Pavel Nedved (100 Viewers)

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
At least Pavel is fit unlike Zanetti, Poulsen, Tiago after tonight and to an extent Camoranesi who have all given nothing to the team this season.
Pavel gives his all for the team every game whereas Buffon, Trezeguet, Zanetti, Zebina and Poulsen are all injured and they cannot stay fit unlike Pavel who works hard on his fitness even though he is older than all the other players I mentioned.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
being fit and providing nothing to the team means nothing. it was better if he didn't start today. he was a casualty to our team today, similar to many other times the past 2 seasons.

please check your fanboy card at the door before posting here.

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Nedved : "A draw would have been more just"
Disappointed but not disheartened. This is how one could describe Pavel Nedved after the defeat to Inter at the Meazza.

"They were clever enough not to allow us to play. A draw however would have been more just. The match was quite balanced but we accept the defeat and are ready to move on"

The Czech champion identified the tactics used by Inter : "They were clever in not giving us many possibilities to press. They used long balls to move and then went forward. Besides, when a player gets injured in the first minute it does not help the team. They simply did not allow us to play. Anyway, one can accept losing against a good team. We look forward to start a fresh as from Monday."

Juventus.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know he performed bad but it's only because he was weaker than the opponents. His age is not a good factor in such a game. Mourinho surely knew what to do and who to field. Especially on Pavel.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
At least Pavel is fit unlike Zanetti, Poulsen, Tiago after tonight and to an extent Camoranesi who have all given nothing to the team this season.
Pavel gives his all for the team every game whereas Buffon, Trezeguet, Zanetti, Zebina and Poulsen are all injured and they cannot stay fit unlike Pavel who works hard on his fitness even though he is older than all the other players I mentioned.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Eℓvin;1812506 said:
Guys, try to criticize without disrespecting.
Yes very true. He didn't play bad tonight because of his age, they closed down spaces on him. His bad game was due to tactical reasons, in my opinion.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
i doubt he would want to come here anyway. serie a is not the hot spot it used to be
Money talks my friend, who would've thought 10 years ago that all those WC players would be playing for a club like chelsea or a player like robinho would be playing for man city.....Plus serie A is not some shity league out there, i really doubt any player in the world would refure to join a top italian team if the right money is offered (even messi said in the summer that he'd love playing in italy in the future).....

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Money talks my friend, who would've thought 10 years ago that all those WC players would be playing for a club like chelsea or a player like robinho would be playing for man city.....Plus serie A is not some shity league out there, i really doubt any player in the world would refure to join a top italian team if the right money is offered (even messi said in the summer that he'd love playing in italy in the future).....
you're right when you say that money talks, but in serie a there are 3 teams that waste money on big named busts - milan, roma and inter all of which are not reaping much benefits from those signings. players would rather play in the EPL because the quality of competition, the money (earning potential) and the spotlight are pre-ordained there.

i love serie a and i do remember when it was the the best league in the world but times have changed, along with all the scandals and b.s. in calcio, its not what it used to be.

yea, true, but it's not as if he's playing in epl or la liga
ya but i'm pretty sure he wants to make a move for the EPL if the right opportunity presented itself

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Blog: Twilight zone

After Pavel Nedved’s lacklustre performance against Inter, Giovanni Spinella wonders if the wing wizard belongs to the past.

Amongst the disappointing aspects of Juventus’ loss against Inter was Pavel Nedved’s performance. Without Tiago it was hoped that the Czech star could make up for the Portuguese’s absence by injecting some creativity to the Bianconeri’s game.

A lack of a playmaker in the past was compensated by the contribution that wingers Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi could give. But with the latter spending most of the game on the bench it was left to Nedved to carry the side against the Nerazzurri. He failed.

The former Lazio man was sluggish, off the pace and out of ideas. As Douglas Maicon and Javier Zanetti sped down Inter’s right flank, Nedved was unable to provide defensive help to Cristian Molinaro and he was absent offensively.

Such an abject display inevitably leads to one question – has Nedved reached the end of his tether? This may seem ungenerous for a player who has given so much to Juventus and whose loyalty to the side’s colours had the Ballon d’Or winner follow the Old Lady into Serie B.

But at 36 Nedved is at an age when most players hang up their boots. The fact that up until now he has played at the level he has – he’s already scored more goals so far than all of last year – is a testament to his commitment and discipline in training.

Nedved has become one of the untouchables in Ranieri’s side, but that has meant playing a long list of games, gruelling even for a younger man.

Unlike other parts of Juventus’ formation, the Bianconeri do have alternatives. Ranieri could play either Paolo De Ceglie or, more offensively, Sebastian Giovinco. Indeed, the young fantasista should be groomed to replace the Czech, for a few games at least. By having kept him away from the field for far too long, Ranieri deprived himself of an alternative when it was most needed.

Football is a thankless game where yesterday’s contributions can mean nothing today. If Nedved’s poor performance against Inter is a sign of a player in his twilight then Ranieri has to start thinking about a succession strategy not for next season, but for next weekend.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/gs26.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)