Pavel Nedved (34 Viewers)

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
I didn't hear about such an announcement. But he said before more than twice that he'd think of retiring after season 2007/08. But I'm sure that he is capable of performing in his top form for two more seasons to come. Don't worry, Juventus will extend his contract. ;)
He said he feels really tired !

For next year, we need to find a good substitute for him. I just hope he plays on ...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
I ve chatting with some italians friends that watched Pavel talking in Media set, and they said pavel looked sad and said after acomplished a moral due that he felt he had with juve being in B he is tired and feel like no playing next season, but he will be making the final decision during the week.

Let´s wait for what happen next week...

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Nedved: We've paid our dues

Pavel Nedved has hinted he will continue for at least another year, as he still has “so much motivation” with Juventus.

The former Ballon d’Or winner decided to stay with the club after their demotion to Serie B in the Calciopoli scandal and today’s 5-1 win at Arezzo mathematically sealed their promotion.

“This is a great joy, a feeling I had waited a whole year to celebrate and we all worked so very hard for it,” said the Czech midfielder.

Nedved had considered retirement over the last couple of years, but always found reason to continue.

“It is true I am struggling physically, but I can still keep pace with the youngsters and am very motivated now we have found the top flight, a journey we have been on for a year.”

The Bianconeri topped the table with three rounds to go despite starting from a nine-point penalty.

“It was not easy and I think we showed real character. We have repaid the Juve fans and above all have paid our dues. Now we have done our duty by bringing this club back into Serie A.”

Giorgio Chiellini also scored a brace in today’s 5-1 victory, despite netting only once before all season.

“It was important to get back into Serie A and we have suffered a great deal in these months,” said the defender.

“We earned back the top flight on the field and proved that we suffered an injustice.”
Source: Channel 4

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
He seems yet to identify his destiny...

-----------------------------------

Juventus star Nedved mulls future

Juventus playmaker Pavel Nedved will decide by the end of June whether to end his Italian top flight career, the Czech agency CTK reported on Sunday.

"Now that I have time to think things over properly we will decide quickly over my next move. At the moment I do not know what I will decide," the former Czech Republic skipper said following Juventus' promotion to Italy's Serie A on Saturday.

"Before the season I was twice offered an extention but I refused with thanks each time," added the 2003 European player of the year, whose contract runs out next year.

The 34-year-old added that he felt he owed Junventus a debt this season to get them back into Italy's top flight, after the famous Turin outfit were demoted to the second division following a match fixing scandal.

"Finding fresh motivation will probably be more difficult and if I am to continue I must have some goals. Everything is still open," he added.

Nedved moved to Italy from Sparta Prague in 1996, playing for Lazio before his move to Juventus.

AFP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
UEFA EURO 2004™ Nedved's profile

A left-sided midfield player with a venomous shot, tremendous skill, vision and pace, Pavel Nedved was named European Footballer of the Year in 2003.

National team
Nedved made his international debut in June 1994 in a 3-1 win against the Republic of Ireland and was the driving force behind the Czech Republic's run to the final of EURO 96™. He played at UEFA EURO 2000™, where the Czechs fell at the first hurdle.

UEFA EURO 2004™ qualifying
Nedved was the heartbeat of the Czech midfield as Karel Brückner's side finished top of qualifying Group 3. He missed only the first game, a 2-0 win in Moldova, and scored the first goal in a 4-0 win at home to Austria and an equaliser away to Belarus.

Club
Started at AC Dukla Praha, where he played for a season prior to a switch to city rivals AC Sparta Praha in 1992. The club secured domestic championships in each of the next three seasons before winning the Czech Cup in Nedved's final campaign in his homeland, 1995/96, before heading to Italy and S.S. Lazio.

1996: A favourite at the Stadio Olimpico, Nedved's Lazio won the Coppa Italia and 1998 and in 1998/99 claimed the last-ever UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, Nedved scoring against RCD Mallorca in the final. The following year he claimed an Italian league and cup double. After nine goals in 31 league matches in 2000/01 he opted for a change of scene and a €41.2m move to Turin.

2001: So highly prized was Nedved in Rome that Dino Zoff is alleged to have asked him how he felt the team should play, although it was in black and white that his season ended with another Scudetto triumph. 2002/03 was arguably Nedved's best season yet, he was inspirational as Juve defended their Serie A title, scoring nine times. Named Czech Footballer of the Year for a fourth time, he scored against Real Madrid CF in the Champions League semi-final but was later booked and forced to sit out the final loss to AC Milan.

2003/04: Again named the Czech Republic's finest player, Nedved missed out on other silverware as the Bianconeri finished third in Serie A and lost the Coppa Italia final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)