Premier League 2021-22 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Worst thing about his time here. We had one of the greatest FK takers currently in Pjanic, and Dybala who looked well on his way to becoming another of them… and Ronaldo takes pretty much every FK for three years. That alone cost us 5-6 goals a season easy.
The sad part is that shitty Ole managed to establish a primary penalty taker despite Ronaldo being the GOAT in penalties yet we couldn’t get Ronaldo to leave free kicks to others.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yeah I know that but I don’t recall Ronaldo missing a clutch penalty. He’s undoubtedly great in them.
2008 CL semifinal against Barca, 2008 CL final against Chelsea and 2012 CL semifinal against Bayern comes to mind - it's many years ago I'd give you that

In terms of pure conversion rate is there many better than him, but in the biggest moment does he seems to keep his cool the last 5-10 years

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
2008 CL semifinal against Barca, 2008 CL final against Chelsea and 2012 CL semifinal against Bayern comes to mind - it's many years ago I'd give you that

In terms of pure conversion rate is there many better than him, but in the biggest moment does he seems to keep his cool the last 5-10 years
Iran at the 2018 World Cup was a big penalty miss that could have easily been costly, got away with it in the end though.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

Everyone has the technique to score those penalties, yet you see terrible penalties time after time. It's all mental and when you're taking those pens when score being 4-0 to make it 5-0, it ain't nothing. You could almost laugh while taking it and even laugh if missing.

I wouldn't give too much weight on converstion rate. It's lazy way for current generation to see, who has the highest %. Stats are the best way to tell who's the best for the people who ain't watching the games. Like with tennis, even i wouldn't like to admit Djokovic being the GOAT, i'd take him playing for my life all those 4 Slams in year. In this situation, i'd definitely take Ronaldo to take the penalty if my life was on the life, regardless of the conversion rate. That's how i know, deep down inside that he's the best at taking them. I'v seen him nailing them couple inches of the goalpost so many crucial situations, where the whole world wants him to fail, but never really did.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Paratici isn't the problem here. Levy pretending to get Conte and Gatusso then getting Nuno followed by not cashing in on a now useless Kane, problem starts right from the top.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Following Bruno's hilarious statement, now the United pundits can do what they are best at. Dissing their team. What a circus :lol2:

[Neville on players apologizing after missing pens] It’s embarrassing! They need to sack their PR people , speak with some authenticity and get on with it . I’m going to go big on this in the next few weeks . They’ve all got these comms managers , that are creating personalities that don’t exist !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)