Pavel Nedved (11 Viewers)

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Nedved's ready to retire
Thursday 8 May, 2008

Juventus midfield veteran Pavel Nedved has hinted that he will announce his retirement within the next few days.

With his contract in Turin expiring at the end of the season, the 35-year-old’s future has been unclear.

While the former Lazio man remains an important performer for the Old Lady, it seems that he is ready to hang up his boots.

“I will end the uncertainty very soon,” the Czech international said at a benefit dinner in Chivasso last night.

“There comes a moment when it is right to say enough is enough because the head can’t keep doing it, even if the body can.

“But this is the right time to leave the game, with Juventus back in Europe. At the start of the season I wouldn’t have believed that we could finish third, but it was an excellent campaign and a great achievement.”

Nedved retired from international football after a friendly against Serbia in August 2006, but he has been urged to return to the Czech side for Euro 2008.

“Several of my Czech teammates have called me to ask me to play and I can’t just say no right now. So I am thinking about it,” the Bianconeri hero concluded cryptically.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I think he knows what's best for him .. It would make me sad to see him leave ..

ah well .. that's life .. that would just give me a feeling what would happen when a favorite player would retire ..

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Its going to be a sad day for me, i love neddy.

Next comes del pierro, I really dont know what Ill do when he retires hes been my idol for 15 years....i cant let go :)

Apr 19, 2007
This is so sad I cant watch him cry on the field like when he picked up the yellow to suspend him for thw CL final. To see such anger from him and the passion and for a moment when he decides he cant give any more it will hurt to watch. You have to say though most people say there bodies cant do what the mind wants at that age and he is the opposite...he has a tank of a body to play at this level this long.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nedved, like all of us, can see that he is on the decline now.

The question is whether he wants to go out still playing a major part, or if he is willing to become a squad player.

I hope he plays another year, but Neddy knows best.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Its going to be a sad day for me, i love neddy.

Next comes del pierro, I really dont know what Ill do when he retires hes been my idol for 15 years....i cant let go :)
i definetly know how you feel, for both of them!

neddy is an will always be a champion!

:scudetto:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Nedved in Juve stalemate
Friday 9 May, 2008

Pavel Nedved’s future could lie away from Juventus after this afternoon’s contract talks drew a blank.

The Czech international has hinted that he could retire when his current deal ends this summer.

Japanese side Jubilo Iwata have made their interest in the former Lazio man known and it seems that the 35-year-old will have various options outside Turin.

Nedved and his agent Mino Raiola met with Juventus director Jean-Claude Blanc at the Old Lady’s offices on Corso Galileo Ferraris today, but two sessions of talks were unproductive.

When asked by journalists how negotiations had progressed, Nedved grinned and gave an ironic reply.

“How did they go? Superbly,” he said with obvious sarcasm before ignoring the follow-up questions as he walked to his car.

The two parties are expected to meet again after this weekend’s game against Catania

Channel 4

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Let remember that it took a while to find an agreement with Nedved last year.

He has to lower his demands because he is no longer as valualble a player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)