Player Wages Thread (12 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
Sweet, so there's room for Willian? :tuttsport:
There is room IMO for a player on higher wages especially after getting Can,Perin,Mandzukic off the books and saving a bit with the tax law.probably 15-20 a year saved just off salary plus a fee for Perin and Can. That being said our board already factored some if not all of that in im sure. Id love to see Peredes and maybe erikson come in. But also you have to remember we just approved 300 million for sporting investments as well

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Beppe extending Khedira’s contract (with a raise, no less) is one of the most moronic moves I have ever seen from any sports director.

Ed Woodward level

Tr1baL

Feb 17, 2016
everyone has a khedira fetish, allegri,sarri,beppe all juventus directors probably There can be no other description why he's starter for years

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Beppe extending Khedira’s contract (with a raise, no less) is one of the most moronic moves I have ever seen from any sports director.

Ed Woodward level
wasn't it to avoid taking a loss on the books via amortization?

Moving pieces around to beat FFP

You know as in something we are constantly doing and something Paratici has done numerous times as well.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
no no. you don't understand. average no body tuzzer knows more about lub opreations thanks to FM than CEO of Italy's biggest club and man responsible for Juve's recent domination of world football.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
wasn't it to avoid taking a loss on the books via amortization?

Moving pieces around to beat FFP

You know as in something we are constantly doing and something Paratici has done numerous times as well.
He's gonna be the next player to terminate his contract and leave for free.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
no no. you don't understand. average no body tuzzer knows more about lub opreations thanks to FM than CEO of Italy's biggest club and man responsible for Juve's recent domination of world football.
Except in this case it's not true or valid scenario. Also it would made more sense if we lowered his wage with new contract, like we wanted to do with Higuain to financially improve his book value in the summer (before eventual sale that never happened). But that didnt happen, and wouldn't need to, because as another poster said, Khedira came free transfer and is book value isnt a burden that way (like a 94m signing).

So truly, its beyond a bewildering mystery why Khedira, a midfielder who is considered a questionable choice for future seasons, to be renewed and get 6m salary. It doesnt make sense, financially, sporting wise, nor time wise because his contract wasnt about to expire.

So truly, I like to hear a valid reason why it was done. I remember at the time journalists were confused and were asking in articles and Twitter's why was this done.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Except in this case it's not true or valid scenario. Also it would made more sense if we lowered his wage with new contract, like we wanted to do with Higuain to financially improve his book value in the summer (before eventual sale that never happened). But that didnt happen, and wouldn't need to, because as another poster said, Khedira came free transfer and is book value isnt a burden that way (like a 94m signing).

So truly, its beyond a bewildering mystery why Khedira, a midfielder who is considered a questionable choice for future seasons, to be renewed and get 6m salary. It doesnt make sense, financially, sporting wise, nor time wise because his contract wasnt about to expire.

So truly, I like to hear a valid reason why it was done. I remember at the time journalists were confused and were asking in articles and Twitter's why was this done.
Is it really a mystery?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Is it really a mystery?
Why was it renewed? Because he deserved a raise and new contract despite their being several years left on his contract?

I know its said often, but this coming summer is the time he finally leaves most likely. Expect a mini rejuvenation for the midfield, and a starter to be added. Will make it crowded for him and Mautidi (who's contact expires in summer).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)