Premier League 2022-23 (6 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Even Spurs hired a better manager than Allegri :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be surprised if he bought some Japanese players though.
Ones from Celtic or ones he saw in J League that are now established in bigger European leagues? Tbh I think he's seen a niche of technically sound players available for relatively cheaply who he has knowledge of and who fit his style, and made them work. I'm not sure how you replicate that in moneybags league, but his #1 task is to get more out of who they have.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I'm pretty sure we'll have complete opposite opinions on this.

He could do well and plays attacking football but for me he is a bit naive in how he sets up. When I've seen them come up against a side of similar quality, he's lacked a plan B. They failed in Europe and I've seen a Rangers team that isn't special match them on a few occasions tactically at least.

To be honest I'm amazed to see Spurs after him. That's not a dig at him but more the gulf between the Scottish league and EPL. I wouldn't expect any manager to get a job outside of a mid table team e.g. Gerrard to Villa and Rodgers to Leicester.
I'm surprised as well because of the jump in quality without having achieved anything outside of Scotland while at Celtic. Obviously he's won continental competitions in Asia, but in my mind he'd have got a move to England after getting celtic to the last 16 or something.

Which we may have done this season had our finishing been at all good. Something like 80 shots and 3 goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Ones from Celtic or ones he saw in J League that are now established in bigger European leagues? Tbh I think he's seen a niche of technically sound players available for relatively cheaply who he has knowledge of and who fit his style, and made them work. I'm not sure how you replicate that in moneybags league, but his #1 task is to get more out of who they have.
The best technical player at Celtic now is Reo Hatate, and I don't think he's at Spurs' level to be honest. Somebody like Mcgregor could be useful at any team but I would be shocked if he followed Ange to Tottenham.

Which is to say whoever Ange signs I don't think it'll be players from the Celtic squad. I think your assessment is spot on. It'll be interesting to see* who he picks up and how he adapts his style to the moneybags league

*figuratively speaking, since I don't watch English football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)