QF 3 | Sweden - Holland (1 Viewer)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Roben looks like hes 32 not 20 by his face:D Portugal-Holland is much better than seeing Sweden vs Portugal. AVDM is so carp. He should def' be dropped next game.

Jan 24, 2004
Congratulations Erik ... well actually I don't know why all congratulate you but obviously it is common. I didn't see the game but maybe you were involved in any way :D

Did you acted as invisible man and deflected Sweden's shots to bar and post?? lucky guys your oranje buggers :thumb:

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #174
    Thanks Holdon!

++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    Congratulations Erik ... well actually I don't know why all congratulate you but obviously it is common. I didn't see the game but maybe you were involved in any way :D
    Indirectly: I suffered five heart attacks watching the damn thing :D

Then I went outside for the penalty shoot-out cause I couldn't take it anymore but the neighbours were barbecue-ing and watching the match outside so I could hear it still :lazy:

Did you acted as invisible man and deflected Sweden's shots to bar and post?? lucky guys your oranje buggers :thumb:
    And congratulations to you! Do tell me you won a fortune as you predicted it right we were to win on penalty kicks!!! :thumb:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++

Now that really was a very weak save. He didn't punch it away, it was still going in. Luckily Mjellberg could kick it away. No, sorry, he should have done better.

The fact he's there is one thing, but really saving it is another.
    I agree with this, against the dutch he fumbled two relatively simple shots, then two others appeared to just hit him and go over, the free kick he made a meal out of I really don't know what people are seeing in this guy at all!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #177
    Thanks, Arif!

What a historical moment :extatic::touched:

Wanna hear the biggest joke of the day? Advocaat: "No, never once under my rule has this team practiced on penalty kicks. Never once. I believe you can't practice them because you can't simulate the pressure"

They didn't even practice! :howler:

Oh, and, for the first time in our history, we're actually the biggest nation participating in something (from uefa): Following France's elimination last night, the Netherlands, with a population of 16 million, are the biggest nation left in the competition and, along with Denmark, the only former winners. The Dutch also lead the Fair Play ranking, having been shown three yellow cards and one red. Attractive play, behaviour of fans and respect for opponents and officials are also taken into account. "I don't just want the Fair Play cup," joked Advocaat. "I want the other one!"

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Anyway, Holland didn't really deserve to go through. Considering the chances Sweden got in extra time. Nonetheless I'm happy Holland went through. But it's a pity Wilhelmsson couldn't show anything in this tournament.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #179
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
    Anyway, Holland didn't really deserve to go through. Considering the chances Sweden got in extra time. Nonetheless I'm happy Holland went through. But it's a pity Wilhelmsson couldn't show anything in this tournament.
    Considering the chances Sweden got? I admit we had the reasonable amount of luck last night but so did the Swedes. We hit the post too, one goal was ruled out for off-side (rightly so but still) and the large amount of pressure we piled on them in the last act only didn't result into a goal because of some lucky saves from their keeper and defenders.

Both teams had a shot of going through, both would have deserved it imo as this match was so close it didn't deserve a loser. But don't say Holland didn't deserve to go through cause that's not true.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Considering the chances Sweden got? I admit we had the reasonable amount of luck last night but so did the Swedes. We hit the post too, one goal was ruled out for off-side (rightly so but still) and the large amount of pressure we piled on them in the last act only didn't result into a goal because of some lucky saves from their keeper and defenders.

Both teams had a shot of going through, both would have deserved it imo as this match was so close it didn't deserve a loser. But don't say Holland didn't deserve to go through cause that's not true.
    I meant they didn't deserve it more than Sweden did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)