Photography (8 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Friend donated me a follow focus for my rig :heart:

Prolly a bit on the cheaper side, but who am i to complain, didn't even plan on buying one in the first place. It Looks pretty much like new. He's using a wireless Tilta one now.

Will post a pic when it's all assembled.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
IMG_20200607_132508-01-01-01.jpeg

To give you an idea :p
Ignore the paracord handstrap for stills and the Canon 50, just put it in there real quick to take the pic.

- - - Updated - - -

The left handle is lower cause i can nicely grab the follow focus (which i forgot to put on ffs :sergio:) from there.

Last edited:
OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #185
    IMG_20200607_132508-01-01-01.jpeg

To give you an idea :p
    Ignore the paracord handstrap for stills and the Canon 50, just put it in there real quick to take the pic.

- - - Updated - - -

The left handle is lower cause i can nicely grab the follow focus (which i forgot to put on ffs :sergio:) from there.
    this looks awesome, i bet it handles great. will you use an external recorder too? i'm not into video at all, but i read that it removes the 10min limit.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    this looks awesome, i bet it handles great. will you use an external recorder too? i'm not into video at all, but i read that it removes the 10min limit.
    Neither am i lol. It should be 15 minutes iirc. Anyway, not a problem (for now). Just tryina see if this is for me or not. Can't see myself even hitting 15 tbh, i mean how long do you film one scene? Depends on what you wanna do i guess, but since i don't wanna do blogs or longer vids that shouldn't be a problem. What i wanna do is to pair a short video clip up with my portrait shots for instagram Bimbos. As bundle if you so want. The fact that i despise them doesn't mean i can't make some extra money from it :snoop:

Just sucks so much that all the funfairs are called off because of Corona. Would have loved try it out and shoot both vid and portraits. They are always awesome with all the crazy lighs. Impossible to not get good shots there.

It handles great, but i gotta get used to putting it in and out of the cage a little quicker. Looks amateur as fuck currently.

Apr 17, 2013
    Paris from the Sky, it's mesmerizing

La place de l'Etoile :
    EaT75bHWkAEvbOf?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Les invalides
    EaT7-H7XYAAurvc?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Le Trocadero
    EaT8F-PXsAAmbnX?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

The eiffel Tower
    EaT8LmaXQAYEIXG?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Luxembourg Gardens
    EaT8XjvWoAAew3Q?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Place des Vosges
    EaT8dwFWsAAgdvI?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

La Madeleine
    EaT8lD3XkAA8s2x?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Le grand et petit palais
    EaT9ELkWoAEcoJk?format=png&name=900x900.png

La place de la Bastille
    EaUA0h7XgAEDzcS?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

The Tuielleries gardens
    EaT80fTX0AAKVSs?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

The Opera
    EaT85j5XgAIQ_2P?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #198
    my first night shot:

_DSF5026.jpg

wind was a bitch, i need a much stronger stand and plenty of practice in light painting. focus is a pain in the ass to nail too. i still like it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Nice. Done with your new Fuji lens?
    Foreground lit by Moon or Car/Led's?

Yeah, doing them night shots only now and then, I too find the editing a pain in the ass.

Ideally you'd just take 2 exposures and blend them together in post (cheating :snoop:)...But then I go out and the lazy fuck that i am, i'm like: "feck it, i'll do it in post." :baus:

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #200
    18-55 @2.8, 25 sec, iso something around 1600, i should check. i was going home around midnight, just thought i'd stop for a quick shot, and stayed for an hour swearing about wind, focus and shit. light painting done with phone, so professional :snoop: bottom left corner is a nearby village behind the hill, light pollution is real. this kind of shot really requires some planning.

post one of yours!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)