Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (5 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sure it is not difficult to bring 2 or 3 bad things about Qatar,cos every country in the world has.But it is much easier to bring up 20 or 30 bad thing about Belgium–Netherlands bid.

I really feal sorry for the Dutch,they have good stadiums and vibrant ppl who know how to watch and support football but the problem is that every time they bid to host a tournament they are forced to include those dumb belgians who don't know the fuck about football and don't even watch the game intensely.

What is most funny about the Belgium-Netherlands bid is that,while Qatar's bid has Zidane as their ambassador,the B-N bid has Christian Karembeu as their official counselor.:lol:

There are also many other stars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbxvWpOXYkw

And not an issue if they buy a team to play in WC.They don't want themselves to be the hosts and get knocked out from the group stage like SA in WC2010 or like one of the hosts of Euro2000 who got their ass kicked too early in the group stage

Avanti Qatar:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCt5n5iWTXU&feature=related
Dude, we have players from our THIRD division, who will go to Qatar to play professionally and earn loads of money. It's a shit place, in a thousand ways and the sooner it disappears the better. So them hosting the World Cup? Fuck no.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I gave the slovenia - algeria match a pass, it was a snore fest game.

One of my offices are at Melrose arch.:sergio: Well the weather was rather unpredictable then but i was more due to the wind making it unbearable.If you ever come here again, avoid shopping in Sandton & Melrose, those are two of the most expensive malls ever.You should have gone to the oriental plaza where all the desi's are. They sell knock off shit & you can always bargain with them.:D
Ya i got ripped off big time in Melrose :D

Dude, we have players from our THIRD division, who will go to Qatar to play professionally and earn loads of money. It's a shit place, in a thousand ways and the sooner it disappears the better. So them hosting the World Cup? Fuck no.
Not true. Mpenza came to Qatar and failed big time, other than that there is no reason whatsoever for Qatari teams to buy players from the Belgian league anyway, i mean come on, they are buying players like Juninho, Batistuta and Guardiola, even if those come at the end of their careers, i'm pretty sure they are still better players than second division Belgians.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
1) Thanks for the information. This makes it seem like they have at least the finances to make a World Cup happen. However, they are competing against my country, so my loyalty should be obvious.:D

2) That's my point, just cause Zidane is for it doesn't means it's A-OK. It just means there's money behind it. Footballers follow the money. The ambassador of the bid really doesn't matter, it's more about the country and what it can bring to the table.

3) Thanks but I don't really need an education into the demographics of European national teams. You can just assume everyone on the forum understands that.:D
1)It is your right to support your own country.

2)In fact the ambassador is supposed to have no importance.Though Blatter has insisted many times that relationships,politics and diplomacy should not interfere in football,but they actually do,and Blatter himself responds to those who have strong relationship with him.I remember that Zidane himself undeservedly won the Fifa best player of the year in a couple of times,in 2000 as well as 2003.

Also the Fifa player of the century,it was decided that the votes in the Fifa's official website will decide the winner,but after the poll was closed it was Maradonna at the top,Blatter then suddenly announced that a second award will be there and appointed a committe of "his own people" to decide the winner,shortly the winner was announced,who? Blatter favorite friend Pele.In this incident,Blatter showed how his friends' relationships makes an impact on his decisions,and also showed how a genius diplomat he is when satisfied both the parties by making it a tie between Pele n Maradonna.

I can tell you many other incidents like this one,but i assume that you know most of them:biggrin:

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Amma put my neck out there and say that if Belgium qualifies and falls in the same group as Qatar then Qatar will have a fairly good chance of coming 2nd in their group.
If Qatar plays against Belgium,then this same scenario will likely be repeated;

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hey Andries,see how your players (who were playing in FIRST division) were falling one after another.:lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
As a host (if they get it) they dont play any qualifying rounds. Probably a stunt to say they played world cup finals!
I understand as a host they don't have to qualify, that's common knowledge I think. Let me rephrase, who does Qatar play in World Cup Qualifying?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Qatar hosting the World Cup would be stupid on a lot of levels and I wouldn't get overly excited about it, but money can buy almost everything. Countries such as South Africa or Brazil in particular are far more appealing to me (and to almost everyone I think). Qatar doesn't even have a proper team FFS. And to make matters even worse it's quite likely that they'll just buy a proper national team.
I totally agree. Qatar should not host this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ya i got ripped off big time in Melrose :D

Not true. Mpenza came to Qatar and failed big time, other than that there is no reason whatsoever for Qatari teams to buy players from the Belgian league anyway, i mean come on, they are buying players like Juninho, Batistuta and Guardiola, even if those come at the end of their careers, i'm pretty sure they are still better players than second division Belgians.
Sure. But they still buy them. Why? I don't know. Because they like to buy stuff I suppose.

Amma put my neck out there and say that if Belgium qualifies and falls in the same group as Qatar then Qatar will have a fairly good chance of coming 2nd in their group.
Dude, have a look at the Belgian national team. Then look at Qatar. Just look at the names and tell me if you truly believe Qatar even come close.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
icεmαή;2701854 said:
Doesn't Qatar have like a shit load of Brazilian born players? Or was that Bahrain?
:agree: they have brazilians, players from Chile, africa and from every part of the world. They probably have 1 player out of the whole squad who is originally from Qatar.

I remember few years ago their youth team qualified to the world cup that was played in some south american country (don't remember who it was). I was absolutely shocked with the level of those players. They've played some brilliant football in that tournament and probably reached the semi-finals back then.

Am pretty sure if Qatar will host the 2022 world cup they'll build one tough team for that tournament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)