Premier League 2021-22 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Pep ever since leaving golden generation Barca, has been winning what he had to win with the teams and budget available to him, nothing more. Didn't work a miracle neither with Bayern nor with City.
It's about time Pep gets some respect here.

Guy is about to win his 4th PL in 5 seasons. This is a league where every top team spends shitloads of money. Union have spent more money than them over the past few years yet they look nowhere near their level.

If we go by this logic, Allegri was doing the bare minimum with Juventus domestically while having by far the best team and the biggest budget in the league.

Idk it's just ridiculous to bash coaches for winning trophies with big budget teams. Ask any coach and they'll tell you that keeping that winning consistency is the hardest thing regardless of budget.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What do people make of the Ten Hag appointment?

I just see the clubs as being so different. No one will get the long leash OGS was afforded, I think he gets two seasons at most.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What do people make of the Ten Haag appointment?

I just see the clubs as being so different. No one will get the long leash OGS was afforded, I think he gets two seasons at most.
Unless he replaces a few players and gets a couple of new ones, he'll end up like Rangnick I guess. They need to get rid of the toxic environment.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
What do people make of the Ten Hag appointment?

I think its inevitable that at some point United will do better. They have the financial resources to be a dominant, 90 points per season team in EPL and a CL contender and now finally they have a competent transfer director in Ragnick and a competent coach, so its entirely possible they get back on track.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think its inevitable that at some point United will do better. They have the financial resources to be a dominant, 90 points per season team in EPL and a CL contender and now finally they have a competent transfer director in Ragnick and a competent coach, so its entirely possible they get back on track.
Problem is we've been saying this for nearly 10 years now and they're just buying and buying and going nowhere. Tbh they need someone like Conte at least in the short term.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Problem is we've been saying this for nearly 10 years now and they're just buying and buying and going nowhere. Tbh they need someone like Conte at least in the short term.
If Ragnick is the one deciding on transfers, I suspect in a couple of years it'll be very different from the past decade. If the idiots who've got it hilariously wrong time and time again are still giving input then sure, theres no reason to expect change.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Gary Neville said something interesting on the lines of every manager post Ferguson, gets pushed out by the players. It's always reports of dressing room issues, players wanting to leave, not liking training, not familiar with tactics etc. Mourinho and Van Gaal had huge experience but we're pushed out the same way, Mourinho even won them their last trophy. Its the problem of elevating the players above the manager more than the managers being bad. The Liverpool game showed how low the player standards are and how bad the attitude in that team. They need total revolution at every level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)