Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (7 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fred, with all jokes apart, you do know Fifa got a big paycheck to choose Qatar right?

The stadiums look amazing tho. Not a bad word to say about that.
They did? You know that how?

Thats bullshit, if it was going to go to the highest bidder, Washington alone is richer than ten Qatar's.

Plus the last time they held a WC in gringo land, half the population didn't even know the WC was going on.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I see no problem with WC being in Qatar. I think it will be awesome. They have so much money and they'll probably arrange an expensive and spectacular tournament. And isn't Doha like Dubai light? I bet a lot of foreigners will enjoy the country. And the Arabs will probably show up to the games so it will be plenty of people watching.

I mean, we just had the world cup in a poor and one of the most criminal infested countries in the world while it was winter. I see no reason why having it in an rich oil country would be bad.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I see no problem with the WC being hosted in Qatar. I believe every bit that Qatar bought their way in, but I think it'll be cool to have it in the middle east.

As long as extremists stay the fuck away, no one wants to hear their bullshit.

Anyways, we all know Blatter and Platini are morons only looking for money, but with that aside I think Qatar can plan and prepare a quite successful and exciting World Cup.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
They should have the WC in Thailand. People here are football crazy (soccer crazy for you Americans), and all the sleazy douchebags that can't get pussy back home can get laid for under $50. Oh, and the fags, lesbians, trannies, LB's, bisexuals would have no problems fitting in, as Thailand is an extremely tolerant country :D

Amazing beaches, awesome food, cheap booze, women, and a lot of things to do. Thailand would be so much more fun as a WC host than say, Qatar, UAE, or any other Gulf/ME country for that matter!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani does kind of look like what would happen if you crossbred an Arab sheik with a beaver.

enzo

May 14, 2012
We have nothing to discuss here. There is enough evidence to prove corruption in the FIFA. Nobody understands how Quatar could get the world cup. At the moment 9 of 12 stadiums don't even exist. In a time the consequences of global warming become more and more evident, the world cup will take place in air-conditioned stadiums. The majority of presidents of the national football associations is against Quatar, the players as well. As a fan, why would you want to go to Quatar? Who can afford that?

Further, it's a constitutional monarchy and that's not gonna change, we are not on a political mission here. Homosexuality is a crime in Quatar, now tell me how this goes along with the RESPECT/Diversity campaings of the UEFA or FIFA. It's always all about the money, but this time a huge part of it is blown into Blatter's a$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)