Premier League 2020-21 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pretty sure that if we played Southampton, we would have labored quite a bit and finally win with a deflected goal. We just don’t crush other teams. That’s ok, I guess.
As long as we continue winning.
At 3 or 4 we would usually take our foot off the gas. Shit, if we're 2-0 up at half time we just coast through the second half.

I think because in Italy teams like to manage blocks of games, and once the game is seen as over then the next game becomes more important. English teams often don't think like that. Solskjær played as a striker under SAF, where the goal was to attack for 90 mins and score as many goals as possible, batter teams into submission, because they saw goal difference as an extra point. Goal difference only comes secondary to H2H in Serie A, it rarely decides the scudetto.

I can't think of many games over the years where we've gone full throttle for 90 minutes and just kept trying to score. The Parma game is an obvious one because of the scoreline but there were other games we won by a lot and could have scored 6 or 7. To lose by 8 or 9 you need one team to play with intensity and the other team to kind of give up.

It happens less in Serie A in general as teams are happier to block the goal when they are suffering. Southampton had a man down for 90 minutes and two men for the end of the game but their defending was atrocious, they just gave up. Looked like a training game with players not even celebrating much - and that's another thing, this shitty Covid football has brought more of this level of play.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Wut. Isn’t that like the opposite of what one would want. Some no-name side bought by billionaires winning everything.
Not me.

Why would I want other great historic clubs to keep winning trophies, competing with us on a historic scale, while the Citys of the world can win 10 leagues in a row and still be far far behind us in number of overall trophies.

This is like preferring to lose the Scudetto to one of Milano trannies instead of one of the Roman clubs let's say. Non-sense.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
city will win title now. manu had a great chance to put big pressure today.

also liverpool have a very real chance of missing out on CL football. would be incredible if westham everton or chelsea beat them to that 4th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)