Group C

• Netherlands

• Italy

• Romania

• France

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
@ Senor

Van Baasten will probably play his subs since his team has nothing to play for. His subs will probably try their best in order to earn a place in the starting 11. No team plays to lose, it's not in the nature of football. Imagine the thousands of Dutch fans going to support their team to victory after two sublime performances against the best two teams in the world only to be greatly dissappointed by the team for just throwing the game away to Romania. Playing for your country includes playing for honour, pride, and dignity and the Dutch will definitely try their best to win.

That was me being pure hearted.

Here's the truth.

Van Baasten has a chance to get rid of two potentially dangerous threats to him later on in the tournament. Surely, despite their hazardous form, the French and Italians remain a greater potential threat to the Dutch than the Romanians. Let's be realistic here, the world champions and world runners up are going through a rough patch right now but if they manage to regain their form somehow, you would not want to face them. This is football, it's not the movie "Braveheart". Pride isn't prioritized here, winning is. The Dutch would not want to make their lives difficult in the future. Italy and France are in bad form but that doesn't mean they lack the quality to beat the Dutch.

Greece is a one-time wonder and it pisses me off when people use them as an example all the time. Things like that happen(Greece being champions), gte over it, you don't have to milk it and say a small team will win every major competition because Greece did.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 14, 2003
The Dutch have earned the right to field whatever team benefits them now or later on in the tournament. It was very enjoyable watching them beat those French fuckers :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well you sir are pure when it comes to the world of sports then. A virgin perhaps.
as much a virgin as you an expert

@ Senor

Van Baasten will probably play his subs since his team has nothing to play for. His subs will probably try their best in order to earn a place in the starting 11. No team plays to lose, it's not in the nature of football. Imagine the thousands of Dutch fans going to support their team to victory after two sublime performances against the best two teams in the world only to be greatly dissappointed by the team for just throwing the game away to Romania. Playing for your country includes playing for honour, pride, and dignity and the Dutch will definitely try their best to win.

That was me being pure hearted.

Here's the truth.

Van Baasten has a chance to get rid of two potentially dangerous threats to him later on in the tournament. Surely, despite their hazardous form, the French and Italians remain a greater potential threat to the Dutch than the Romanians. Let's be realistic here, the world champions and world runners up are going through a rough patch right now but if they manage to regain their form somehow, you would not want to face them. This is football, it's not the movie "Braveheart". Pride isn't prioritized here, winning is. The Dutch would not want to make their lives difficult in the future. Italy and France are in bad form but that doesn't mean they lack the quality to beat the Dutch.

Greece is a one-time wonder and it pisses me off when people use them as an example all the time. Things like that happen(Greece being champions), gte over it, you don't have to milk it and say a small team will win every major competition because Greece did.
Greece demonstrated the fact that the team perceived as "small" went on to win the EURO. Regardless of what you thought, objectively they were the european champs. Like i said this speculation ought to be silenced on tuesday, patiently waiting.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Italy Qualify If…

Group C is set for a fascinating and dramatic final pair of group games. Here are all the qualification scenarios explained.

Holland 6pts
Romania 2pts
Italy 1pt
France 1pt

Holland are already qualified as group winners , having obtained six points from their first two games.

If Romania beat Holland they will join them in the knockouts in second place.

If Romania draw or lose, the winner from the Italy-France clash will progress. France have no chance of qualifying unless they win.

If Romania lose, and Italy-France ends in a score draw, Italy will go through on a three way head-to-head because they will have scored more goals in the matches involving Romania and France.

If Romania lose by 1-0, 2-0 or by a three goal margin other than 3-0, and the Italy-France game finishes 0-0, then Romania will qualify ahead of Italy due to a better goal difference.

If Romania lose by a four goal margin or bigger, and Italy-France finishes 0-0, Italy will progress due to a better goal difference.

If Romania lose 3-0, and Italy draw 0-0, the two teams will have an identical goal difference, but the Azzurri will go through as they have a better UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying co-efficient.

Anthony Sormani

Goal.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Italy Qualify If…

Holland 6pts
Romania 2pts
Italy 1pt
France 1pt

If Romania lose, and Italy-France ends in a score draw, Italy will go through on a three way head-to-head because they will have scored more goals in the matches involving Romania and France.

Anthony Sormani

Goal.com
Romania France 0-0
Italy Romania 1-1
France Italy 0-0

Romania would have the same number of goals as Italy.Is it me,or is the above statement wrong?

Jun 13, 2007
Romania France 0-0
Italy Romania 1-1
France Italy 0-0

Romania would have the same number of goals as Italy.Is it me,or is the above statement wrong?
Romania would go through in this situation given that they don't lose by more than three goals against France.

If it ends 1-1 between Italy and France, Italy would go through.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Because the referee in the game against Holland was Swedish and the referee in the game against Romania is Norwegian.

Oh, who am I talking countries to?
I know that but I don't know what that has to do with what happened 4 years ago. None of us Azzurri fans said anything about Scandinavians this time. Oh and did you watch my video?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)