[Peace Cup] JUVENTUS 0-0 (3-4) Aston Villa, August 2nd 2009 (1 Viewer)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Well said, Rab. :tup:

A bad start is always better, beside we still have problems in the team, fixing them will need a lot of time I'd rather have it now and not in the CL semifinal!!

The team and the coach is still a mystery, I don't know how the team will play this season so to wish for a win that could hide a lot of badness is unnecessary.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Screw this cup , we gonna win this year scudetto's campaign
mark my mystical words :sergio:

:juventus:

I haven't seen any Juventus pre-season videos , but i always stay tuned by reading a newspaper , i have a good feeling we will make it this year , Amen.
wait until i got my fully internet service back or hopefully my new job , i promise i will spend more time with you guys as i used to be .

Forza Juventus :tup:

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
I'm just happy Ciro has directed the team to play more and not depend on those stupid long balls Ranieri was so fond of. It is good to see Juve impose play more..This will be even more evident when Diego is back. it is looking bright..

TheZebras

Black and White.
Mar 9, 2008
Melo was class, that's what really interests me from this meaningless game. Looking forward to the return of Diego as well, so no need for 424 anymore. The future is bright, come on Juve! Let the season start and kick some a**es in the city of Milan!

Aug 1, 2006
On wiki it says runners up get 1m and winners get 2m, not the most accurate source of course. Didn't know it was 3m though.
That's 3mil dollars comentaries spoke about, which is roughly about 2mil euros. Winner gets 2mil euros, runner up 1m. So basically those penalties cost us 1 mil. Still i can not deny those were somewhat entertaining to watch :spliff:

Aug 1, 2006
Alex made a really bad decision. THE GK ALWAYS STAYED IN THE MIDDLE, why does he try that trick then? Just stupid.

Iaquinta looked liked he's lost all his confidence.

All in all a pretty shameful exit from the tournament. A win would've done a lot for our self-confidence.

Oh and btw, I believe the money difference between the winners and runners-up is 1,5m.
1,5 mil dollars aka 1mil euros fo sho

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
If Salihamidzic can keep up his preseason form then I think he will be a good LB for us with Ciro's new formation. He has impressed me alot.
Yeah ... and Zebina too. He is partnering Camo really well down the right.

The 2 most expensive acquisitions (Diego & Melo) have only played ~60 mins together against the Koreans so far but have shown glimpse of wat we may expect in the coming season. Also, with Sissoko, the other sure starter yet to feature so far, the quality of the midfield is nowhere near its pinnacle that the peace cup may suggest.

The pieces are joining up very well atm despite the small setback against Villa.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This tournament was one huge + for us in general.

First of all, we've seen that the world class players we bought are indeed world class and both of them make our team much better. Diego played only 60 minutes and if i'm not wrong, they didn't play together at the same time, but nonetheless in the little time they played, Diego has shown that he's one sick little genius that every CL winning team needs, and we didn't have till now, while Felipe Melo is so complete and perfect at what he does.

Another great positive is the three men central midfield and how well Camo and Tiago fit in there. The injuries, the long ball tactics etc, took a lot from Camo and what he does the best. This new formation, with these new players that know how to play the ball, gives Camo an opportunity to show himself in the best light possible.
Tiago too looks different player when it's not a 4-4-2 in which his movement is limited and he needs to think about defending more than attacking.

Someone said that our attackers suck. No, of course not. Everyone said less than a year ago that we have the best attackers.
Against Villa they did suck, but with 4 very good strikers, you'll always have at least 1 of them in top form to score the goals. Two years ago Trez was scoring like crazy for more than half a season, while Ale was average. Then Del Piero started scoring the goals while Trez was average.
Last year we had Amauri for the first half of the season, Iaquinta for the last 10-12 matches and Ale in the meantime.
Without much service, or any at all, in the last two years we once had the best attack in the league and once close to the best attack in the league.
Now with much better service, one of our attackers will always score a lot of goals.

The defense also did surprisingly well. Even Canna-Chiellini is getting better and better with every new match.
Zebina was very good again, as he's always when he's fit for a longer period (people mostly remember him in bad light from the Arsenal match in 2006, but they all forget that on that match he just came back after months of being injured). Attacking full back, just as we need in this formation, but also strong in the air in the defense.

Now we have few unanswered questions.
How will Sissoko fit in this formation?
What about the LB position?

Perhaps the following friendlies will give an answer, a positive one, to these questions.

God save our players from injuries, and i can safely guarantee you that we're up for a fantastic season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have a question for you. Do you think that our forwards function better when there is less service? I mean during the clueless build ups and long balls our attackers were there to make the difference. Can it be that lots of service and ball movement might affect their performance? In a way that they will not be able to position themselves where they are needed most?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)