PRE-SEASON : Juventus - Manchester United (1 Viewer)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
:frown: that is why i hate man utd ... i just found out the result and i still can't believe my eyes :fero:

my only consolation is that pavel scored,which thing, to be honest, i expected to happend. at least this means maybe that he came back to his form and he is ready for a new serie a

but why man utd ???!!! :fero:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
let's not be too disappointed from this game. it doesn't matter if it happens in a friendly match and it's always possible to be beaten 4-1. don't be so sad, and don't think we can't beat Man Utd because we can.
maybe it's a good thing that we lost. the important game is against Milan so if we'll win against them this doesn't mean anything.

FORZA JUVE!

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
let's not be too disappointed from this game. it doesn't matter if it happens in a friendly match and it's always possible to be beaten 4-1. don't be so sad, and don't think we can't beat Man Utd because we can.
maybe it's a good thing that we lost. the important game is against Milan so if we'll win against them this doesn't mean anything.

FORZA JUVE!

it's not dissapointing, it's just humiliating.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I can sense the disapointment and regret here in the forums, but let's just face it .. it was just a friendly match .. and here are some points:

* Man Utd started with their best possible formation whereas Lippi rested players like Legro, Zambro, Tacchi, Nedved, DP, Treze for the Italian SuperCup next Sunday against Milan, and Thuram wasn't available ..

* Man Utd players also looked fitter and healthier than our players, they started their pre-season earlier than we did ..

* Davids was the best player in the first half, he made his usual runs, dribbles, and perfect tackles ..

* Di Vaio had a frustrating night, he wasn't easy with the ball and missed some chances, but he tried his best out there ..

* Miccoli also had an off-game, he obviously tried but his shots were all weak, and easy for the GK .. Lippi tried him as a right winger in the second half but it seems he was too tired to be bothered ..

* Maresca played in the holding role .. he was very good that Man Utd couldn't penetrate us deep, and thus had to attack us from the flanks .. where Pessotto and Birindelli were vulnerable .. especially the latter who was somehow responsible for the last 3 goals !!

* Buffon had a good match, he played in the first half and only let in Giggs' goal from the well-struck free kick, he had nothing to do with it ..

* Tim Howard was easily MOM as he denied goals from Miccoli in the first half, and a header from Legro, and shots from Del Piero and Nedved ..

* In the second half (60th min) Lippi made wholesale changes and our team suudenly looked more lively, which lead to a wave of attacks lead by Nedved-DP, who combined well .. Nedved scored a goal but sadly got an injury in the last minutes of the game .. I don't know yet the extent of the it but hopefully not serious ...

* Chimenti had a forgetable night .. he let in 3 goals in the space of 45 minutes .. and his clumsy mistake could've lead to Man Utd's 5th goal had Forlan not missed the target when the goal was wide open in front of him ..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I can sense the disapointment and regret here in the forums, but let's just face it .. it was just a friendly match .. and here are some points:

* Man Utd started with their best possible formation whereas Lippi rested players like Legro, Zambro, Tacchi, Nedved, DP, Treze for the Italian SuperCup next Sunday against Milan, and Thuram wasn't available ..

* Man Utd players also looked fitter and healthier than our players, they started their pre-season earlier than we did ..

* Davids was the best player in the first half, he made his usual runs, dribbles, and perfect tackles ..

* Di Vaio had a frustrating night, he wasn't easy with the ball and missed some chances, but he tried his best out there ..

* Miccoli also had an off-game, he obviously tried but his shots were all weak, and easy for the GK .. Lippi tried him as a right winger in the second half but it seems he was too tired to be bothered ..

* Maresca played in the holding role .. he was very good that Man Utd couldn't penetrate us deep, and thus had to attack us from the flanks .. where Pessotto and Birindelli were vulnerable .. especially the latter who was somehow responsible for the last 3 goals !!

* Buffon had a good match, he played in the first half and only let in Giggs' goal from the well-struck free kick, he had nothing to do with it ..

* Tim Howard was easily MOM as he denied goals from Miccoli in the first half, and a header from Legro, and shots from Del Piero and Nedved ..

* In the second half (60th min) Lippi made wholesale changes and our team suudenly looked more lively, which lead to a wave of attacks lead by Nedved-DP, who combined well .. Nedved scored a goal but sadly got an injury in the last minutes of the game .. I don't know yet the extent of the it but hopefully not serious ...

* Chimenti had a forgetable night .. he let in 3 goals in the space of 45 minutes .. and his clumsy mistake could've lead to Man Utd's 5th goal had Forlan not missed the target when the goal was wide open in front of him ..
nice review :thumb:

but i think Pessotto was way worse than Birnidelli.
P. Nev. had al sorts of space at ManU's right flank because Pessotto didn't cover him well.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
it's not humiliating, i am too proud to care about some team that does not have how to equalize our success and fame in europe
i'm enraged, this is clearer now ? i wonder how those so untechnical players managed to beat us !!!

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Poor Juve, 1-0 or 2-0 were enough but 4-1. Shame.
I am really disapointed in people, specially in this forum, who belief that we don't need anyother, young, defenders. We have to buy Mexes and we have to buy Deco if we want to win something this season. My friends the era of DP is over we need a replacement.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
but i think Pessotto was way worse than Birnidelli.
P. Nev. had al sorts of space at ManU's right flank because Pessotto didn't cover him well.
Pesso wasn't on the field when Neddy was playing .. Zambro was :)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
after reading your review, i'm cooler now :) , thank you

first of all we have to take la supercoppa and have our revenge, so i kinda understand lippi's tactics :D

whatever, thuram is missing for a long time :scared: ? what happened to him ?

and davids good performances are probably to shut the whiners' mouths ;) :D

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
after reading your review, i'm cooler now :) , thank you
Your welcome :)

first of all we have to take la supercoppa and have our revenge, so i kinda understand lippi's tactics :D
I think we have a nice shot in winning because we are more prepared than Milan .. against Barca (0-2) they were very slow and predictable ..

whatever, thuram is missing for a long time :scared: ? what happened to him ?
Thuram has an extended break because he participated with France earlier in the Confed. Cup ..

and davids good performances are probably to shut the whiners' mouths ;) :D
Davids looks very relaxed and serene .. and says he might actually extend the contract with us because he is happy with everything here :cool:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Did you see Forlan's horrible miss :eek:

My grandma would've slotted it in with ease !!
i thought it was in!! when the ball passed butter-fingure-Chimenti, i started laughing and i closed my eyes. when i opened my eyes, i saw Forlan with the shirt over his head, so i thought that's how he celebrated :D (i thought to myself, what a wierd celebration, because he looked pi$$ed :D )

Then i saw the replay and died laughing :D

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003

Your welcome :)

I think we have a nice shot in winning because we are more prepared than Milan .. against Barca (0-2) they were very slow and predictable ..

Thuram has an extended break because he participated with France earlier in the Confed. Cup ..

Davids looks very relaxed and serene .. and says he might actually extend the contract with us because he is happy with everything here :cool:
thank god about davids :D

i hope thuram will recover as quick as possible, after all we need him in defence and as winger as well, he can stop very good inzaghi in the middle if he wants ;)

i know about milan's lost, and i am happy for barca, except that one scorer was ronaldinho and i can't stand the guy :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)