Pessotto Rushed To Hospital!!! Pessotto out of danger (1 Viewer)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
OH MY GOD... please keep this thread updated....
How is he know??? Is he better???
I read the topic header and my heart started beating so fast..

Forza Pessotto.. Get well soon .. We all love you.. You are a legend..

FVCK you media.. You are trying to put dirt even to decent people liek Gianluca..

All wishes and hearts to him and to his beloved family in such difficult times.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i cudnt beleive it wen i read it, i thought it was a wind up, and broke down in tears. its just so unlike him! i mean he looks so prosperous, i cudnt imagine him doing anything like this.

pessotto is probably one of the most honest men in football, up with the likes of maldini, my theory is that the mafia have had an imput with this, all this stuff about having a row with his wife, i cant imagine cud possibly lead to a suicidal jump. but we wont know anything for sure till he releases a statement

anyways all my heart goes to him and those close to him now, and wish him a swift recovery

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
ZAF3000 said:
OH MY GOD... please keep this thread updated....
How is he know??? Is he better???
I don't know how much you already know.

He's stable and not in life danger. He had to get another surgery tonight and (as far as I know) it went fine.
Tomorrow he'll go through a third one (for something minor as foot and leg) and they'll check if the fall has damaged his spine, although it seems not: he could move his legs when he arrived at the hospital (he was conscious and complaining for how much it hurt) and they did a quick check up on it, tommorow they'll do an accurate one.
For now he's in a drug induced coma (not to make him feel the pain) and the next official statement by the doctors will be at 10 am (Italian time).

As for how it happened, the police seem to think it was a suicide attemp. It seems that Gianluca (or Pessottino, like they call him in the locker room) was depressed and they say he even had a doctor appointment for this today.
According to Repubblica (as you already wrote) he had a rosary in his hands (quite a contradiction, if you ask me), but according to the police he hasn't left any note.
But who knows how much of this is true. After all at 3pm every journalist was *sure* he had jumped beacuse he was doping-ill (no, it's not a bad translation, it's what they actually said). Of course we later discovered that it absolutely wasn't the case (not that it took a genius: would a sick person continue to train or play games? Would he have been given a manager position in such a delicate time if he was sick?). Then we heard it was because his wife wanted to leave him, but she denied it and said her husband was worried about his new job. But would a man decide to kill himself when he could simply quit? Or not accept it at all? :confused:

Anyway, I feel it's not important why or how, just that it could have been much worse. I thank whoever is up there, because the fact that he's making it (not to mention that he was still conscious after a 15m fall), is some kind of a miracle.

This afternoon, after I heard, I felt like I couldn't breathe, but it still hasn't sinked in that it was *Pessotto*, you know? I mean it's not like you can expect someone to do anything like this, but Luca?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
isha00 said:
Anyway, I feel it's not important why or how, just that it could have been much worse. I thank whoever is up there, because the fact that he's making it (not to mention that he was still conscious after a 15m fall), is some kind of a miracle.
Indeed. I just hope Gianluca has a quick and successful recovery, and if Pessotto is not well enough to continue with his position at Juventus he will still have all my respect. He may not be able to live on with a role for Juventus, but he will always live on within the confines of Juventini hearts.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
isha00 said:

He's stable and not in life danger. He had to get another surgery tonight and (as far as I know) it went fine.
Tomorrow he'll go through a third one (for something minor as foot and leg) and they'll check if the fall has damaged his spine, although it seems not: he could move his legs when he arrived at the hospital (he was conscious and complaining for how much it hurt) and they did a quick check up on it, tommorow they'll do an accurate one.
For now he's in a drug induced coma (not to make him feel the pain) and the next official statement by the doctors will be at 10 am (Italian time).

As for how it happened, the police seem to think it was a suicide attemp. It seems that Gianluca (or Pessottino, like they call him in the locker room) was depressed and they say he even had a doctor appointment for this today.
According to Repubblica (as you already wrote) he had a rosary in his hands (quite a contradiction, if you ask me), but according to the police he hasn't left any note.
But who knows how much of this is true. After all at 3pm every journalist was *sure* he had jumped beacuse he was doping-ill (no, it's not a bad translation, it's what they actually said). Of course we later discovered that it absolutely wasn't the case (not that it took a genius: would a sick person continue to train or play games? Would he have been given a manager position in such a delicate time if he was sick?). Then we heard it was because his wife wanted to leave him, but she denied it and said her husband was worried about his new job. But would a man decide to kill himself when he could simply quit? Or not accept it at all? :confused:

This afternoon, after I heard, I felt like I couldn't breathe, but it still hasn't sinked in that it was *Pessotto*, you know? I mean it's not like you can expect someone to do anything like this, but Luca?

Thank you for providing logical, easy to follow news.

I can't stand trying to piece together 600 different articles in a thread, posts like this are what we need more of. :cool:

Get well Gianluca :scared:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Like everyone here, im shocked about the news....
Today after the French game, i checked chanel4 and saw that DP and the others were heading to italy because of this.

I dont want to believe those theories of suicide. I know that Juventus is in a delicate situation and maybe the pressure inside the club is too much, who knows what is going on there anyways........... but like someone said, if it was too much for him,he could have quitted and everyone would understand it.

What i want to think is that it was an accident, who knows maybe he felt dizzy for some seconds while he was in the balcony/window and accidentally fell (supposedly he is taking a threadment for a illness he have right?).

But above all , we all want Pessotino to recover quickly! He was an excellent player and proffesional!

The best of wishes for Pessoto!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
When I first heard the news and circumstances, I thought the worst...

I hope Luca gets better very soon...he is a quality man who will give Juve his best off the pitch, just as he did on the pitch.

God bless and a speedy recovery

Forza Gianluca !!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Since I am in a virtual Juventuz blackout during WC match days (I'm at work when the games are on, so I manage to see them in suspense when I get home), I actually caught this terrible news this morning through the Juventus Federation on Hattrick.

Forza Il Professore! We need you, man! :heart:

My best wishes for a speedy recovery all around for an exemplary juventino... and person.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Tedi Issajanian said:
Ci sono grandi giocatori e giocatori grandi.
Gianluca Pessotto fa parte di quest'ultima categoria. Anche per noi di Antijuve.com. Forza Gianluca...
Shows how much respect he had from everyone in Italy... Moratti also gave him support :touched:

isha00 said:
he was conscious and complaining for how much it hurt
:strong: Be strong Gianluca. I hope he'll realise how many people are behind him.

By the way, it's confirmed his spine is not hurt; Good thing Bettega parked his car there!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
19nejc91 said:
It looks quite high, I think its a miracle that he survives. He could get handicaped for the whole life, I hope he wont. He is one of real juventinos, the team needs him!
Seeing the building I don't believe it was a suicide attempt.

Sure, people who are depressed could act quite irrationally, but this really doesn't make sense. If you are going to kill yourself you don't jump off a building that's 15 metres high, but off one that's 100 metres high. You also don't do it at the place you work, chances you'll be rescued are just way too high and that's what you don't want. The cry for help theory also doesn't add up, because Pessotto wouldn't need to go through so much pain before he would get some assistance.

I wouldn't be as fast as some of you to simply put away murder theories as they make a hell of a lot more sense than a suicide attempt. You see, if someone had to prevent Gianluca from talking or anything, he wouldn't even need to kill him. I'm sure this would be more than enough to scare him. That the police claim it looks like suicide doesn't really prove anything to me. It could look like suicide and be murder, it could be that the police aren't telling everything. The fact Pessotto was seeing a doctor also doesn't necessarily mean he wanted to commit suicide. And last but not least think about the timing. Does a man who wants to quit living accept a job such as being team manager? I don't think so. And that job being one of the motives for him to jump? Simply ridiculous, I don't buy that crap. The one thing that makes me feel it could be a suicide attempt is that Pessotto went to the Azzurri training camp a couple of days back.. it could have been his way to say goodbye. Still that doesn't sound very realistical, because if it was, I'm sure he would have prepared things better.

And not that I think the maffia are all over Italy, but would it really be the first time?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Investigation must be done.

I also saw the building on TV, I mean it was a high building, he might have decided to do that in a diffecult moment for him, in such moments you would not start to think about how high the building is, no? and in torino there are not many high buildings.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
isha00 said:

Thank you very much.... you are the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)