately need Wesley Sneijder on midfield, preferably replacing Cocu or Seedorf cause the gap between midfield and attack was too big.

Kudos to the Swedes - the match was extremely even and they could have gone through just the same. I'm thrilled that we finally killed our penalty trauma!! :extatic: And how about Johnny Heitinga and Arjen Robben, 20 and 19 years old and stepping up to take a penalty kick! DAMN!! :cool:

Also, I want to share this quote with you from Wilfred Bouma who was interviewed after the match:

Bouma: "Then of course we were level after 5 penalties so we had to decide who was going to take the next one. Philip [Cocu] asked around, saying 'We're nearly there, we can do this dammit! Who wants to take the next one? You?' then everyone just went 'No', 'No', 'No', 'Pass', 'No' until Robben said yes."

Can you picture that? :howler::D

I'm so happy! :extatic::party:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #155
    He's not fit at the moment; lacking in condition and sharpness. Very sad but thankfully we still have Sneijder. Now if only Advocaat will play him :lick:

Congrats mate.

Altho I stand by my view, Sweden need to put more width in defence, you can outplay them from the wings.
    That's true yes but both of their backs were second choices right? The starting right and left back were injured, our commentator said.

A tribute to Heitinga and Robben for taking the penalty kicks and freeing a nation from a horrendous trauma!!! :extatic:

Thanks for the congrats all :touched:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Damn, I should have known about VDV earlier, he's been in my fantasy team all Euro and giving me zero points. but I have Sneijder

I hope Holland beats Portugal, it'll be a tough match! Furso Holland!!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #160
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Damn, I should have known about VDV earlier, he's been in my fantasy team all Euro and giving me zero points. but I have Sneijder
    Well even Johan Cruijff tonight suggested Sneijder should play so its likely he'll make an appearance soon :)

Let me ask you, as a Dutch fan: do you think Ruuds goal was legit?
    The disallowed one? No way, he was half a meter off-side.

His goal against the Czechs should also have been cancelled but we lost anyway so that doesn't really matter I suppose... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)