QF 3 | Sweden - Holland (9 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I dont know

Im sad for Zlatan because he could have done way better in the rest of the Eurocup and show the World that hes an excellent player

Does the word GOAT remind you of that previous username of yours? For me it does

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

God hates Holland.
now does he? :D

congratulations erik. probably i was cheering for sweden a little more but that was the amazing battle of two equal and very good teams. amazing. glad that the netherlands finally overcame their shoot out misfortunes. in the end, no one deserved to be a loser.

i hail both teams!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I dont know

Im sad for Zlatan because he could have done way better in the rest of the Eurocup and show the World that hes an excellent player

Does the word GOAT remind you of that previous username of yours? For me it does
Yeah. :D

I swear, you can exactly see who's going to miss, Zlatan seemed unprepared, too casual and way off balance. Mallberg was shitting himself, I thought he'd rather be buried alive than shoot that penalty.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

not cool fabi. i see a sorry italy fan. who puts one's feelings ahead of rationale. i know you're more than that.

Hey hey I kinda supported Sweden. Who has been saying "beware of Ibrahimovic" the whole time?!!!

Its just that I like more Holland than Sweden :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yeah. :D

I swear, you can exactly see who's going to miss, Zlatan seemed unprepared, too casual and way off balance. Mallberg was shitting himself, I thought he'd rather be buried alive than shoot that penalty.
Yeah, Zlatan looked very nervous. I kept thinking dont miss it dont miss it. Mallberg's face looked also very nervous

I thought Ruud was going to miss it, and he scored the best one

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I had a feeling he would. But I had that same feeling with all the players :D

Did anyone see at the beginning of the game this huge back part of a Sweden shirt that the Swedes made that said Totti's name and 2-2 as hes number

TOTTI

2-2

I thought it was kinda funny

Sep 28, 2002
mellberg's penalty wasnt that bad. it was ok, but van der sar just guessed it very well and made it a fabulous save.

fun to see two former juve goalies playing. :D

even more fun to watch a game where you support both teams.

hup holland!!!
erlskerigide sverige!!!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I knew Ibrahimovic and Cocu were going to miss, that was quite obvious. But I expected Robben to miss too. Ibrahimovic looked way too confident and actually a bit arrogant as well. I have to say I'm glad he missed. Still, it's a pity Holland's trauma is gone. Not that I hate Holland, just because it was funny..why didn't Seedorf take one????? :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I feel bad for the Swedes after playing such a great game. But the better (and just slightly better) team won, so the result was fair and just since someone had to win.

This Euro cup has really made me even less of a fan of Van Nistelrooy -- great talent and all, but what a weasel. Robben really should have won Man of the Match, IMO.

Zlatan did seem unprepared when he took his penalty shot. I've been a pretty vocal contrarian about him here -- I perhaps put on the shiiite-colored glasses for him more than anyone. And while I don't think he was a big factor in the game, he's not the goat either.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
mellberg's penalty wasnt that bad. it was ok, but van der sar just guessed it very well and made it a fabulous save.

fun to see two former juve goalies playing. :D

even more fun to watch a game where you support both teams.
Damn, I wish we had kept Isaksson, imagine if we had him instead of Chimenti :(

Anyways, those balls are the easiest for keepers to save, when they're not low and not high, just medium height. Never shoot at medium height, always shoot it low or high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)