Premier League 2022-23 (33 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
actually our shit midfield was playing tonight
I meant they were toothless with the shit midfield that started vs United. Did not articulate myself well at all. :grin:

Honestly your midfield was needlessly shit tonight. Had Klopp not dropped Fabinho, your injury ridden midfield would've managed to hold its own. Very weird decision from Klopp.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I meant they were toothless with the shit midfield that started vs United. Did not articulate myself well at all. :grin:

Honestly your midfield was needlessly shit tonight. Had Klopp not dropped Fabinho, your injury ridden midfield would've managed to hold its own. Very weird decision from Klopp.

Things could always be worse I guess. We could have 2 pts from 3 matches against Fulham, Crystal Palace, and a United that got bombed 4-0 by Brentford a week ago.

@Enron how long is that extension Klopp just signed? ;)
3 years

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
The Mctominay triple hand ball today was incredible.

no stoppage, whistle or var
Just seen it now also, totally absurd decision, some pundits mentioned that neither the ref or VAR looked it up at all despite the Southampton players continuously asking for the PK to be called…

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
As i mentioned in other posts, VAR nowadays is being abused and used to give validity to blatant errors as they see fit, without even trying to hide it anymore…. then they justify it and how beneficial it is by showing examples where VAR was properly used and applied, but totally ignoring the multiple times it was/still is being used to serve the interests of some.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
VAR is not the problem. Human error and lack of consequences are. If the consequence of suspension for 10 games from a blatant error would be enforced the VAR and the on field referee would check plays with a magnifying glass.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
VAR is not the problem. Human error and lack of consequences are. If the consequence of suspension for 10 games from a blatant error would be enforced the VAR and the on field referee would check plays with a magnifying glass.
Yup, as a tool VAR is definitely useful and beneficial, but in the hands of the wrong refs it turns out to be an even better and more efficient way of manipulating games and to turn them upside down as they see fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as you said, if there would be more serious consequences that could perhaps make a difference, however the main problem is that the ones who dictate this things are the very ones who have the interest in manipulating certain decisions and outcomes.

Something must and should definitely be done about preventing this type of blatant errors that end up deciding the outcome of a game, maybe more AI as you said, maybe harsher consequences, either way i don’t see much of a change coming anytime soon i’m afraid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)