Premier League 2022-23 (96 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Winning the league is always going to be a difficult task for Conte or anyone else considering how City (and Liverpool) have been running riot over the past couple of years. However, there have been a few drop offs due to injuries and mental fatigue which has resulted in City's point tally finishing below 90 points. Haaland's arrival makes such a drop off very unlikely for this season and that is because he is such a consistent source of goals. Having such a player is exactly what City have lacked in those lower point tally years, due to Aguero's injury record.

England has the two best clubs playing in one league, just as Spain did during the Pep-Mourinho years. Pipping City and Liverpool is nearly an impossible task. If Conte can can win the title this season, with Spurs of all clubs, then it will undoubtedly be a great footballing achievement.

And when it comes to cup competitions, I understand Conte has a poor record. However, in England it has not been so poor as with other clubs. In Conte's two full seasons with Chelsea he made it to the FA Cup final in his first year and won the competition in his second year. Spurs are also desperate for a trophy like no other "big" club. Add that to the quality of team which Conte is building and I think we'll see them have something to show for their efforts by the end of the season.
It's worth adding that the FA Cup is now a distant fourth priority for the top PL clubs. Even mid table teams play fringe players in it. The League Cup is almost an irrelevant annoyance.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not wasted two points, Rodrigo got hella points for me in my fantasy team, "midfielder" scoring 3 goals in 2 games for me so far lol. Had a feeling he would take over this team after Raphinha left.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not wasted two points, Rodrigo got hella points for me in my fantasy team, "midfielder" scoring 3 goals in 2 games for me so far lol. Had a feeling he would take over this team after Raphinha left.
With Bamford injured possibly, Rodrigo will have to continue stepping up. Lots of good movement from those 4 attackers tho.

- - - Updated - - -

De Gea :lol:

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
They never fail to entertain, especially us the neutrals. :tup:

I see that the Ten Haag tactical masterclass starting well so far, lost at home against Brighton and now 2:0 down against Brendford with two pure comedy goals worth all the laughs. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)