Premier League 2022-23 (29 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I said before I never fancied Klopp here, and it's not because he's not a top coach, but he can only be a top coach if the club buys into how he plays and give him his players. I can't think of a worse team to transpose Klopp's football to than Juve of the last 5 years. You need to give a coach like him carte blanche and 2 or 3 seasons. Instead we appoint Pirlo and then be surprised that he isn't automatically Klopp or Guardiola, or even Conte in his first season.
Isnt that a pre-condition for the success of any coach that has a vision or football philosophy? Unless he just walks into an already stacked squad or its a super weak league they need time

We have had the dinosaur for 2 years with said carte blanche and influence on transfers, in broke ass serie A and what do we have to show for it? We play worse football and worse results than the Pirlo you just mocked

If Klopp is up for grabs we would be absolutely insane not to try to go for him. The guy built two clubs

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Isnt that a pre-condition for the success of any coach that has a vision or football philosophy? Unless he just walks into an already stacked squad or its a super weak league they need time

We have had the dinosaur for 2 years with said carte blanche and influence on transfers, in broke ass serie A and what do we have to show for it? We play worse football and worse results than the Pirlo you just mocked

If Klopp is up for grabs we would be absolutely insane not to try to go for him. The guy built two clubs
I see you read me say Klopp and hear Allegri.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Pirlo could have done well for us had he been given more time.

He was taking over from one of the best coaches in the modern game, and ended up have his own legacy as a Juve coach tainted by a coach from 150 BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He learned from the best coaches like Lippi, Ancelotti, Conte and Sarri.
Had he stayed, he win 2 UCLs no doubt.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Completely agree. I think he had the hallmarks of an absolute management legend. By the time he retired, I’m confident Pirlo would ranked alongside the likes of Ancelotti.

But like i’ve said above, despite covid related issues during his time, one needs to recognize that Pirlo was at an advantage taking over from someone as tactically brilliant as Sarri..which wasn’t something other young coaches did.

It was like the Rijkard to Pep transition for us. Only better.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Completely agree. I think he had the hallmarks of an absolute management legend. By the time he retired, I’m confident Pirlo would ranked alongside the likes of Ancelotti.

But like i’ve said above, despite covid related issues during his time, one needs to recognize that Pirlo was at an advantage taking over from someone as tactically brilliant as Sarri..which wasn’t something other young coaches did.

It was like the Rijkard to Pep transition for us. Only better.

Remember 3 - 0 Barca?
He made a midfield 3 of Ramsey, Arthur and McKennie beat the shit out of them.
That something more impressive than 3 - 0 Barca of Allegri's.
He just needed pre season and maybe we could see the most dominant team in history that season

Imagine if Juve keep both Sarri and Pirlo though :tuttosport:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
It would have been an excellent concept. Both on the sidelines. We get the best of both worlds. A coaching legend. And a coaching legend to be.

Could have been an era defining combo. Sacchi’s Milan and Shankly’s Liverpool would have been nothing in comparison.

Dissapointing that we regressed to a serial loser afterwards who will drag this team to Serie C

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It’s his obsession. Not to mention our carte blanche on transfers over the last two years has had around a €0 net spend lol.
my obsession? Not yours? :lol:

Carte Blanche in terms of expectations. He can go a season and a half playing horrid football and delivering no trophies or results and still be unsackable.

Pirlo was held accountable to expectations with less time and less resources (and despite winning a trophy).

The only source of pressure on Allegri has been the non-throater portion of the fans.

This is all moot now ofc and hopefully he follows the rest of the incompetents who ran the club into the ground

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)