Primavera 2011-2012 (+ other youth team of Juventus) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We won our first game of the Viareggio Cup 6-1 against Nordsjaelland

Branescu
Untersee, Gouano, Rubin, Liviero
Appelt, Chibsah
Ruggiero, Beltrame, De Silvestro
Padovan​

Subs: Gagliardini, Carfora, Magnusson, Garcia, Emmanuello, Bouy, Spinazzola, Margiotta, Libertazzi

Goals: Ruggiero, Padovan, Beltrame, Bouy, Padovan, De Silvestro
No Magnusson :(

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I'm not sure if anyone wants this but it can't hurt. I found an interview from Sweden today from Carlos Garcia that I'll translate. Source: http://www.svenskafans.com/italien/Intervista-Carlos-Garcia-433693.aspx

How would you like to describe yourself as a player?
As a center back with good passing skills and who's good at reading the game

You arrived at Juventus about two years ago. How do you feel you've evolved as a player since then?
I think that I've developed everything, but to pick a few I'd say I've become better tactically and better at evaluating different situations.

A normal day in your life, can you describe what it looks liket?
In the morning it's training, school or volunteer work at the red cross. The club is very thorough that we always have an activity during the morning, so that we don't sleep it away. After that it's lunch and departure to training grounds for training at 14:45. When the training is over one usually relax at the hotel, go out and eat at a restaurant or see the cinema.

What about the language? Do you speak Italian?
I'm completely fluent. It didn't take that much time since I already knew Spanish. I have also taken private lessons with a tutor who comes to the players hotel a couple of times a week.

What do you think of Turin as city? Anything in particular you would like to highlight in the city?
I'm very content with Turin. It's a beautiful city that is a little bigger than Stockholm. If there is anything specifically to adress that would be downtown that is filled out of marble arcades.

Is there anyone you look up to in Juventus or any other club?
Naturally I look up to the defenders in the first squad. Whenever I get the chance to train with players like Chiellini and Barzagli I try to learn as much as possible and pick up different details.

How has Primavera done this year?
It has gone very well for us so far. We lead the series in front of Fiorentina and are in the semifinals of the Coppa Italia where we meet Fiorentina. Our major goal for the season is to win the triple (Campionato Primavera, Coppa Italia, Viareggio).

Are there any particular players that stand out in the Primavera and that you strongly believe in the future?
We have a very good team with plenty of good players. It's difficult to drop any names but the new Dutch Ouasim Bouy is sharp.

How do you feel about being loaned out to for example Serie B?
Right now I'm concentrating solely on winning the tripple with Primavera. Next season it is important for me to get regular time on the pitch. Just nu koncentrerar jag mig endast på att vinna trippeln med Primavera. Nästa säsong är det viktigaste för mig att få regelbunden speltid. A loan is [will be] absolutely relevant.

Could you describe your coach, Mister Baroni? What's his philosophy and how is he as a person?
Mister Baroni is a very good coach but also a nice person. You can tell he's well experienced. He's tough but fair and demands maximum out of his players.

Do you notice that there is a positive atmosphere in Juventus now that things are going well, compared to earlier when things were worse?
There is not much difference from previous years except that all are a bit easier in some way and it's a little better atmosphere at the training facility. There there's lesser prints in the newspaper.

Brazilian Gabriel Appelt Pires who came to Juventus during the summer was praised by many and has recently been awarded with a first-team contract. You who play with him, how well do you think he is?
He is very good and you can tell that it's a good player with great potential.

My gut feeling is that Juventus, since Marotta and Paratici arrivals, the club has started recruiting more talents than before and more foreign talents. Do you agree?
Yes, when I arrived two years ago I was the only foreigner in the whole youth section. Now we have 15 different nationalities in the primavera only.

How do you think it will go for Juve this season? Will there be a scudetto?
I think Juventus has a great chance to grab the scudetto. If the key players can remain injury free I think the gold comes home to Turin where it belongs.

Where do you see yourself in the future? Are there any dreams?
My dream is of course to one day play in Juventus first team and win many big titles and to represent the Swedish NT in the future.

Lastly, Viareggio tournament started today and you won by 6-1 to Nordsjaelland. What do you think your chances are?
I think we have a very good chance to win the tournament as long as we do not underestimate out opponents. Us and Roma has to be seen as favorites whilst Inter, Fiorentina and Milan can be considered as underdogs.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
"My gut feeling is that Juventus, since Marotta and Paratici arrivals, the club has started recruiting more talents than before and more foreign talents. Do you agree?
Yes, when I arrived two years ago I was the only foreigner in the whole youth section. Now we have 15 different nationalities in the primavera only."

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Group A -->

1.Juventus 37 p
2.Fiorentina 32 p
3.Torino 28 p

Group B -->

1.AC Miln 32 p
2.Chievo 31 p
3.Inter 30 p

Group C -->

1.Lazio 42 p
2.Roma 42 p
3.Palermo 35 p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)