PRE-SEASON : Juventus - Manchester United (8 Viewers)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Hello meeeeeeow......:embarass: opps i mean Ale's cat :D

i think there's a better discussion going on in this thread ---->

Champions World Series: Juventus-Manchester United

check it out :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ale's Cat ] ++
That will be a relief...

I had a heart attack when I read the news too...

All the fans in the chat room were going like "kill the bastard (keane) " "fxxk him" "shoot him"....absolute rage!!:D

So did Tacchi really hit keane??
no he did not actually..

well, about Nedved.. i wasnt really sure about his injury :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
This was a great game. Honestly, even though we lost badly, i think this game was a very good game, for us and lippi so see how juve is doing. And seriously, we are doing very well. When our subs came on at the hour mark it got VERY exciting.

Lets analyse the team by position:

Attack/Offensive Midfield: Our attack was doing ok with the subsitutes in the begining of the game. But at the hour mark, when Trez, Del, and Nedved came on to join Miccoli, it became a sensational attack. The best attacking formation for Juve (and the one we used towards the end) is the following:

----------------Trez-------------
Del Piero---Nedved---Miccoli

It worked out great. Miccoli was doing well picking up long balls, Nedved was battling all over the place, and was in a good position to take his long distance bullet shots, and Del Piero had enough space to roam around in and make plays and take shots. And Trez, I think today, did very well. He missed a couple of chances, but his old form is comming back. Our attack is great. Finally, we have found a working formation. And we still have Di Viao and Camoranesi as very good subs, as they have proved lately. But Camo, still needs to work on his abilities. The talent is there, but he must just find it, with a little help of lippi. In addition, we can also bring Zambrotta, into the midfield, and replace him with biri, or pessoto, and that would work out great.

Defensive Midfield: I think our midfield has been doing very well keeping possession and getting balls. One player that stood out today was Maresca. Him and Davids did very well. Our midfield is loaded with talent. Not only do we have the usually Tachi, and Davids for our DM, but we also have Maresca and Appiah, who are excellent players and replacements. Technically, for big games our midfield should be:

----Davids----Tachi----

But you can easily switch either with Appiah or Maresca and it would work out fine.

Defense: I think, currently, our defense is our weakest link, and it could cause some head aches for Juve this new season. However, we must remind ourselves, that Thuram hasnt been playing any of the friendlies, and he is a big part of Juves defense. WIth the return of Thuram, i think our defense will be organized and more solid. Also, now we have two good sets of central defenders. We have Legrotagglie, Iuliano, Ferrara, and Montero, all great defenders. For LB and RB, we have Thuram and Zamboy, the first choice. and Pesseto, and Biri, great subs.

Our typical Defense should be:

--Thuram--Ferrara--Legro--Zamboy or
--Thuram--Iuliano--Montero--Zamboy

I prefer to link up Ferrara and Montero seperately since Legro and Iuliano are fast, and you need one fast defender, and a defender that can read the game well, and has a lot of experience as Ferrara and Montero have.

So overall, our typical line-up, techincally should be:

------------------Trez-------------
Del Piero------Nedved------Miccoli
-----------Davids-------Tachi--------
--Thuram--Ferrara--Legro--Zamboy
Buffon

Honestly, Buffon should never be subbed, unless he has sustained an injury. I understand Chimentis let in goals were defensive problems not only his, but he isnt that great. Important players that i have left are: Tudor, Zala, becaue they havent played yet.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
nedved was on the floor for a while, so it didn't look good, but he limped off the field by himself so it can't be too bad.

i hope he plays vs. Milan. it's a shame for him to miss two games vs. Milan! :groan: :down:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Persian Mafia, i really do like your team.

our attack and midfield is simply brilliant in my opinion. it can really rival any other in europe and whats more important is that we have good back ups all over the midfield and forward line. with the exception of a natural back up for trez of course. but nonetheless, if Di Vaio can find form, i dont think we have any problems at all.

Our defence is going to be a liability. Thuram and Zambrotta are great, as are Tudor and Legrottaglie, but Montero and Ferrara are lacking pace and give too much room to the forwards. And whats worse is that because they lack pace, especially Montero, free kicks are often given away too much.

I remember the days when Montero and Iuliano/ferrara were our solid central defenders. they would rarely give away free kicks and it always looked like they had things under control. Those days are gone now.

i think we should have Tudor and Legrottaglie in the centre of defence. I know that Tudor isnt fast, but he makes up for it in his strength and when played in that position, he is one of the best going around. he has proven this already under Ancelotti and at the end of last season. Legrottaglie i think is better than Montero and Ferrara. Sure he might not have the experience, but at least he is at the top of his game unlike Montero and Ferrara who both seem to be lacking a lot.

Players such as Iuliano in my opinion are of no use to us anymore. i admit, that he can be a good sub, but he rarely is used anymore and i'd personally like to see a young player coming in for him. Mexes comes to mind there.

And i'm worried about back ups for thuram and zambrotta. birindelli still worries me. he had a good season but you never know which birindelli is going to show up. he is either good, or he is plain hopeless. Pessotto's age and last years injuries always worry me. he is a very good player but can he be fully relied on in terms of being fit and healthy if he is needed?

this is why i was upset over not getting Grygera who could take on both roles.

i think Moggi must buy Mexes and Heinze. it gives good cover overall.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
OK.....now im more calmed that some hours ago.

I Took some conclutions.

Yeah, thiking about it,. the game was very exciting, because, like i already said, we showed in the second half that we were not defeated (im specially about nedved, becaus the guy entered to the pitch with fire inside).

Appiah was very good too, he made wonderfull shot, that i was already screaming the goal, when the man utd GK stopped the ball.

There were a lot of goal opportunities in the second half, when nedved and cia entered, but sadly, the GK and the defebders did very well.

In the other hand, i saw lots of time how our defence was beat one and another by the Man UTD guys.

That Solkjaer goal was horrid, because all the guys were seeing Forlan, and the one that was closest to him (i think was Birindelli) was looking at forlan too, when solkjaer was all alone in the other side just waiting the pass. That was just an example.

OK, it was a friendly match, but anyways, we are the proudly champions of Italy, and we shouldnt let teams to smash us like that, even in a friendly.

We jave to work more on passes, because we were without aim, and the england guys were very very good at that.

ja_vier

Jul 17, 2003
stop telling me our squad was already strong!!! if it is juve wont have to lose to man u almost every game!! i hate man u and i hate even more to see my team lose to them and with such a score line!

we need more creativity in midfield! nedved alone definitely is not enough! i strongly thinks we need another attacking mid to play along side him. if he is injured or suspended, how? we are going to draw and lose every game is it? we need another good back up. none of the players in our squad can take his place!

Plus we need better wingers! no left wing and our right wing isnt that impressive for the time being! midfield with appiah, davids and tacchi is good enough. no complains in the defence yet but it will be good to get a left back who can play center as well!

so the conclusion is we need an attacking mid, winger (preferably left), and a left back!

why is juve always behind in transfer market? show that we are a european giant team!! Sometimes i wish they are like real madrid :( who get well establish players

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I didn`t watch the game yet (Rai will show it delayed tonight at 9pm)....and there are far too many pages on here to read them all, so can anyone tell us how each player played etc?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
to be honest, i think you are over-reacting here.

1. this is our 2nd pre-season match against a a good team.

2. we still are not fully fit and its the 3rd or so game that our new players have played for us.

3. Man utd are fully fit and ready for next season and played their first team against our seconds.

In theory, its not our attack or midfield that really needs to be looked at. Our defence isnt strong anymore. we have zambrotta and thuram who are good and so is tudor and legrottaglie. BUT Ferrara and Montero are not the players they were a few years ago. they lack pace and look like liabilities.

Moggi must buy at least two younger defenders, one for centre back and another who can be back up for left back. Mexes and Heinze must be waiting for Moggi's call IMO!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i agree that we need a left winger (and left back so Zambrtta can play in the right side of midfield).

getting an attacking mid isn't that important. Maresca, Miccoli can cover for Neddy when needed. we have a nice midfield this season.

i think we need a new defender, because i wasn't too happy with how the defense is going along. Also Chimenti really really sucked. maybe we should give Mirante a try in the Bira Moretti.

BTW, i hope we never become like Real Madrid in the transfer Market :yuck: they suck and they are stupid. they're players are bought solely for marketing puposes. if they were smart, they would buy at least 2 central defenders.

i think Barca had the best transfer campaign.
they bought Rustu, Marquez, Ronaldinho, and the impressive Quaresma. all they need is another attacker.

Also, i think juve had a pretty efficient and smart transfer season. please dont forget that juve never play well in the preseason. it's because we try new formations and the results dont matter now. juve are always motivated when the going gets tough and when it matters.
we just need to gain match fitness and the new players need time to adapt.
you saw how Appiah played well but didn't coordinate well with his team mates when they didnt have the ball.
Also Legro seems confident but he's not used to the team. that's why there are so many spaces.

so take it easy, and dont worry. ManU had weeks of preparation before us. We just got back from vacation less than two weeks ago. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)