Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (6 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Cut the crap. People fight each other at a fucking baseball game in the States.
That's very rare though. There was a stabbing incident a couple years ago that pretty much shocked everyone because that type of stuff hardly ever happens here. I see people here walking around in rival teams' shirts & most of the time no one even cares. And yeah, you can't even really swear at a sporting event here, let alone do many other things.

Dec 31, 2008
The 54 member associations of UEFA have voted in favour of staging the 2022 Qatar World Cup during the winter.
Amid concerns about the heat and humidity of a summer tournament, European nations want the event moving after a meeting in Croatia.
FIFA Vice-President Jim Boyce stated: “What has come out of this meeting is that the World Cup cannot be played in Qatar in the summer.
“Everyone was certainly in agreement about that.
“There are still nine years to go and people feel FIFA should sit down with all the major stakeholders and come up with a solution that would cause the minimum disruption to football.
“There is plenty of time to do that in my opinion – and hopefully football will be the winner.”
Although countries are in favour of the switch, it is as yet unclear whether the tournament would be played at the start or during the last two months of the year.
UEFA are thought to be in favour of a January event given that would not interfere with the Champions League or Europa League calendar.
FIFA’s executive committee will meet next month to discuss their options.

- - - Updated - - -
@Fred :weee:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Haha, it actually is a joke, a joke worth lots of money.

I just hope this tournament will be the worst in all the past and future footballs history. So that people would think at least twice before assigning only based on how much money is thrown in their faces.

Dec 31, 2008
Haha, it actually is a joke, a joke worth lots of money.

I just hope this tournament will be the worst in all the past and future footballs history. So that people would think at least twice before assigning only based on how much money is thrown in their faces.
how? you mean by the quality of matches etc.?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Let it mess up whole season of club football, and organisational issues or whatever, as for the matches I really don't care, cos by the time 22 arrives the international matches will be even more pointless.

Look man, I say to you plainly, I just don't like the whole idea of this tournament being done in Qatar.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That's very rare though. There was a stabbing incident a couple years ago that pretty much shocked everyone because that type of stuff hardly ever happens here. I see people here walking around in rival teams' shirts & most of the time no one even cares. And yeah, you can't even really swear at a sporting event here, let alone do many other things.
No, but several people died on the opening NFL weekend from falling from stadiums. Apparently there have been 20 fan-related deaths at stadiums in just the past year in the U.S.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I have absolutely no issues with Qatar wanting to host a world cup, and gifting the local millionares top quality football.
I have no issues with it beeing at the freaking other end of the world.

However, the nerve that it has to upset the entire football calander, is disgusting. Its jus the fifa dropping its pants and getting anally raped cause they got cash

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Let it mess up whole season of club football, and organisational issues or whatever, as for the matches I really don't care, cos by the time 22 arrives the international matches will be even more pointless.

Look man, I say to you plainly, I just don't like the whole idea of this tournament being done in Qatar.
2 seasons of club football, actually :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
yeah, i bet. with all that money the oil sheiks have, you'd think they wouldn't mind shelling out a bit for better conditions for their workers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)