Premier League 2020-21 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Is the Palace defender in front of him made him onside?
Why did VAR take the line with Palace's defender behind Bamford?
This is very stupid decision
Bamford is pointing to where he wants the ball with his feet appearing to be well onside. However, his arm may have strayed marginally offside.

And, according to the reliable Dale Johnson from ESPN, Bamford was ruled offside because of it.

Johnson tweeted: “Patrick Bramford offside because of the change in the handball law. Because you can now pay the ball with the top part of your arm the outstretched arm played him offside. This was onside last season to the armpit.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
you and @Post Ironic mentioned that only the legs should count as offside.

my question then is what about headers?

say the striker's legs are level with the defenders, but his torso or head is offside position.

then what?
What @Post Ironic said.
Also you ran the risk of punishing natural growth.
It's not haland's fault that he is taller in relation to Ashley Cole who is smaller, when competing for the ball.
I know Ashley Cole is retired but I remember him being small, or Roberto Carlos.
Feet should also be counted because he who starts from behind has a disadvantage or equal chance if both feet are on the same line.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Bamford is pointing to where he wants the ball with his feet appearing to be well onside. However, his arm may have strayed marginally offside.

And, according to the reliable Dale Johnson from ESPN, Bamford was ruled offside because of it.

Johnson tweeted: “Patrick Bramford offside because of the change in the handball law. Because you can now pay the ball with the top part of your arm the outstretched arm played him offside. This was onside last season to the armpit.”
Damn, offside rules are inane. :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
OMG, you guys need to see Lookmans penalty for Fullham, its 96th minute, West Ham is leading 1-0, fullham need the vital 1 pt with the last kick of the match, and he did that :rofl:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
VAR is not like Hawk-eye for Tennis, theres too much subjectivity in the call and choosing when to review footage.

goal line technology should be used to call goals but VAR should be scrapped.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Is var the problem or the rule that says the arm is offside?
good point.

VAR is not like Hawk-eye for Tennis, theres too much subjectivity in the call and choosing when to review footage.

goal line technology should be used to call goals but VAR should be scrapped.
VAR has done a lot of good though.

even for us. without VAR we would not have won lots of matches last season.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

Screenshot_20201108-094855006_1.jpg

I'm curious why they dont draw the line with Palace defender who watch the assister. The one who use orange shoes. I saw both of his feet are in penalty box with his butt curving bacward. I thought even with Bamford's Upper arm pointing forward, He will be onside with this Palace defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)