Pavel Nedved (117 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

has nedved ever been the captain for us?
Perhaps he has been for a game or two, but you just got me thinking. I really think DP should hand over the armband to Nedved for next season, or at least a few games, as some sort of symbolic gesture, the guy more than deserves it. DP will always be Capitano of course but I'd love it if Nedved got this sort of recognition from his teammate. When you think about it, it's just the type of thing DP would do.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
I'd love to see Nedved or Gigi as captains in the near future.
they never give nedved the armband. always Birendelli which is dumb cuz nedved has been here for a long time too and is more important and inspirational.

I think Alex will out last Nedved in the team and Nedved will probably retire next season. Once Del Piero stops being a sure starter (the season after next maby?) then they would probably give it to buffon. But that is assuming he stays which looks less probable every day

Mar 30, 2006
well i think seniority has alot to do with it so it might end up being Trez although he is very quiet and can be bummed out at times so i don't see him as a leader nor am i sure he would want it. But who knows it could make him a different player.

Camo acts rash at times but is very talented and along with Trez and maby Chiellini (too young) I think are the only current players who will be sure starters if they stayed.

Tacchi is coming back but who knows if he will play. I could see and of our more experienced players with seniority being captain (tacchi, Biren, Trez, Camo etc.)

but in the end it will fall to the person who is most likely to start the most games out of them. so Trez or camo. I would give it to Trez cuz it would boost his confidence with camo assistant.

I have not taken new players into account or anything.

I think the players actually vote for this though?

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
When Conte was our Captain and at the last two years in his career, the captaincy was handed to Del Piero instead, despite the presence of Ferrara who was older in Juve than Del Piero as well. This is the normal process of our life; generation replaces another generation. And as Rab said, Del Piero is the spirit of this club and he deserves the captaincy not just for his achievements and his records with the club, but also for his leading decent character, which is respected by his teammates and his fans as well as his opponents.

Even though, I sway towards the idea of handing Nedved the captaincy in the last year of his career with Juventus, which would be most probably the next season. This wouldn't disvalue Il capitano, but it would be a confession and respect to our Blonde Cannon: Pavel Nedved.

Forza Juve, Forza Del Piero and Forza Pavel. :pint:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
We were talking about post-DelPiero candidates actually, but you have a point, it's too early to discuss that ;)
Still Del Piero has, at least, two more seasons as our captain. Plus, we still don't know if Buffon would be in Turin next season or not. Also, we don't know if Tacchinardi would return from his loan or not.

I think it is early to talk about this one as well. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)