Pavel Nedved (279 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Sorry for the double post, but I've just spotted this on juventus.com: -

Nedved fronts Sant’Anna project Events - 24 Jan 2007 - 5:09 PM

The “Crescere Insieme al Sant’Anna” project (dedicated to the renovation of the maternity ward at Turin’s Sant’Anna hospital) has a new face & a renewed commitment from Juventus. Pavel Nedved has lent his face to the initiative, launched in 2004 & embraced by the current management. Alongside chairman Cobolli Gigli, he took part in a press conference this morning in which the new objectives were outlined & the 1st investment – 250,000 Euros for the creation of 5 new intensive care installations – was announced. At the meeting were Doctors Maria Sanducci & Marinella D’Innocenzo (chairwoman & vice-chairwoman of the foundation), who explained the importance of the maternity ward to which the project is dedicated, & thanked Juventus for their hard work & support.

“It was only right that Juventus continue supporting a project which is so important to the children & our city – explained chairman Cobolli Gigli – I’m delighted that Nedved is the new face of the campaign, he’s showed he’s not just a champion on the field. It was wonderful to see both him & his wife holding the babies in their arms when they visited the ward & for me it’s the whole Nedved family who are fronting this project”.

“I’m here on behalf of the team – Pavel added – & I’m really pleased to be the new face of the project as I’ve seen just how much these children are cared for & loved. One of the doctors really hit home when she told me, ‘these children are true fighters’”.

The sum raised by the project so far is 1.2 million Euros & since the arrival of the new management, 55,000 Euros have been raised through the sale of gadgets, auctions, raffles & charity dinners, along with the “Meet the legend” initiative at Juventus home games. With a minimum donation of one Euro, three lucky members of the crowd get their chance to meet the players at the end of the match. Juventus’ objective is to help the foundation raise a total of 2 million Euros, & a new series of initiatives are currently in the pipe line.
What a guy! :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
juventus710 said:
if nedved was only a few years younger i'm sure the whole world would b after him
Mourinho was after Nedved just 2 seasons ago when Chelsea offered Juventus £40m for the blonde ace and Nedved was the one who refused to leave Juve. :angel:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Nedved Third Czech Player for 2006

PRAGUE, Czech Republic (AP) - Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky was chosen as the Czech Republic's 2006 player of the year Monday.

The Czech international won the balloting of a 104-member panel of players, coaches and soccer association officials.

Chelsea FC goalkeeper Petr Cech was second and Pavel Nedved of Juventus came third.

Daniel Kolar of Sparta Prague was selected as the best new talent.

Associated press

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 275)