• Netherlands

• Italy

• Romania

• France

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Why not? Isn't that the intuitive thing to do?
There is apoint to do so,but i just don't believe that Van basten will.
I'm pretty sure that no matter what squad he'll play,they all will fight for the win,yeah maybe care less,but i'm sure Van basten won't be going to the match with "let's lose this one" approach...

Besides,after they already smashed both Italy and France,i think they do not fear them or something,even IF they will meet again...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Those who want Holland to win say that just because they hate France.
tbh there would be no problem if italy had taken care of their own game, a win today would have put them firmly in the driving seat for qualification.
i stil think a dutch win was the best thing for italy, i seriously doubt holland will want to lose momentum with a sloppy performance so i expect them to still want to win the game against romania

winner takes all between france and italy and tbh though italy have been disjointed france just do not look like a team

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
tbh there would be no problem if italy had taken care of their own game, a win today would have put them firmly in the driving seat for qualification.
i stil think a dutch win was the best thing for italy, i seriously doubt holland will want to lose momentum with a sloppy performance so i expect them to still want to win the game against romania

winner takes all between france and italy and tbh though italy have been disjointed france just do not look like a team
they actually did, only they didnt get the memo they had to take care of the refs as well

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
they actually did, only they didnt get the memo they had to take care of the refs as well
no excuse at all imo italy really should have pressed romania and put the game to bed, no disrespect intended they are a well drilled unit but apart from mutu they offer very little going forward. the game was there for the taking

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Italy only has themselves to blame. They have under performed and have only brought it on themselves, i'm dissapointed. :sad:

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
no excuse at all imo italy really should have pressed romania and put the game to bed, no disrespect intended they are a well drilled unit but apart from mutu they offer very little going forward. the game was there for the taking
yeh but when yuh have a bone head like toni leading the line what u expect? this game was crying out for pippo.

Also I believe DP's poor performance was due to the way italy playin using wingers to provide crosses. Can't seriosuly expect DP to succeed there. Look at how he plays for us. yes we have a big target man in trez but you dont see our defenders lumping the ball up to him.....DP need ball into feet. not feeding offscraps from shit like toni.

i swear toni is this generation's christian vieri!!!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
why would a team vying to win the tournament intentionally lose only to elminate a potential adversary they can only meet in the final?
Holland would definitely want to play Romania again in the later stages than playing with Italy or France. If Holland won over these two it doesn't guarantee the win the next time again. They would prefer facing Mutu and the Nicolaes than facing Toni + Cassano + Del Pie on their good day or Henry + Ribery + Benzema and the rest on their best day.

Plus they will rest their players for the next match without caring for the result, which makes them intentionally not care the result and lose it. No one cares about ethics here I guess, and no one wants to face the best team out there, that's just cheap talks, everyone wants to win the cup badly, and would/should do anything to make that possible.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Take it from a true Azzurri fan.
no excuses can't blame the refs for poor performances, they haven't cut it at all. Lack of sharpness and desire, the ability and potential to do well is there, the players just haven't turned up

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
to say we are renowned for defending, it was the worst aspect of our game today.
If we made the effort to close down and tackle things could have been different.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
So they would meet an easier team in the final.

you only had to ask me to get an explanation, now according to you and results Romania is AT LEAST on par with france/italy, moreover if said team were to make beyond group stages(with or without help) and all the way to the final would make anything but the weaker team thus contradicting your statement (think greece 2004 here)

Holland would definitely want to play Romania again in the later stages than playing with Italy or France. If Holland won over these two it doesn't guarantee the win the next time again. They would prefer facing Mutu and the Nicolaes than facing Toni + Cassano + Del Pie on their good day or Henry + Ribery + Benzema and the rest on their best day.

Plus they will rest their players for the next match without caring for the result, which makes them intentionally not care the result and lose it. No one cares about ethics here I guess, and no one wants to face the best team out there, that's just cheap talks, everyone wants to win the cup badly, and would/should do anything to make that possible.
not to engage in ad hominem arguments, but i can tell from that statement you have never played competitive sports, a team would pedigree who makes it all the way to the final could care less who they face if anything they d want the stronger team only to make their victory sweeter. It has nohing to do with ethics but rather confidence. As for the second part that has no bearing on intention, either you intend to lose or you dont, resting your players would definitely put that team at a disadvantage but that is far from equating a will to lose.

As a conclusion, my speculation is obviously as good as yours and the dutch will let us know on tuesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)