Premier League 2022-23 (64 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Is there more pathetic team around than current Man Utd? I hate nothing more than those english kids, who are so highly praised but are literally nothing. How many of generational superstars they've supposedly had past 10 years? Wellbeck, Rashford, Lingard, Walcott, Wilshere and so on. Now there's Sancho playing for Utd and how much he was? 90m LOL. Then there's that little estrogen faced Bellingam on Dortmund waiting for his return to PL and fail miserably like all these mentioned above.

"Lads", OK lmao.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Until their owners appoint someone that realize that Trashford is Crystal Palace level, they are going to continue to wallow in mediocrity, which is great.
It says something when they're best player today was "has been" Eriksen.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Eriksen was good last year, hence why they bought him. But the rest of that midfield looks horrible, as expected. Bruno Fernandes doesn’t even seem the same. And then here you have a player in van der Beek who finally got some minutes after half a year. Maguire looked bad as always, but ten bag doesn’t have the balls to bench his ass, or Ronaldo. Poorly ran club and hope it continues forever.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
EPL is more open and you get more space but Kulusevski looks way fitter than he did for us, he does a lot of running now and plays pretty much every game. In CL we'll see if he's really improved tactically but for sure, he's much better utilised at Spurs. At least we'll get money for the sale.
In Parma, in the season before he joined Juve, he ran on average more than everyone else in serie A bar Brozovic. Then in Juve he wasn't even among the top 50 in the league. He was running around 2km less per 90 minutes, which is a shocking difference.
I'm not sure why. I don't think it was related to his fitness, but more with his position and his duties.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In Parma, in the season before he joined Juve, he ran on average more than everyone else in serie A bar Brozovic. Then in Juve he wasn't even among the top 50 in the league. He was running around 2km less per 90 minutes, which is a shocking difference.
I'm not sure why. I don't think it was related to his fitness, but more with his position and his duties.
Yup, he was held back by the coach’s system.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yup, he was held back by the coach’s system.
I'm talking about the Pirlo season, because I don't have last season's numbers since he left in January. But if we have the numbers, then those in his half season under Allegri might even be worse than under Pirlo, so yeah, it definitely had to do with the system.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Eriksen was good last year, hence why they bought him. But the rest of that midfield looks horrible, as expected. Bruno Fernandes doesn’t even seem the same. And then here you have a player in van der Beek who finally got some minutes after half a year. Maguire looked bad as always, but ten bag doesn’t have the balls to bench his ass, or Ronaldo. Poorly ran club and hope it continues forever.
Bruno Fernandes is nothing but a Portuguese brainfart on the field.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Until their owners appoint someone that realize that Trashford is Crystal Palace level, they are going to continue to wallow in mediocrity, which is great.
It says something when they're best player today was "has been" Eriksen.
Agree he cant finish, Ten Hag is unlucky Martial is injured, he is on fire all of their preseason

May 23, 2013
We clearly didn't find a way to get the team to play well as a unit last year. He was unfortunately a victim of that. As was De Ligt and others who we know are talented. It happens not the end of the world hopefully this year Allegri figures it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly even without Haaland City have been getting an insane number of points every season incredible consistency. I wouldn't be surprised if Conte breaks Spurs record points for a season but I doubt that'll be sufficient. Unless City falls apart on their own Spurs won't come close.

As for trophy droughts Conte is not really a cup coach.

I think he'll take Spurs to a new level but I don't think he'll win anything
Winning the league is always going to be a difficult task for Conte or anyone else considering how City (and Liverpool) have been running riot over the past couple of years. However, there have been a few drop offs due to injuries and mental fatigue which has resulted in City's point tally finishing below 90 points. Haaland's arrival makes such a drop off very unlikely for this season and that is because he is such a consistent source of goals. Having such a player is exactly what City have lacked in those lower point tally years, due to Aguero's injury record.

England has the two best clubs playing in one league, just as Spain did during the Pep-Mourinho years. Pipping City and Liverpool is nearly an impossible task. If Conte can can win the title this season, with Spurs of all clubs, then it will undoubtedly be a great footballing achievement.

And when it comes to cup competitions, I understand Conte has a poor record. However, in England it has not been so poor as with other clubs. In Conte's two full seasons with Chelsea he made it to the FA Cup final in his first year and won the competition in his second year. Spurs are also desperate for a trophy like no other "big" club. Add that to the quality of team which Conte is building and I think we'll see them have something to show for their efforts by the end of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)