Premier League 2020-21 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Klopp's 'heavy metal' football starting to take a toll on his players. He's been playing more or less the same team for the past 2-3 seasons. Injuries, inconsistency and dip in form was expected.
His Dortmund crashed the same way after the highs of winning Bundesliga and reaching the CL final. Here at Pool he has better resources ofcourse so should be making top 4 atleast.
Yep.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Klopp's 'heavy metal' football starting to take a toll on his players. He's been playing more or less the same team for the past 2-3 seasons. Injuries, inconsistency and dip in form was expected.
His Dortmund crashed the same way after the highs of winning Bundesliga and reaching the CL final. Here at Pool he has better resources ofcourse so should be making top 4 atleast.
:agree:

No one is poaching his best players here, they make top signings each year, so there isn’t really any excuse for being this poor.

May 23, 2013
Yup and it's not necessarily a negative imo. In order to achieve what they have the past two seasons, Liverpool really did have to give 200% effort. I mean to hit 98 points and 100 points in back to back seasons while winning the CL is pretty remarkable. So a dip in form and physical condition like we are seeing to this was to be expected. Man City went through something similar last season. There just has to be a drop off after hitting the 95+ point mark in consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

- - - Updated - - -

The PL title race ended yesterday. City will win the league by quite a gap with United finishing second. The battle for third and fourth will be a juicy one. Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton, Spurs and maybe even West Ham (prob not) all within a shout.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Makes me feel like an ungrateful asshole for hating on Bonucci :D

- - - Updated - - -

Yup and it's not necessarily a negative imo. In order to achieve what they have the past two seasons, Liverpool really did have to give 200% effort. I mean to hit 98 points and 100 points in back to back seasons while winning the CL is pretty remarkable. So a dip in form and physical condition like we are seeing to this was to be expected. Man City went through something similar last season. There just has to be a drop off after hitting the 95+ point mark in consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

- - - Updated - - -

The PL title race ended yesterday. City will win the league by quite a gap with United finishing second. The battle for third and fourth will be a juicy one. Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton, Spurs and maybe even West Ham (prob not) all within a shout.
This shit cost us an EL title back in 2014 too; fuckin Conte :sergio:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
They look like they need new energy/new players in some positions. Salah should maybe be sold and Firmino should probably also be replaced with a real number 9, they're simply not dangerous enough without a real target man
They bought Thiago and Jota neither of which are bad players at all.

Also selling Salah would be really stupid. There is no one they can buy that wouldnt be a big downgrade he is the league's top scorer. Selling Mane would be a mistake too

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
They bought Thiago and Jota neither of which are bad players at all.

Also selling Salah would be really stupid. There is no one they can buy that wouldnt be a big downgrade he is the league's top scorer. Selling Mane would be a mistake too
Jota is nowhere near Liverpool level. Thiago is just a bad fit for them. Also, Salah’s numbers are massively propped up by penalties. He’s still an excellent player, but he’s had a disappointing season for sure.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:agree:

No one is poaching his best players here, they make top signings each year, so there isn’t really any excuse for being this poor.
it’s the difference between averaging 4 players unavailable and 8 players unavailable per game. Simple as that. With Fabinho and Henderson playing in defense we have no steel in the midfield. We’ve had important players miss loads of time. Not really rocket science here.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
it’s the difference between averaging 4 players unavailable and 8 players unavailable per game. Simple as that. With Fabinho and Henderson playing in defense we have no steel in the midfield. We’ve had important players miss loads of time. Not really rocket science here.
It's prem, you don't need steel to score goals. They've had the chances but miserably failed to finish. Them Burnley and Southampton defeats were the funniest, you guys had like close to 20 shots on target and still lose 1-0 to them.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's prem, you don't need steel to score goals. They've had the chances but miserably failed to finish. Them Burnley and Southampton defeats were the funniest, you guys had like close to 20 shots on target and still lose 1-0 to them.
Good one

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh, I agree... but here on the Tuz everyone blames the manager for every injury suffered by the players. See Allegri thread for reference. ;)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Oh, I agree... but here on the Tuz everyone blames the manager for every injury suffered by the players. See Allegri thread for reference. ;)
There is only one to blame for the situation they in, and it's Enron himself.

For not taking Rugani when he had the chance to.

Multiple chances in fact. Oh, how generous I was!

I kept offering and offering, but he wouldn't listen.

He wouldn't listen.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There is only one to blame for the situation they in, and it's Enron himself.

For not taking Rugani when he had the chance to.

Multiple chances in fact. Oh, how generous I was!

I kept offering and offering, but he wouldn't listen.

He wouldn't listen.
I hate myself every day. I’ll never again cast aside your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)