Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
:rofl: :sergio:

and they threw a tantrum on the super league

premfaces must be the worst, nothing and nobody compares
Of course, the super league would ruin football according to epl fan bois but its ok when a multi billionnaire buys your club, thats saving football somehow. Bunch of hypocrites. Hope the oil runs dry soon.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Another Arab owner :sergio: Is it true he's 10x more rich than City owner?

Either way, disgusting thing for football and another huge inflation in the market. Yay, spending 50mln on mediocrity :tup:
FFP is suspended as well. Probably going to be permanently banned in a year or two, now that one of the most disgusting regimes in the world have joined in on the act.

Mar 10, 2009
So another EPL teams gets bought out by a millionaire. Yawn, of course it was the Super League that destroyed football and not the EPL.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
FFP is suspended as well. Probably going to be permanently banned in a year or two, now that one of the most disgusting regimes in the world have joined in on the act.
It never applied to these corrupt scummy oil money clubs anyways.

Super League had its flaws, but hard to believe how many morons fell for the Brit’s and UEFA’s shit. It was a direct response to UEFA allowing PSG, Man City, ManU, and the PL in general to run roughshod over football finances for the past dozen years.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
yes they will. They still need viewers and they can’t afford to piss off the civilized countries that watch EPL.

City is all about the rainbow for example

- - - Updated - - -

if they buy Chiesa, idk what I’ll do
We need to bet on Italian players, preferably childhood Juve fans like Chiesa and Loca.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It never applied to these corrupt scummy oil money clubs anyways.

Super League had its flaws, but hard to believe how many morons fell for the Brit’s and UEFA’s shit. It was a direct response to UEFA allowing PSG, Man City, ManU, and the PL in general to run roughshod over football finances for the past dozen years.
only reason super league was a thing is cause European old guard fucked up. same reason oil barons don’t invest in Spain and Italy

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck The EPL, UEFA and the Arab Goat Fucker Billionaires.

I would love to see a death match with the people running the EPL, Ceferin, and all those Goat fuckers, Squid Game style. Only at the end of it all, the winner gets nothing, and loses everything.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Fuck The EPL, UEFA and the Arab Goat Fucker Billionaires.

I would love to see a death match with the people running the EPL, Ceferin, and all those Goat fuckers, Squid Game style. Only at the end of it all, the winner gets nothing, and loses everything.
not including the owners of super league royalty who allowed their teams to fall so far they needed to make up a bail out?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
only reason super league was a thing is cause European old guard fucked up. same reason oil barons don’t invest in Spain and Italy
And this is still irrelevant. Football finances were broken past the point of repair by how ManCity, PSG, and ManU spent over the past dozen years. They created an arms race no one could keep up with and UEFA allowed it. I went over it before, but there had never been anything close fo what PSG did with the Mbappe and Neymar transfers in the history of football. Especially without sales. Nor what ManCity, PSG, and ManU did in terms of a decade of expenditures and net spend. Even the galacticos era at Madrid wasn’t close. It was unprecedented. And has caused the downfall of Barca for trying to keep up to the point they are on the brink of financial ruin. With Madrid and others close behind, having to cut out basically all spending to stay solvent.

The oil barons invested in England because of the dominant market position of the English language. And the ability to pump unlimited cash. Sure, the old guard’s management and the governing bodies in england and Spain didn’t help matters. Nor did Covid. But the oil clubs flexing their financial muscle is what truly led us here.

Which is why a European Super League, closed, unclosed, whatever, is the only viable option. With transfer market caps, and a soft/hard salary cap. Simple as that. The past transfer window where EPL outspent all other leagues combined by multiples is just more evidence of this.

The EPL just had a decade of insane financial spending without any measure of on-pitch success until 2-3 years ago to show results for that spending. The big clubs just flushed money down the drain with zero consequence. Lol at acting like this was prudent or wise, and not just the result of having unparalleled resources and ability to outspend everyone until they eventually found success. Barca and Madrid spent less, won far far more, and still ended up at the edge of ruin. And you think this is a good thing? Lol

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don’t like massive spending of the oil clubs. Even so it’s been shown that it doesn’t equate to winning. However, the Super League is just as bad. All it does is ensure everyone in the club can spend outrageously. If you think the super league is an honest to goodness solution to the problems of modern football then…

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don’t like massive spending of the oil clubs. Even so it’s been shown that it doesn’t equate to winning. However, the Super League is just as bad. All it does is ensure everyone in the club can spend outrageously. If you think the super league is an honest to goodness solution to the problems of modern football then…
:tup:

I don’t disagree with this. But it has been shown that if you can keep outspending everyone long term, eventually that financial muscle shall be felt.

i didn’t say the proposed format was the solution though. I do think a multi-tiered European League with more transfer market regulation and salary caps is the way to go. Unless there is some sort of cross border revenue sharing/tv deal negotiation/salary cap which probably could never work with all the separate leagues. A mixed style of regulation/organization, with the better elements of current European football and the better elements of the professional North American sports leagues would do wonders for the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)