Premier League 2021-22 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
People watch this snoozefest lel
English football is really bad, I don't know why so many people buy into it.

They got drama and many competitive clubs, no doubt, but the overall quality of the football is no better than in Serie A or the Bundesliga.

I would actually say their technique and overall quality are worse.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

They got drama and many competitive clubs, no doubt, but the overall quality of the football is no better than in Serie A or the Bundesliga.

Are you serious? They both are very well functioning teams. The distance between either of them and this current Juve is huge.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Lukaku said the same, that the technical and tactical level of Serie A was higher than the Premier League (but that the intensity was much higher in the PL) when he rejoined Chelsea, and the media were apoplectic.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Yeah, overrated "attractive" football. Haven't watched a game since Dzeko left in 2015

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Yeah. Now it's just mediocre spectacle wise, but pre 2017 2018, it was wery good (again spactacle wise).
It was the atitudine of the teams with "no f's given", that made it that way.
Now with so much money involved it turned into a grind for results football even for the small teams, who in turn turned it to boring premier league.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yeah, overrated "attractive" football. Haven't watched a game since Dzeko left in 2015
Sadly people in Scandinavia loves English football.

The PL was better in the mid/late 00's than of today imo. United, Arsenal and Chelsea all had good and exciting teams back then, Liverpool probably as well.

Today not so much imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Now it's just mediocre spectacle wise, but pre 2017 2018, it was wery good (again spactacle wise).
It was the atitudine of the teams with "no f's given", that made it that way.
Now with so much money involved it turned into a grind for results football even for the small teams, who in turn turned it to boring premier league.
True.

But the PL propaganda machine are second to none the best, and English being a world language certainly also helps them.

Else I can't see what is so special about the league on that island.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sadly people in Scandinavia loves English football.

The PL was better in the mid/late 00's than of today imo. United, Arsenal and Chelsea all had good and exciting teams back then, Liverpool probably as well.

Today not so much imo.

- - - Updated - - -

True.

But the PL propaganda machine are second to none the best, and English being a world language certainly also helps them.

Else I can't see what is so special about the league on that island.
Mid 2000s to 2010 was actually great, they had 4 genuine top clubs, 3/4 regularly made it to the semifinals. 2009 what was maybe the best barcelona ever, Chelsea outplayed them badly. Todays teams couldnt even scratch the post 2015 MSN barcelona, let alone the 2009 one

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
They're good but still lacking something imo.

City are a good team but lacks a true number 9. Chelsea are still quite "meh" on paper to me, but Tuchel is overperforming with them
Dude this is a Juve forum. We lack an entire midfield and left flank and goalie and backup CBs and …

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005

I dislike English clubs as much as anyone, but their top tier is stronger than all the other leagues. There’s a reason more of their teams do better in Europe in the last few years compared to the other leagues, who mostly jusy have one or two teams carrying them. I think that does support the theory that the overall quality of the league is better.

Id say their mid table teams can likely do better than midtable Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga teams as wel in one on one games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wait Bruno Fernandes gets to take the penalties with Ronaldo on the pitch?
Probably for the last time though
His conversion rate over the past few years is like 12% higher and was something like 21 of 22 in his time at United so far. Probably has something to do with why he’s first choice. Of course that gonna change now with Ole at the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)