Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (13 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Racially motivated crimes and crimes in general comparing US and Ireland :lol:

See this?

82,000 seater stadium built by an amatuer organisation.

IIRC the only fan trouble we've had in the last 30 years was British fucks trying to stab our children...

Americans are some of the nicest people in the world, some of the biggest cunts too, their country has it all, including horrible bad things.
To be fair, we're really good at running international events. As for racism and violence in our sporting events. There's virtually no racism and the violence among fans is minimal when compared to the rest of the world. You rarely hear "hey niggy, niggy" at baseball games anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
indeed. you know canada would organize the best world cup ever. because canada strives for excellence in everything it does.

except public transportation. it likes to mess up that
Canada couldn't even make it snow for Vancouver 2010. Qatar can make weather.

Qatar > Canada.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I like them... But then, I don't know if it's because I'm not that familiar with them due to the places where I'm from and more familiar with being far away. My home city's not in competition with them, unlike Toronto I guess. I know they are disliked by some folks where I'm living now.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what you think of Montreal or the province of Quebec, in that case.

Buffon's Army

Jun 28, 2013
I like them... But then, I don't know if it's because I'm not that familiar with them due to the places where I'm from and more familiar with being far away. My home city's not in competition with them, unlike Toronto I guess. I know they are disliked by some folks where I'm living now.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what you think of Montreal or the province of Quebec, in that case.
Not to get into the political debate, but I personally have no problem with Quebec and the Maritime provinces, have a lot of family there. I have family in BC too, but something about the presence of Vancouver's sense of entitlement sort of rubs me off the wrong way. But it could be because their hockey team rubs me off the wrong way. haha I'm a Bruins fan to be fair.

Edit: No doubt Toronto is hated across Canada, I can attest to that traveling in a few different provinces.

And to be fair, center of (Canadian) universe will garner a lot of attention.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Good, that you like Quebec and the Maritimes. I think bilingualism is an essential part of Canada's identity, and I don't like that we forget that Quebec isn't the only thing francophone in our country; there are also many less important but still notable communities across the country which live in harmony with anglophones. Canada is what it is because of all its cultural representatives and I feel Canadian. I'm from Quebec city, and I'm living in Montreal (big rivalry). We're mainly federalists over there and that is unlike in Montreal, where a good portion of francophone are separatists and that's not to say they are the only place either. Not going to go more into that debate, but I had to do it briefly since I don't like the picture some got about the province. I'll finish by saying that if that province is still part of Canada, it's because the majority want it that way and I think that's a shame Quebec probably is disliked because of some separatists (well, among other things I guess).

Yeah, Vancouver's entitlement is known, but Toronto are not that bad in that domain too :D I think you didn't get me, I meant that Vancouver is disliked by some here, but it's also true that Toronto is much more hated here in Montreal (you would've guessed). Comparatively, Quebec city's only beef is with Montreal.

Bruins fan? I take it you surely dislike the Leafs if it's not your team. My city lost its team!

Buffon's Army

Jun 28, 2013
Good, that you like Quebec and the Maritimes. I think bilingualism is an essential part of Canada's identity, and I don't like that we forget that Quebec isn't the only thing francophone in our country; there are also many less important but still notable communities across the country which live in harmony with anglophones. I'm from Quebec city, and I'm living in Montreal (big rivalry). We're mainly federalists over there, unlike in Montreal where a good portion of francophone are separatists (they're not really the only place either). Anyway, not going to go more into that debate, but I had to do it briefly. I'll finish by saying that if Quebec is still part of Canada, it's because the majority want it that way and I think that's a shame Quebec probably is disliked because of some separatists (well, among other things I guess).

Yeah, Vancouver's entitlement is known, but Toronto are not that bad in that domain too :D I think you didn't get me, I meant that Vancouver is disliked by some here, but it's also true that Toronto is much more hated here in Montreal (you would've guessed). Comparatively, Quebec city's only beef is with Montreal.

Bruins fan? I take it you surely dislike the Leafs if it's not your team. My city lost its team!
It is definitely still important to divulge their presence in Canadian society.

As for the 2nd paragraph, make no mistake, Toronto is hated across the country, but the thing with what I've noted from my time in Vancouver is that they take it to another level. I don't understand how such a beautiful city with a blooming economy has to sag on Toronto every single time. While staying over at my cousin's place during vacationing there, I saw a documentary on why Ontario/Toronto is disliked. Toronto on the other hand does not really take into Vancouver's attention, it seems like little brother complex to me, but I'm biased. :D

Sorry for derailing the thread, feel free to message me with further discussion.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Have it in Malta @Klin

- - - Updated - - -

Tickets can be paid in Potatoes and Pastizzi (the food and the more sexual variant)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Have it in Malta @Klin

- - - Updated - - -

Tickets can be paid in Potatoes and Pastizzi (the food and the more sexual variant)
Damn you Salvo, just cause I accuse you of being a G all the time doesn't mean i'm not maltese too :p

Yeah we would have a fantastic World Cup, with the final being held in the massive Ta Qali Stadium which has an over-the-top capacity of around 17,000 spectators!!

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
god damn bogan. before Salvo used pastizzi as both food and a sexual reference, so i did the same using another traditional dish, falda mimlija, which is a stuffed piece of meat, but falda is sort of "slang" for pussy

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
god damn bogan. before Salvo used pastizzi as both food and a sexual reference, so i did the same using another traditional dish, falda mimlija, which is a stuffed piece of meat, but falda is sort of "slang" for pussy
pastizzi is sexual reference? :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

well if you mean it tastes so good it is sexual :drool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)