Puyol? (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juve push for Puyol
Saturday 15 January, 2005

The Bianconeri’s January shopping isn’t over with bids for Barca’s Carles Puyol and Messina man Alessandro Parisi (pictured).

Juventus have long been linked with the Spanish international and were close to a move last summer, but the matter has come up again following the decision to renew their defence.

Mark Iuliano has already joined Real Majorca, while Nicola Legrottaglie is days away from completing his switch to Bologna and Igor Tudor is in negotiations with West Bromwich Albion.

Puyol will be very difficult to prise away from the Nou Camp, but Juve are ready to offer Alessio Tacchinardi immediately in order to get his signature by the end of the season.

Director General Luciano Moggi has another option open to him, though they will need to do battle with Inter in order to get their hands on Alessandro Parisi.

The Messina fullback – nicknamed the ‘Sicilian Roberto Carlos’ – scored 14 goals in Serie B last season and has been a revelation in the top flight, earning an Azzurri cap already.

Inter were reportedly in talks with the player earlier this week, but Juventus are said to have captured an option on Parisi two years ago and are ready to make that preparation count.

The Turin giants have already signed Adrian Mutu this week, though reports from the UK suggest they could yet be caught in a legal web.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I wish for this to happen. Tacchinardi+Cash for Puyol
And Parisi has impressed on me. So why not :)
Then Mutu+Cash for Cassano and we buy Pizarro.
we have to buy Chivu too :D

IN:
-Puyol
-Chivu
-Pizarro
-Parisi
-Cassano

OUT:
-Legrottaglie
-Montero
-Iuliano
-Tacchinardi
-Mutu
-Zalayeta

Edit: Remember that Thuram is almost at his peak and Ferrara will resign at the end of the season. Pessotto is kinda old too, so we really need the reinforcement. And Capello is good at signing defenders, just look at Roma ;)

Hhaha if this happened I would live in a dream :p but its most unlikely...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
TBH, I've always tought Puyol was a bit overrated and I've never rated him higly, especially not among the worlds top defeners.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++

IN:
-Puyol
-Chivu
-Pizarro
-Parisi
-Cassano
I dont see logic in this.......Parisi,Chivu + Zambrotta.....having 3 LB's in one team + return of Chellini......

And let's face it....Chivu cant play CB at juve....he can't do it even in Roma. AFAIR
he gave gis best games as LWB in Romanian NT during Euro2000

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
True, we can spare Chivu. Probably Parisi too, Chiellini is already at the same level as this kid.

Puyol in Juve is just dreaming. ;(

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

I dont see logic in this.......Parisi,Chivu + Zambrotta.....having 3 LB's in one team + return of Chellini......

And let's face it....Chivu cant play CB at juve....he can't do it even in Roma. AFAIR
he gave gis best games as LWB in Romanian NT during Euro2000
Chivu is much better as CB than as left-back. As CB for Roma last year under Capello is when he impressed.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
yes. Thats what I mean. Imagine Chivu - Cannavaro, or Chivu - Puyol, or Cannavaro - Puyol :D great...

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Ya I would love that last one. :) The only problem would be their height, 1.76 and 1.78 m. Wouldn't be easy against an offence like ours. But if we keep Tudor, than ya. :undecide:

Geof

May 14, 2004
Puyol? Good player, but too expensive.

We could sign both Chivu and Kompany for the price he's gonna cost. But of course swapping Tacchi could help.... Another Moggi trick in the make?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I rate Puyol very highly. I think he's good, although how old is he, and there's nothing on Barca's asking price either. Neway, very doubtful this deal would pull through.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
wow so hes not old YAY! One of my favourite defenders together with Cannavaro and Nesta! I want him so much..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Puyol is the Captain of Barcelona. No way in hell will they sell him for a measely amount. They would not even sell him for an astronomical figure. No sense in even mentioning Puyol because he will not leave Barca.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
TBH, I've always tought Puyol was a bit overrated and I've never rated him higly, especially not among the worlds top defeners.
I disagree, Puyol is class. He was brilliant as a right back a few years ago and is doing just as well as a central defender now. He'd be a super signing but I can't see it happening.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Puyol is past his prime, IMO, but he'd be a great acquisition. Don't see it happening, though.

Parisi is a nice wingback to complement Zambro too. Definitely would like to see that acquisition as well, and that one is perhaps a little more likely. I haven't been as impressed with his defensive skills as his amazing set piece ability. Sort of like Ze Maria in some respects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)