Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (6 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I didn't really make out the words, but thats what i chanted when i was over there.:D

Too bad it was a short trip and i couldn't make it to Durban, would have been cool meeting you :faq2:
South Africa is a great country, i want to go back someday.
WTF! You were here too? I was so dizzy during the WC. It really would have been cool to have had you around.

Which cities did you stay in?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
WTF! You were here too? I was so dizzy during the WC. It really would have been cool to have had you around.

It was a short trip, i stayed for only four days, i stayed in Johanesburg, you were MIA at that time too, i wanted to see if you were going to be close to Johanesburg at that time but you weren't around.

Was a great time though, i got to see two matches, one of them was South Africa's game against Uruguay. Only downside was going from 47 degrees to -5 degrees, that was quite a change for me :p

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It was a short trip, i stayed for only four days, i stayed in Johanesburg, you were MIA at that time too, i wanted to see if you were going to be close to Johanesburg at that time but you weren't around.

Was a great time though, i got to see two matches, one of them was South Africa's game against Uruguay. Only downside was going from 47 degrees to -5 degrees, that was quite a change for me :p
Bastard! I was at the game! I couldn't believe how the fans left the match early, fucking embarrassing, really.

I was MIA because i had so many tickets & so many of the games were scattered across the country. I had to leave certain stadiums as soon as a match was done in order to attend another match.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Bastard! I was at the game! I couldn't believe how the fans left the match early, fucking embarrassing, really.

I was MIA because i had so many tickets & so many of the games were scattered across the country. I had to leave certain stadiums as soon as a match was done in order to attend another match.
:lol: You fuckin asshole
You shouldn't have been MIA at the time. This is all your fault:mad:. Btw, PM me your email.

Ya, people left pretty early. I hate it when fans do that, Arsenal fans do it all the time. But to be honest, that was a pretty shitty display by the South African team.

Btw, where were you exactly at the stadium, we might have run into each other without knowing it? :D

What other games did you attend?

I wanted to go to the Holland game, but couldn't find any tickets other than black market ones.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
:lol: You fuckin asshole
You shouldn't have been MIA at the time. This is all your fault:mad:. Btw, PM me your email.

Ya, people left pretty early. I hate it when fans do that, Arsenal fans do it all the time. But to be honest, that was a pretty shitty display by the South African team.

Btw, where were you exactly at the stadium, we might have run into each other without knowing it? :D

What other games did you attend?

I wanted to go to the Holland game, but couldn't find any tickets other than black market ones.
Nah SA fans are fucking gloryhunters, not in the typical Juventuz fashion but they really are. More than 80% of those fans have never, ever watched a bafana bafana game live before. Fucking fakers. As for that match, yeah they deserved to lose, they were absolutely pathetic.

I was in the media box, my friend is a producer for supersport & he oprganized a lot of tickets for me.If his boss was there, i had to sit directly underneath the media box.

I was at most of the big team games & the big matches. During half time i would log onto msn & chat with Tahir. Did you see the England vs USA match? I put up the lebanese flag under the players entrance.:D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

it would have been cool IF YOU had been around here before the world cup,you could have been our roving reporter

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nah SA fans are fucking gloryhunters, not in the typical Juventuz fashion but they really are. More than 80% of those fans have never, ever watched a bafana bafana game live before. Fucking fakers. As for that match, yeah they deserved to lose, they were absolutely pathetic.

I was in the media box, my friend is a producer for supersport & he oprganized a lot of tickets for me.If his boss was there, i had to sit directly underneath the media box.

I was at most of the big team games & the big matches. During half time i would log onto msn & chat with Tahir. Did you see the England vs USA match? I put up the lebanese flag under the players entrance.:D

Oh, so we were in completely different sides of the stadium, i was on the opposite side.

As for the Lebanese flag :lol:

I was here in the UAE at the time, i went in the next day, the day Slovenia played Algeria.

If you still had a Facebook you would have seen the pictures.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Btw, before i went to South Africa, i looked at the weather forecast, which said that the temperature was going to be between 5 degrees to 17 during the Winter. But it reached -5 and sometimes -6 when we were there. Obviously living in the UAE, where its never cold, we had a hard time finding good winter clothes, so we decided to do some shopping in South Africa, we went to two malls, one of them was called Melrose which was close to our hotel, fucking gloves were sold out everywhere :mad:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Oh, so we were in completely different sides of the stadium, i was on the opposite side.

As for the Lebanese flag :lol:

I was here in the UAE at the time, i went in the next day, the day Slovenia played Algeria.

If you still had a Facebook you would have seen the pictures.
I gave the slovenia - algeria match a pass, it was a snore fest game.

Btw, before i went to South Africa, i looked at the weather forecast, which said that the temperature was going to be between 5 degrees to 17 during the Winter. But it reached -5 and sometimes -6 when we were there. Obviously living in the UAE, where its never cold, we had a hard time finding good winter clothes, so we decided to do some shopping in South Africa, we went to two malls, one of them was called Melrose which was close to our hotel, fucking gloves were sold out everywhere :mad:
One of my offices are at Melrose arch.:sergio: Well the weather was rather unpredictable then but i was more due to the wind making it unbearable.If you ever come here again, avoid shopping in Sandton & Melrose, those are two of the most expensive malls ever.You should have gone to the oriental plaza where all the desi's are. They sell knock off shit & you can always bargain with them.:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I really hope Qatar get it. Then you lot can enjoy watching how the english media slate your country. You can enjoy how the rest of the world will bring up every single negative aspect about Qatar!

Best of all will be all those candy ass europeans that won't go because they're afraid of terrorists.
It's not exactly difficult to bring up two or three bad things about Qatar. And candy ass Europeans.. how can you say the Dutch are the same as the Spanish or the German the same as the Italian? The difference is far too big to speak of a true European culture.

Qatar hosting the World Cup would be stupid on a lot of levels and I wouldn't get overly excited about it, but money can buy almost everything. Countries such as South Africa or Brazil in particular are far more appealing to me (and to almost everyone I think). Qatar doesn't even have a proper team FFS. And to make matters even worse it's quite likely that they'll just buy a proper national team.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
It's not exactly difficult to bring up two or three bad things about Qatar. And candy ass Europeans.. how can you say the Dutch are the same as the Spanish or the German the same as the Italian? The difference is far too big to speak of a true European culture.

Qatar hosting the World Cup would be stupid on a lot of levels and I wouldn't get overly excited about it, but money can buy almost everything. Countries such as South Africa or Brazil in particular are far more appealing to me (and to almost everyone I think). Qatar doesn't even have a proper team FFS. And to make matters even worse it's quite likely that they'll just buy a proper national team.
Sure it is not difficult to bring 2 or 3 bad things about Qatar,cos every country in the world has.But it is much easier to bring up 20 or 30 bad thing about Belgium–Netherlands bid.

I really feal sorry for the Dutch,they have good stadiums and vibrant ppl who know how to watch and support football but the problem is that every time they bid to host a tournament they are forced to include those dumb belgians who don't know the fuck about football and don't even watch the game intensely.

What is most funny about the Belgium-Netherlands bid is that,while Qatar's bid has Zidane as their ambassador,the B-N bid has Christian Karembeu as their official counselor.:lol:

There are also many other stars:

And not an issue if they buy a team to play in WC.They don't want themselves to be the hosts and get knocked out from the group stage like SA in WC2010 or like one of the hosts of Euro2000 who got their ass kicked too early in the group stage

Avanti Qatar:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I hope the USA get the bid. We have the stadiums for it, the means to host thousands of people, a multitude of cultures, and I can still say I don't need a passport.

Zidane as an ambassador is a bit of a joke considering he turned his back on his home country. He's just in it for the money.

Here's a question nobody has asked, does Qatar have the infrastructure and means to host the number of people that will travel to a world cup or will it just turn out to be some soccer tournament put on for the financial elite?

I'm asking because I don't know much about Qatar.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I hope the USA get the bid. We have the stadiums for it, the means to host thousands of people, a multitude of cultures, and I can still say I don't need a passport.

Zidane as an ambassador is a bit of a joke considering he turned his back on his home country. He's just in it for the money.

Here's a question nobody has asked, does Qatar have the infrastructure and means to host the number of people that will travel to a world cup or will it just turn out to be some soccer tournament put on for the financial elite?

Wait, Algeria bid for the World Cup? :D

Qatar does have quite a good infrastructure and even if it isn't enough, they have the means to build it in time for the World Cup. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Asia Cup they are going to host in January. Forza India :weee:

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007

Here Aaron,u can read yourself what Blatter said about organisational abilities of Qatar and their development.

http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/...-qatar-world-cup-bid&catid=62:qatar&Itemid=75

As for Zidane,he was not the only player who turned his back on his own country,thousands of ppl did it,if u take a look at the french team who won 98WC you will find not less than 10 players who did the same,trezeguet was Argentinian in origin and Vieira was from Senegal and Djorkaeff was Armenian and and and and .......................

Even now,in each and every european natinal team you will find at least one player who was eligible to play for 2 national teams but has chosen his birth country over his original country,Deco,Amauri,Balotelli,J.Boating,Ibrahimovic,Benzema and i can go on and on.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
icεmαή;2701563 said:
Wait, Algeria bid for the World Cup? :D

Qatar does have quite a good infrastructure and even if it isn't enough, they have the means to build it in time for the World Cup. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Asia Cup they are going to host in January. Forza India :weee:
Just commenting on his choice of national team. :D

I have no problem with a Mid East/Asian team hosing it, so long as they have the infrastructure and means to do so (hotels, restaurants, etc). I think those are the biggest issues other than security.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Here Aaron,u can read yourself what Blatter said about organisational abilities of Qatar and their development.

http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/...-qatar-world-cup-bid&catid=62:qatar&Itemid=75

As for Zidane,he was not the only player who turned his back on his own country,thousands of ppl did it,if u take a look at the french team who won 98WC you will find not less than 10 players who did the same,trezeguet was Argentinian in origin and Vieira was from Senegal and Djorkaeff was Armenian and and and and .......................

Even now,in each and every european natinal team you will find at least one player who was eligible to play for 2 national teams but has chosen his birth country over his original country,Deco,Amauri,Balotelli,J.Boating,Ibrahimovic,Benzema and i can go on and on.
1) Thanks for the information. This makes it seem like they have at least the finances to make a World Cup happen. However, they are competing against my country, so my loyalty should be obvious.:D

2) That's my point, just cause Zidane is for it doesn't means it's A-OK. It just means there's money behind it. Footballers follow the money. The ambassador of the bid really doesn't matter, it's more about the country and what it can bring to the table.

3) Thanks but I don't really need an education into the demographics of European national teams. You can just assume everyone on the forum understands that.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)