Photography (20 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
18-55 @2.8, 25 sec, iso something around 1600, i should check. i was going home around midnight, just thought i'd stop for a quick shot, and stayed for an hour swearing about wind, focus and shit. light painting done with phone, so professional :snoop: bottom left corner is a nearby village behind the hill, light pollution is real. this kind of shot really requires some planning.

post one of yours!
Bare with me as i run through old sd cards, looking for a specific one. For tripods, i have two from Rollei and both are steady. The small traveller one or what it's called is owned by at least 3 people i know. It's about 60,- iirc.

Meanwhile found this one @DUKAC
DSCF3523-01-01-01-02.jpeg

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This the one i was looking for @s4tch. Was the longest single exposure i did so far with like 13 minutes. Sucks I only found the edited JPG. Wasn't as good with editing as I am now, so would have liked the RAW. But oh well, I still like it.

The red lighting you see, was me standing there with a led light for 20 seconds at each spot. Inbetween, i was running up and down the pitch black castle ruins lol. There is no light up there whatsoever.

Kinda wanna re-do the shot now. Already checked the weather forecast, should be fine for Wednesday night.
25-01.jpeg

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How's your photography going? @Dostoevsky
Hey!

It's doing fine. Not that I'm not happy about it but it's just that it's a rough period for me to find much time to invest to go out and shoot. Not only because of my job but I also go out for a swim whenever I get the chance despite this being a quite shit summer tbh.

I did some portraits but not much outside of it. Also, I'm really happy how much I learned to handle manual shooting (I always shoot with it). So a learning curve went really high up ever since I bought the camera.

Can't say I'm some kind of an expert but I'm already feeling a missed opportunity because I feel limited with my camera. Kinda greedy but I wish I had a better one even at this point.

Attachments

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Nice pictures my man :tup:
Loving the colours and the hipster curve on the last one @s4tch

And hell yeah, manual is a blessing. You simply learn so much faster.

Don't bother so much with the gear. Take this fucked up Corona year simply as learning period and go all in next year.

Btw...imagine how the tattoos are gonna look on her a few years down the line :snoop:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Amazing photos, Dusan!
Is the model your girlfriend?
Thanks!

No, thankfully, she is not. She's hands down the most fucked up person I ever met real life. She's batshit insane. I-n-s-a-n-e. I don't do relationships. I'm the guy for one night stands and a person who loves friends with benefits.

Nice pictures my man :tup:
Loving the colours and the hipster curve on the last one @s4tch

And hell yeah, manual is a blessing. You simply learn so much faster.

Don't bother so much with the gear. Take this fucked up Corona year simply as learning period and go all in next year.

Btw...imagine how the tattoos are gonna look on her a few years down the line :snoop:

I know but I just wish I had a full frame. At the very least only that difference. But it's just so much easier with the eyes focus lol.

lol well imo there's literally no way tattoos are gonna look good when she's older. She has some on her legs too, tits and one butt cheek. She told me if she could go back in time she would've stayed clean. She regrets doing 'em.

Btw can you recommend me some tripod? Something decent but not expensive. I'd like it with a rotating head (if that's the term), so I can take the portraits as well.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

I know but I just wish I had a full frame. At the very least only that difference.

Btw can you recommend me some tripod? Something decent but not expensive. I'd like it with a rotating head (if that's the term), so I can take the portraits as well.
No need for full frame. I know It's all the shit now, but really not all that. APSC is perfectly fine. I had a Sony A7 II and "stepped down" to Fuji - and you could never tell the difference in terms of quality. Lenses are FAR more important.

Cheapo but good tripods are all over the place on Amazon. K & F concept, Rollei, Esddi, Neewer - You are fine as long as you don't buy those absolute dirt cheap entry level ones with the cheapo plastic head. They flimsy as fuck. Maybe just look around and link us before you buy if you are unsure.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No need for full frame. I know It's all the shit now, but really not all that. APSC is perfectly fine. I had a Sony A7 II and "stepped down" to Fuji - and you could never tell the difference in terms of quality. Lenses are FAR more important.

Cheapo but good tripods are all over the place on Amazon. K & F concept, Rollei, Esddi, Neewer - You are fine as long as you don't buy those absolute dirt cheap entry level ones with the cheapo plastic head. They flimsy as fuck. Maybe just look around and link us before you buy if you are unsure.
50mm on a crop isn't even 50mm. I also have hard time (sometimes) focusing the eyes while high end product make sure that part is easy as hell.

I'll try to look around. I saw some without the head lol so I was wondering...

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
50mm on a crop isn't even 50mm. I also have hard time (sometimes) focusing the eyes while high end product make sure that part is easy as hell.

I'll try to look around. I saw some without the head lol so I was wondering...
This doesn't have to do with APSC or full frame though - It's just the entry level body. After all they gotta cut costs at one point to make it that cheap. Btw i know it's too late now, but focus peaking and EVF on mirrorless cameras makes it so much easier to compose a picture.

If you want 50mm fullframe look on APSC, there is a simple fix: Use a 35mm.

OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #215
    i also love aps-c. size, quality, affordability, it all adds up. just bought a 2nd body for fun, a cheapo, miniature x-m1. i miss some settings, the electronic shutter and the evf, but overall it's a lot of fun with the small 35mm f2. dai's neewer/meike 28mm could be perfect on it.

263431_1.jpg

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    i also love aps-c. size, quality, affordability, it all adds up. just bought a 2nd body for fun, a cheapo, miniature x-m1. i miss some settings, the electronic shutter and the evf, but overall it's a lot of fun with the small 35mm f2. dai's neewer/meike 28mm could be perfect on it.

263431_1.jpg
    Nice :heart:

And indeed...

...YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GET THE NEEWER/7ARTISANS 25 1.8 FOR IT! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)