Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (5 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We have nothing to discuss here. There is enough evidence to prove corruption in the FIFA. Nobody understands how Quatar could get the world cup. At the moment 9 of 12 stadiums don't even exist. In a time the consequences of global warming become more and more evident, the world cup will take place in air-conditioned stadiums. The majority of presidents of the national football associations is against Quatar, the players as well. As a fan, why would you want to go to Quatar? Who can afford that?

Further, it's a constitutional monarchy and that's not gonna change, we are not on a political mission here. Homosexuality is a crime in Quatar, now tell me how this goes along with the RESPECT/Diversity campaings of the UEFA or FIFA. It's always all about the money, but this time a huge part of it is blown into Blatter's a$$.
This post is only taking in consideration the perspective of a European fan. We've come to get used to this sort of attitude from Europeans, especially Western Europeans. Obnoxious, xenophobic and downright ignorant view on all things not European. I hope none of you make it to the WC, would be best for everyone to have a WC without the drunk, trouble making fans that come from that part of the world.

Buy on AliExpress.com

enzo

May 14, 2012
This post is only taking in consideration the perspective of a European fan. We've come to get used to this sort of attitude from Europeans, especially Western Europeans. Obnoxious, xenophobic and downright ignorant view on all things not European. I hope none of you make it to the WC, would be best for everyone to have a WC without the drunk, trouble making fans that come from that part of the world.
It's not that easy. It appears you are already out of arguments, coming up with such weak accusations. I have no problem at all with the world cup taking place in different countries on all continents. I have had no problem with the world cup taking place in south Korea, South Africa, nor do I have a problem with it taking place in Brazil. But it's a fact, that the average temperature in Brazil is below 30°C during summer, while it is over 30°C, reaching up to 45°C in Qatar.

Hosting the world cup in Qatar appears to me like hosting Ski jumping in Jamaica.

Beside that, the only one who appears to have prejudices and brings in his xenophobic view seems to be you.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So by that criteria, enzo, some countries should be forever prevented from ever hosting the World Cup.

How inclusive is that, really? Is that truly a World Cup we're talking about, or "only if the temperature is convenient to those in the Northern Hemisphere"?

We may as well say Bolivia can never host an international match because of its unsafe altitude, really.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Ok so Qatar bribed FIFA and Platini and are now hosting the World Cup. Deal with it since you are going to live with it anyways. I wish i was on Qatar's side instead of being neutral so that i can enjoy all the constant bitching and ranting :cry:

enzo

May 14, 2012
Well, you are right. Of course it's not only a matter of the temperature and climate. But I do think that some places are more "suited" for playing football than others.
Speaking of "inclusive", how inclusive is it, for fans from all over the world, to let Qatar host the world cup? We are far beyond such questions here.

And I do understand Fred's point, but why should the world cup take place in a country where almost no stadiums exist? Why wouldn't they host it with other countries?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
great job rebutting his generalizations with generalizations, dude

enzo

May 14, 2012
Fred's post made me so angry, I immediately put on my Hitler beard, chugged six beers and threw the empty bottles at my Turkish neighbor.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And I do understand Fred's point, but why should the world cup take place in a country where almost no stadiums exist? Why wouldn't they host it with other countries?
We can't bury our heads in the sand and say that piles of money does not play a role. This is clearly why we will never have a World Cup in Bolivia, altitude aside.

You also have to think how FIFA thinks: their job, in part, is to engage parts of the world to better support the sport. In that way, FIFA are like gospel missionaries in Africa.

They have yet to host it in the Middle East, and there's plenty of cash there to set up the games and to encourage the base. You could say Qatar isn't as compelling as, say, Saudi Arabia might be. But a Saudi Arabia World Cup would be fraught with many of the same issues.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Turkey is football madder than most nations in the world. Agreed they'd be a better choice for the region by far. :tup:

enzo

May 14, 2012
Yepp, it would be a symbol for building a bridge between Europe and Asia. I Hope Istanbul will get the final in 2020.

Apart from that, I consider Turkey to be part of Europe, whatever Europe is after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)