Premier League 2022-23 (10 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
He kicked into a new level this year. At the age of 32 too. What a career comeback and potentially can sneak into the list of greats if they beat Inter
There was no real comback per se — he's always been a quality player. He was the first signing of the Guardiola era. Though this purple patch in the last 2-3 months is different gravy

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Is he? The Milan links seem stronger than him remaining at City. Then again, must just be silly rumours.

In any event, I’ll be pretty shocked if he decided to come to Italy over other offers. That too at Milan. If any club has the remotest chance of signing a WC non Serie A player, Napoli is likely the most attractive option because they are functionally well. But they are careful with how much they spend and Gundogan is likely out of their financial range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2004
Is he? The Milan links seem stronger than him remaining at City. Then again, must just be silly rumours.

In any event, I’ll be pretty shocked if he decided to come to Italy over other offers. That too at Milan. If any club has the remotest chance of signing a WC non Serie A player, Napoli is likely the most attractive option because they are functionally well. But they are careful with how much they spend and Gundogan is likely out of their financial range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65784277

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
What do you think about Ange at Spurs? @Scottish @Boksic

Does he have a fair chance at doing something or just an uphill battle?
Depends on how much time he'll get. He's got some excellent footballing ideas. He was able to immediately impliment them at Celtic after being backed by the board 100%, with him bringing in players that were no way already on the club's radar.

The jump in quality is very high, enough that I don't think he'll take any players with him. It's also such a jump that he may not have players at that level already in mind for his system.

They'll play great football that's for sure. I think he'll do well and wouldn't be too surprised if he managed to finally win something tbh.

Really sad to see him leave Celtic.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Even Spurs hired a better manager than Allegri :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on how much time he'll get. He's got some excellent footballing ideas. He was able to immediately impliment them at Celtic after being backed by the board 100%, with him bringing in players that were no way already on the club's radar.

The jump in quality is very high, enough that I don't think he'll take any players with him. It's also such a jump that he may not have players at that level already in mind for his system.

They'll play great football that's for sure. I think he'll do well and wouldn't be too surprised if he managed to finally win something tbh.

Really sad to see him leave Celtic.
I wouldn't be surprised if he bought some Japanese players though.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
What do you think about Ange at Spurs? @Scottish @Boksic

Does he have a fair chance at doing something or just an uphill battle?
I'm pretty sure we'll have complete opposite opinions on this.

He could do well and plays attacking football but for me he is a bit naive in how he sets up. When I've seen them come up against a side of similar quality, he's lacked a plan B. They failed in Europe and I've seen a Rangers team that isn't special match them on a few occasions tactically at least.

To be honest I'm amazed to see Spurs after him. That's not a dig at him but more the gulf between the Scottish league and EPL. I wouldn't expect any manager to get a job outside of a mid table team e.g. Gerrard to Villa and Rodgers to Leicester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)