Praying to god for Juve (1 Viewer)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
again

people have a right to religion, i am cool with that, but why people do it is what i have been trying to understand in all my religious debates
like i said... religion isn't pure worship. Its a way of life. Its the teaching of core values that are really the pillars of society. If I wasn't at least brought up with a religious back ground then perhaps I wouldn't have never been taught these values or I would learn them when it was too late.
Its also a good tradition to keep... it brings a sense of community that things like swingers parties just don't :angel:

... although i am partial to the odd swap of sexual partners from time to time :tup:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Martin im sorry.

But you think too much:D
Instead of just simply accepting?

yes, but he loves you
:juventus: perfectly put

It does seem unfair and unjust.

Christ died for man's sins, this does not diminish the ancestral sin.

No, I love the other comparison, god is a child with a magnifying glass tormenting the ants.

You reason that god's divine power surely must have been sufficient to create a a world free from sins. This is true, this was god's intention. You make it seem like it's god that is torturing man on purpose, this is not the case.

God did not create the devil. Lucifer was an angel of god that rejected the certain amount of power given to him by god and wanted to be above god. The iniquity found in Lucifer was not created by god but rather created by Lucifer himself.

Why didn't god just destroy Satan?
Because sin had entered the world, and into the very nature of man through Adams transgression, then for God to destroy Satan, he would also have had to destroy the man he loved. .
No he can do anything, that means destroy lucifer and sin in man. he can do everything right?

WHAT A STORY!

Couldn't God have known ahead of time that Satan would rebel? Yes, He could have - but, maybe, He chose not to. Almighty God can do, or not do, absolutely anything that He wishes.

Why did God allow choice? Well, using human marriage as an analogy, would you want to be married, forever, to someone who had absolutely no choice in the matter? Or, would you want to be married to someone who personally chose to spend their life with you?

The angels were not created like mindless machines. Biblical accounts of them show that they are individuals with powers of reason. Good angels are capable of patience, joy, compassion, curiosity, and sometimes anger.

God did not force the angels to obey Him. God did not force us humans to obey him; he knows that many of his creation will deny his existence which is precisely why he gave us all free will.
Thats the only cop out eh? When something good happens its " gods will" and something terrible its " he moves in mysterious ways ".

Not to mention, god knew long before my birth if im destined for hell or heaven- making his experiment ultimately pointless.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
again

people have a right to religion, i am cool with that, but why people do it is what i have been trying to understand in all my religious debates
Why? Because since before man discovered fire, existential questions he could not answer needed answering. So primitive societies all over the world developed sets of religious beliefs. The fascinating thing is how innate it's been. It's like life in the universe: harder to suppress than it is to create.

Thats the only cop out eh? When something good happens its " gods will" and something terrible its " he moves in mysterious ways ".

Not to mention, god knew long before my birth if im destined for hell or heaven- making his experiment ultimately pointless.
Satan is an invention of more modern humanity -- you can't find anything like it even in the roots of Christianity. Sort of like the belief that Catholic priests have to be celibate.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Why? Because since before man discovered fire, existential questions he could not answer needed answering. So primitive societies all over the world developed sets of religious beliefs. The fascinating thing is how innate it's been. It's like life in the universe: harder to suppress than it is to create.

Satan is an invention of more modern humanity -- you can't find anything like it even in the roots of Christianity. Sort of like the belief that Catholic priests have to be celibate.
Or invented by freaky lizard aliens

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Reptilian_Agenda

Jan 7, 2004

and yet, all they needed was good music :cool:

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
No he can do anything, that means destroy lucifer and sin in man. he can do everything right?

WHAT A STORY!

Again, all atheists have the exact same argument. If god is omnicient then why does he create us, he already knows if we are going to heaven or hell. so what is the point of living?

Well, by your logic, god will simply create random humans and instantly send them to either heaven or hell. Thus, we will have no famillies, no memories, no experiences, no fammiliarization with our own being; no love for god, no happiness; nothing. We will merely be things in the form of humans facing either
punishment in hell or eternal life in heaven. Life is not only about going to heaven or hell. It's a lot more than that. Perhaps it's not so that god can learn about us but for us to learn about god. We need life to learn about ourselves, develop, understand, love and hate etc..

Yes, he can destroy the sin in man, but sin has become part of man. If he is to destroy sin, then he is to destroy man as well.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Again, all atheists have the exact same argument. If god is omnicient then why does he create us, he already knows if we are going to heaven or hell. so what is the point of living?

Well, by your logic, god will simply create random humans and instantly send them to either heaven or hell. Thus, we will have no famillies, no memories, no experiences, no fammiliarization with our own being; no love for god, no happiness; nothing. We will merely be things in the form of humans facing either
punishment in hell or eternal life in heaven. Life is not only about going to heaven or hell. It's a lot more than that. Perhaps it's not so that god can learn about us but for us to learn about god. We need life to learn about ourselves, develop, understand, love and hate etc..

Yes, he can destroy the sin in man, but sin has become part of man. If he is to destroy sin, then he is to destroy man as well.
I agree, living is great, but viewing things your way, its pointless. I mean if god knows everything etc etc, theres no gain for him. Theres only point for us- the experience, the ride. but still why? or cant we understand his ways?

God knows whether we are going to learn about him or not... and he could destroy sin. He can do anything, he can destroy sin without destroying man. or he isnt god. :p

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
It is said that humans are greedy and selfish, and generally noone would argue with that. But what a perfect case study.

Let's go over the facts, shall we? Two teams are out there on the pitch. Two sets of fans are sitting on the couch at home. There is only one winner. If my team wins, that automatically means the rival fans are on the losing side.

And so I pray to god. Please, god, make my team win, help them win. Give them the strength they need and the will to do it. I will be so grateful if you do. This means so much to me.

Imagine that you're a parent and you have two kids. They are playing chess. One kid whispers in your ear. "Please mom/dad, help me win this game. Do something to help me, and you can do it so that my brother won't know it was you." What do you say to this? Most parents I know would say "look son, I can't do that, it would be unfair to your brother. I love you both and I can't take sides. I can help you, but not at his expense."

Praying for your team to win is unethical. You want god to help make you happy and make someone else unhappy in the process. How can you possibly justify such selfishness and greed?
According to what i have learned about God i dont think that he hears theese kind of prayers, i realy dont!!

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I agree, living is great, but viewing things your way, its pointless. I mean if god knows everything etc etc, theres no gain for him. Theres only point for us- the experience, the ride. but still why? or cant we understand his ways?

God knows whether we are going to learn about him or not... and he could destroy sin. He can do anything, he can destroy sin without destroying man. or he isnt god. :p
Guys there are some things that us humans are not supposed to understand, there are some things that we have to accept with faith!!..........My point is-lets not question God because after all who are we to judge God????

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
in all seriousness, why the heck are preists not allowed to have baby making fun? and i thought i had it bad fasting for a month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)