Premier League 2022-23 (24 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Because he walked into a 100 euro restaurant with only 10 euro. He really couldn't get along with euro could he?
His metaphor has evolved. After the last match he said

"The club knows very well what I think. I have one thing and I don't know if it's positive or negative but I like to tell the truth. I don't like to tell lies or good lies," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"For this reason if you remember I said at the start of this season pay attention because this season will be really difficult because we are in a moment that we didn't have good solid foundations. We are continuing to create this foundation.

"Before building a solid foundation I have to wait, we have to wait, and I think we are in this moment because we are trying to build this foundation with the 12/13 players, reliable players, strong players then with young players to develop this situation, to improve.

"And then you are ready every season to sign one or two players, but important players, quality players. To spend money in this way you improve the quality of your team. Otherwise if you sign seven players and you spend £60m it means you are spending maybe £10m on every player. Usually when you spend this money the level of the player is medium no? Or a young player that you have to wait to develop.

"The level now is very, very high and the level improved because Manchester United invested a lot of money and they already had important players and then put other players. Chelsea did the same, Manchester City did the same and Arsenal did the same. You always see one following the others. Also if you invest £50m or £60m then the other arrives with a bazooka and
you only have a little gun compared to their bazooka." :lol:

The players look burnt out. If the club doesnt back him publicly and with signings then that's it for Spurs as a top 4 contender for the foreseeable future. They wont get this level of coach again, and they wont spend for someone else if they dont spend to back Conte. This year Newcastle and Arsenal are surprisingly over performing but Liverpool and Chelsea have collapsed so it evens out. Next year it'll be even more difficult for Spurs. This is not the premier league Poch used to find himself in.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
His metaphor has evolved. After the last match he said

"The club knows very well what I think. I have one thing and I don't know if it's positive or negative but I like to tell the truth. I don't like to tell lies or good lies," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"For this reason if you remember I said at the start of this season pay attention because this season will be really difficult because we are in a moment that we didn't have good solid foundations. We are continuing to create this foundation.

"Before building a solid foundation I have to wait, we have to wait, and I think we are in this moment because we are trying to build this foundation with the 12/13 players, reliable players, strong players then with young players to develop this situation, to improve.

"And then you are ready every season to sign one or two players, but important players, quality players. To spend money in this way you improve the quality of your team. Otherwise if you sign seven players and you spend £60m it means you are spending maybe £10m on every player. Usually when you spend this money the level of the player is medium no? Or a young player that you have to wait to develop.

"The level now is very, very high and the level improved because Manchester United invested a lot of money and they already had important players and then put other players. Chelsea did the same, Manchester City did the same and Arsenal did the same. You always see one following the others. Also if you invest £50m or £60m then the other arrives with a bazooka and you only have a little gun compared to their bazooka." :lol:

The players look burnt out. If the club doesnt back him publicly and with signings then that's it for Spurs as a top 4 contender for the foreseeable future. They wont get this level of coach again, and they wont spend for someone else if they dont spend to back Conte. This year Newcastle and Arsenal are surprisingly over performing but Liverpool and Chelsea have collapsed so it evens out. Next year it'll be even more difficult for Spurs. This is not the premier league Poch used to find himself in.
"12/13 players plus kids"
Lloris
Forster

Romero
Dier
Sanchez
Lenglet
Davies
Emerson
Doherty

Skipp
Hojberg
Bentancur
Bissouma
Sessegnon
Perisic

Son
Richardson
Kulusevski
Lucas Moura
Kane

20 players with lots of first team experience, plus a fair few players 21-23 also in this squad.

Other than him lying again it's the usual Conte diatribe - "I can't compete long term because other teams spend more", it's all he ever says. He wants a job like Chelsea now with their unlimited spending. Maybe he can be the next step for Newcastle after Howe when they are expected to win trophies. I'm sure he'll find something wrong though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)