Praying to god for Juve (1 Viewer)

Nov 1, 2008
With respect, mr. metro, that sounds utterly idiotic. This is an open forum, there are no rules for intellectual honesty anyone has to play by. The fact that someone should use this as dirt to prevent someone else to get into an institution where such formal rules do exist is sickening.
That wasn't my point. I was simply illustrating, in response to a previous and related sentiment, how the academic community views plagiarism. The comment was in no way intended as a threat or warning or any kind.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
You should especially give credit when you take from a wordpress blog, becuase when someone sharp like *aca* catches you being intellectually dishonest and links back to the source, worpress lets you know.

Chalmer, VP
Metro State Atheists
I won't give credit when I take something from a wordpress blog. Are you going to tell on me?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
atheism is just one big assumption. Its really just a hate or disliking of religion. Full of sweeping statements like "religion starts all wars and is a leading cause of death in the world" just indicate how naive atheism is. They should realise they're just as bad as the people they're against... religious extremism and anti religious extremism are the same thing and just as bad as each other.
I'm Roman Catholic, I believe in God, I don't take the whole Bible literally and i have no problem with pre-marital sex. So when a dumbass atheist tries to tell me how stupid i am for believing is a non existent higher power i tell them to fuck off. Atheists are very selective.

Religion isn't just worship, its a way of conducting your life accordingly, the core values of Christianity and many other religions are ones of forgiveness, reconciliation, giving back and honesty. All completely positive. The Bible never tells anyone to go kill in the name of Jesus. The Koran apparently isn't so different from the bible either.
Those arseholes who kill innocent people in the name of Allah or Mohamed aren't pushed by religion. They're pushed by evil minded master minds like osama binladen who in truth, is having his revenge on the west for having mistreated Afghanistan during the soviet era. He has to justify it through religion in order to gather a following, if he told these young Islamic boys the truth can we honestly say they would follow unconditionally? Religion has been used as a persuasive tool by many people. On a smaller scale, Scientology uses it to scam rich people. So atheists need to stop blaming religion for everything and start blaming the arseholes that are misusing it to fulfill their ploys.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
funny...just after i wrote that post i watched the movie "charlie wilsons war" and it explained in detail what went on with Afghanistan mid to late 1980s and the real cause for September 11 really. Thats some damn hectic dialogue

Jan 7, 2004
yes sir

live - most important, meaning enjoy life here on earth, make the most of it, have some fun

let live - please allow others that are not disturbing you "live" (see above)

if you do not, we got no place for your in our society so go and die, which is opposite of "live" (see above)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #119
    He's too crude for me. He's a good thinker and he's influenced a lot of comedians, but I wish he wasn't so obsessed with bodily functions. (Well, that goes for humanity in general.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)