Pessotto Rushed To Hospital!!! Pessotto out of danger (12 Viewers)

TrumanS

May 12, 2006
The very best of wishes from Milan to Gianluca - one of the most respected professionals Juve's ever been blessed with.

I don't think it's anyone's place to either judge or speculate. All he needs now is the support of the club and you guys, which I'm sure you'll give.

Forza Gianluca

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
There were some nice articles around, but I decided to post a poem written by Gianluca.

Inseguire un pallone
è come inseguire gli obiettivi della vita,
ognitanto lo puoi raggiungere,
ognitanto ti può sfuggire.

Affrontare un avversario
è come affrontare le difficoltà quotidiane,
a volte ti supera,
a volte riesci a bloccarlo,
sapendo che non devi mai smettere di correre.
Vedere il pallone gonfiare la rete,
è come sentire il proprio cuore
riempirsi di gioia.

Grazie calcio,
per avermi insegnato
a vivere giocando.

Gianluca Pessotto

Chasing a ball
Is like chasing the goals of life
Sometimes you can reach them
Sometimes it happens that you miss them

Facing an opponent
Is like facing everyday's difficulties
Sometimes he passes you
Sometimes you are able to stop him
Knowing that you can never stop running.
Seeing the ball swelling the goal,
Is like feeling your heart
bursting of happyness.

Thanks football,
for having taught me
to live playing.

OP
Gep

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #185
    Pessotto has a BIG heart, he'll get through this ok im sure of that. My prays go out to him and his family for a speedy recovery. Now get Better real soon cos your new Juve are raring to kick ass!

Forza Gianluca!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    World Cup stars stand by Pessotto
    Wednesday 28 June, 2006
    Alex Del Piero and Gigi Buffon lead a chorus of prayers for Gianluca Pessotto, as affection for the troubled Juve man also comes from France and Ukraine.

“Forza Pesso!” reads the message on Del Piero’s personal website today with a large photograph of the recently retired Juventus defender. “You have always been an example for me. We all need you and I’m waiting for your return.”

Bianconeri captain Del Piero, Gianluca Zambrotta and assistant manager Ciro Ferrara flew in to Turin in a private plane last night to see their beloved teammate, who is in hospital fighting for his life after an apparent suicide attempt in which he fell 15 metres on to parked cars from the roof of the Juventus headquarters.

Medical staff confirmed he nearly died on the operating table last night and that the situation remains critical. “Pessotto’s progress is normal, considering the extent of the trauma,” explained Ottavio Davini at 5pm UK time. “We can talk of stabilisation and a slight improvement, but I repeat that we cannot give him the all-clear before 72 hours have passed from the incident and complications can still arise.”

Pessotto, who retired this summer to become Juve’s new Team Manager and was suffering from depression, sustained multiple fractures to his pelvis, vertebrae and coccyx.

“To talk about football at a time like this is difficult, almost impossible,” noted Buffon on his blog. “My thoughts go to my companion in so many battles and good friend Luca Pessotto, as well as his wife Reana and their children. Zambrotta and Del Piero went to visit and brought back comforting news for us here in Germany, as we were anxiously awaiting developments. Luca will win the most difficult match of his career and his life. He’s a fighter and a moment of weakness cannot cancel the temperance of a man so strong in his principles.”

The atmosphere in the Azzurri camp in Duisburg is solemn and shocked ahead of Friday’s quarter-final with the Ukraine. “We’ll play our next game for him. It won’t be easy to get over this shock, but it’s another reason to get a great result and dedicate it to him. Everyone loved him in this sport, teammates and opponents, so perhaps this little gesture can in the long run help him to get back on his feet.”

Messages of support have come from all over the World Cup fraternity. “So many people love Pessotto because he is a wonderful man. We all feel very close to his family and to the Azzurri,” noted Ukrainian Andriy Shevchenko.

“I am truly sorry to hear what has happened. I, Lilian Thuram and David Trezeguet have him in our thoughts. We hope everything can turn out alright for him and his family so that he can soon come back to us,” said Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira.

“I was very touched by this event, because Gianluca is a good man and I always got on well with him when we were at Juve,” added Thuram.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Man, I still can't get over the fact this does not look like suicide. It just doesn't add up. And whereas a suicide attempt is awful for his environment, it's at least what he would have wanted. To me this looks more like attempted murder though or an unlucky incident. Which is far worse than suicide.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think suggesting a murder attempt, particularly when the guy's life was really never in danger, is a bit much (either that, or the attempted murderers are truly incompetent, leaving the guy in a state as to be a ready and capable witness).

We don't know what was going on behind the scenes in Pessotto's private life. All I know is that I'm proud of how the Italian NT has rallied behind this incident.

Pessotto's health and welfare come first. But I also hope the team can rally behind him and win won for Il Professore. ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    swag said:
    I think suggesting a murder attempt, particularly when the guy's life was really never in danger, is a bit much (either that, or the attempted murderers are truly incompetent, leaving the guy in a state as to be a ready and capable witness).

We don't know what was going on behind the scenes in Pessotto's private life. All I know is that I'm proud of how the Italian NT has rallied behind this incident.

Pessotto's health and welfare come first. But I also hope the team can rally behind him and win won for Il Professore. ;)
    Thing is he wouldn't need to be dead per sé. I mean, if this didn't scare him enough, then what would? Would you honestly go to the police after witnessing what they were capable of? It seems a hell of a lot more likely than suicide. NO ONE jumps from 15 metres, you KNOW you could survive that fall and then you're truly in HELL.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Don't know if this has been posted, but whatever...
    -----

Doctors reveal Pessotto drama

Doctors treating Gianluca Pessotto in a Turin hospital have confirmed that he risked death during the night.

The Juventus team manager, who was rushed to hospital on Tuesday after falling from a window at the club’s headquarters, underwent another operation last night which almost cost him his life.

“Gianluca Pessotto risked dying last night, he was operated on at the limit,” stated professor Antonio Solini.

Police in Turin are investigating the possibility that Pessotto attempted suicide and his wife Reana has today confirmed that her husband has been struggling with depression.

Speaking with the La Repubblica newspaper, she denied claims that her husband was dealing with a serious illness connected with doping.

“There is no truth in that, absolutely none,” she is quoted as saying on repubblica.it. “I want you to tell everybody that. Gianluca was simply stressed, depressed.

“It is also false that there were any problems between us. We had a discussion because we had just organised three days away at Laigueglia with the kids, but he had to work.

“I wanted Gianluca to take a break and I thought it would do him some good. We had already organised everything.

“He hadn’t had a holiday for a year and a half. He was struggling to sleep and wasn’t convinced he had made the right decision in retiring from the game.”

Reana also revealed that her husband was perhaps doubting that he could live up to what was expected after he was recently appointed as the club’s new team manager.

“He feared that he wasn’t up to it,” she added. “But he accepted, although having offers to play on, because of the love he has for Juventus and he thought he had to.”

When asked why yesterday’s traumatic events occurred, she replied: “It was a combination of things: tiredness, melancholy, sadness for what is happening to the club. Gianluca did the worse thing possible.”

Meanwhile, Luciano Moggi, the man at the centre of the Calciopoli debate which could have serious consequences for Juve, has visited Pessotto in hospital.

“I’m here to pray for Gianluca,” he said. “Has this got to do with the scandal? I don’t know.”

Doctors have added that Pessotto’s condition remains serious but stable.

-Channel4

:touched: :touched:

Forza Pesso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)