PRE-SEASON : Juventus - Manchester United (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
And that is a reason to excuse his behavior? :rolleyes:
Thank you yes! I was about to ask that very same question!
Actions like that make me sick. Sure I know duels are being fought out on the pitch and pay-back is all around but you do not kick a guy when he's already down. You just don't.

Stuart - I never said he's a bad player. ;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Thank you yes! I was about to ask that very same question!

Stuart - I never said he's a bad player. Just actions like that make me sick. Sure I know duels are being fought out on the pitch and pay-back is all around but you do not kick a guy when he's already down. You just don't.
:eek: Keano did that? That's not like him. Trust me, I've watched the guy play regularly for years. Did the Juve player (who was it?) do anything to annoy Keane? Dive? Bad tackle earlier (not necessarily on Keane)?

I'm not looking for an excuse Erik - if he kicked someone on the ground, then there's no excuse, but I'm just saying that it's not like him to do that unless he has a personal dislike of the guy.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I'm not looking for an excuse Erik - if he kicked someone on the ground, then there's no excuse, but I'm just saying that it's not like him to do that unless he has a personal dislike of the guy.
Ok, so who isn't on his blacklist? :D

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

:eek: Keano did that? That's not like him. Trust me, I've watched the guy play regularly for years. Did the Juve player (who was it?) do anything to annoy Keane? Dive? Bad tackle earlier (not necessarily on Keane)?

yeah it'd definetly like him. I know that you know him as a player better than me but the way he injured halaand only proves that he is psycho. I hate him!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
yeah it'd definetly like him. I know that you know him as a player better than me but the way he injured halaand only proves that he is psycho. I hate him!
The Haaland thing only backs me up. It does kind of suggest that Keane is somewhat psychpathic though. Do you know the full story of the Haaland incident? Why Keane did it?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Some of you really make me die!!

All this cr4ap about keane.... what bullshit!!

It was a nothing tackle, He sli8d under him and did in no way kick him afterwards.
Its jus another example of peoples hatred towards certain players thgat they have to make up such shit.
Its a physical game and that was a very lowkey foul.

Turn the tv on and listen to neddys own comments on the incident.... to which he had no complaints whatsoever.

The worst offender last night was maresca who was fouling keane all over the park... but no you dont mention that!

Please be objective and truthful

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
...It was a nothing tackle, He sli8d under him and did in no way kick him afterwards...

...The worst offender last night was maresca who was fouling keane all over the park...

...Please be objective and truthful...
:( Martin, did you lie to me to further your own pro-Juve agenda? ;)

Objectivity and truthfulness... both desirable, one impossible, the other unlikely. :down: We're all pathological liers

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
:( Martin, did you lie to me to further your own pro-Juve agenda? ;)
About what? I didn't make any statements, I just insinuated he's a horrible player, which is quite in line with my agenda, whether it's true or not. :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
About what? I didn't make any statements, I just insinuated he's a horrible player, which is quite in line with my agenda, whether it's true or not. :D
Like Davids is any better. :D

I can't remember exactly, but didn't Celebrity Deathmatch have an Edgar Davids who ran through a truck when he got worked up? Or was that just a Nike ad made by the same guys? Details, details...

Anyway, this could quickly degenerate into a slagging match. Iulia would be pleased. ;)

Didn't you have a big fit about off-topic posting recently? :nervous:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #453

Who'd he kick Martin? And why? I really don't understand it.
    He fouled Neddy and of course he didn't believe that it was a bad tackle so he got frustrated when the ref awarded the free kick to Juve and he hit Pavel. Tacchi saw this and gave Keano a push and Keane started threatening Tacchi and the ref had to come and break things up.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #454
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

The worst offender last night was maresca who was fouling keane all over the park... but no you dont mention that!

Please be objective and truthful
    Keane fouled Maresca and then Enzo got him back, there was nothing more to it.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    Thanks, Fantasista ;)

That's right Glen ... you should be disagreeing even if its just for the sake of it :D

For as long as its a back 4, the attacking wingback is essential. We keep focusing on the right LB but what if Thuram's crocked? No doubt Zambro can slot straight into RB as well (maybe even surpassing his performance as LB) but we're essentially still one guy short. I can actually envisage Thuram gradually switching into the centre as soon as next season, in coincidence with decisions on the future of Pessotto and Birindelli. Current market conditions favour an immediate move than fire-fighting a year from now.

I remain sceptical as to the 4-2-3-1 actually becoming our main system for the coming season (at least not substantially over the 4-3-1-2 and 4-4-2) Zambro's importance thus, is pretty clear. On the player himself, is it just me or has Zambro modelled his wingplay style to that of Candela's? The way he drags, glides and slaloms his way past his man along the flank with a slightly arched posture on the run reminds me of the Frenchman. The contrast in style is interesting - DP gets past with immaculate balance and timing, Davids with explosive acceleration and trickery, Nedved with acute turns and Iuliano by simply running into his man :D

Miccoli's speed value is within 5-10 yds and he will find that the 2nd season in topflight football won't be quite as easy as the 1st. I think he'll be a very regular sub at best and thus have limited impact on the 4-2-3-1.

Another note on 2 of the new acquisitions : Maresca and Appiah are very able 2-footed players (yep, tackling included) and strike the ball very well from range. Its one of Nedved's greatest assets (the way he let fly on DP's cutback and also his goal) so that's 3 players who now present a direct threat anywhere in the 20-25 yd range! Think of it in terms of defences being drawn out and space afforded ...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Like Davids is any better. :D

I can't remember exactly, but didn't Celebrity Deathmatch have an Edgar Davids who ran through a truck when he got worked up? Or was that just a Nike ad made by the same guys? Details, details...

Anyway, this could quickly degenerate into a slagging match. Iulia would be pleased. ;)
    Is this by chance a patriotic situation for you? If so, I'd better stop.. :D

I don't have a problem with Robbie Keane though.. ;):D

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
    That's right Glen ... you should be disagreeing even if its just for the sake of it :D
    We all have our agenda's ;). Busted :D .

++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++Miccoli's speed value is within 5-10 yds and he will find that the 2nd season in topflight football won't be quite as easy as the 1st. I think he'll be a very regular sub at best and thus have limited impact on the 4-2-3-1.
    Well... there's always something isn't there? We loan him out because first season will be a tough one in A. Then he comes back after having burned everyone from Nesta downwards, and it will be very tough again, but now possibly more because people know him :) ?
    Ok- I know what you mean, but I do think Miccoli is one of those guys who'll profit from a few more weeks of grinding pre season fitness training to take a pound or two off him. He did look a little above his usual stocky frame. Granted though- he is not a 100 meter dasher, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's all about acceleration at all.

I won't judge anyone as of yet, or make sweeping statements (on other players than Maresca who I've always propably hailed a bit too much :)) before we actually get going with the campionato.

As far as transfers are concerned- I just don't think we'll be seing any unless we get pre-season injuries. Lippi has not lost any important players, but has gotten Miccoli, Maresca, Legrottaglie and Appiah. Considering our accomplishements last season- I don't think we can realistically expect more to be honest.

Always game for a positive surprise of course, and as you see I'm not saying I wouldn't like that X fine signing that could be made, but I just don't really believe we'll see it, nor do I think it's really necessary looking at our competitors. Afterall- Real Madrid has nothing behind Carlos/Sagado and that says alot no?

Ciao.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

He fouled Neddy and of course he didn't believe that it was a bad tackle so he got frustrated when the ref awarded the free kick to Juve and he hit Pavel. Tacchi saw this and gave Keano a push and Keane started threatening Tacchi and the ref had to come and break things up.
    Will you please watch it again and stop lying.
    Its amazing how the slo mo running in front of me at this very time shows completely different things to what you say.

You can clearly see, Keane comes across the box , places a nothing sliding tackle which takes the ball from neddy's feet and neddy goes over the top of keanes legs.

When keane stops sliding he is some 3 feet from neddy and jumps up he in know way kicks him or does anything untoward.

From tacchis angle it looks bad and he reacts... but there was nothing in it.

If you watch it its even debatable whether it was a foul. Keane came away with ball at his feet, his only foot contact was with the ball

Also if you watch as neddy goes up as keane slides under him he is grasping his outer knee which was not touched.... suggesting more a twist than a contact injury.

And as i said earlier.... neddy himself in a post match interview said there was nothing in the challenge.

Please stop seeing your dislike for the player and watch the replay.

Please someone post a vid of this incident.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Keane fouled Maresca and then Enzo got him back, there was nothing more to it.
    Sorry but your wrong.

In the first hour or so maresca fouled keane on 5 occasions, only being fouled once in return.

Keane gave him some verbal but it was maresca who was fouling

Watch the game again please

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I really dont care about Keane, he is not important at all.

I want to know is Nedved is ok.

someone knows?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)