Pavel Nedved (328 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Nedved makes Juve pledge Tuesday 9 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Nedved insists that he intends to finish his career with Juventus. “The Bianconeri can always count on me,” he stated.

While some of his teammates have threatened to walk out on the club in the summer, the Czech ace is not interested in an Old Lady exit.

“Juve are counting on me this year and my ideas are very clear,” said Nedved on Tuesday. “This is a club which deserves to be at the very top and I’m doing my best to make sure that happens.

“My decision to stay and play in Serie B was a clear signal from the start that I wanted to help out. I’m 35 and it’s normal for me to want to end my career here,” added the former international.

Nedved, however, does not want to speculate on the future plans of his teammates as he believes they all have the right to make their own decisions.

“If someone doesn’t want to stay or they feel they’ve done all they can here, then their decision must be respected,” explained the Bianconero.

“As to the players who have stayed, especially the world champions, we just have to thank them. They’ve already given a great deal and it’s up to them to decide.”

Nedved now wants to focus on Serie B promotion and has warned the team against believing that a return to the First Division is a certainty.

“I hope I will be able to help the youngsters here grow as players. My project for the moment is to return to Serie A in June, but we are still far from having achieved that,” he added.

“There are still many matches before the end of the season, a host of battles to fight, and we have to be ready for every eventuality.”

The Czech then commented on rumours suggesting that fellow countryman Zdenek Grygera of Ajax might join the Bianconeri.

“He’s a good player and his contract expires at the end of this season,” he explained.

“He’s only 26 and he wants a move to Italy, above all to Juventus. If he decided to come I would be happy as he’s a very good defender.”

channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What a guy. Just an absolute legend.

Hope this doesn't mean he is retiring at the end of the season and that is why he won't go to another club.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
From juventus.com : -
Events - 09 Jan 2007 - 4:41 PM

Nedved: “Here to help”

“Any problems I might have had I’ve left back in 2006. I’m thinking positively and things are already going well for me this year”. Pavel Nedved has a positive outlook for the new year and in this afternoon’s press conference he put an end to any doubts surrounding his future with the Bianconeri. “Juve are counting on me this year. My ideas are very clear, this is a club which deserves to be at the very top and I’m doing my best to make sure that happens. My decision to stay and play in Serie B was a clear signal from the start that I wanted to help out. I’m indebted to this club and I’ll do everything I can to lend a hand”. He then answered questions surrounding his future beyond this season. “I’m 35 and it’s normal for me to want to end my career here. I hope I’ll still be able to help out beyond this season, to go forward with this team and to help the youngsters here grow as players. My project for the moment is to get back into Serie A in June. But that’s by no means a foregone conclusion. There are still many games to go, many battles to be fought, and we have to be ready for every eventuality”. However, the Czech maestro was unwilling to speculate over the future plans of any of his team mates. “Each player has the right to make his own decision. If someone doesn’t want to stay, or they feel they’ve done all they can here, then their decision must be respected. For those players who have stayed, and in particular the world champions, we just have to thank them. They’ve already given a great deal and now it’s up to them. Obviously I hope the club does all it can to keep them here but it’s up to the players themselves. Me? I try and make my own decisions, I’ve never been influenced by what other players our doing. All that matters is that everyone here should want to play for Juventus. They’ve always been the best there is and they always will be”.

The journalists drew comparison’s between a young Pavel Nedved and his current team mate Valeri Bojinov. “Things were a little different for me when I was 20. I was still playing in Prague in the equivalent of Serie B, I hadn’t come nearly as far as he has by then. I have a very high opinion of him. He might have a hot head but he has fantastic talent and an enormous desire to play. It’s normal he’s lacks a little patience at 20 years old, he wants to go out there and take on the world, but he has to keep calm, his moment will arrive. He has his whole future ahead of him and he’s sure to have a very successful career”. As one of the team’s veteran players, Nedved spoke about his own attitude at the other end of the spectrum. “I know every now and then my behaviour doesn’t set the best example for the younger players, but that’s always been part of my character. I’ve always done my best to help the team win and that’s not going to change now. After the five match ban I thought of holding back a little but it’s not going to be easy. That said, I simply did not offend the referee (Genoa-Juventus, 01/12/06), it’s not in my nature. I felt the need to defend myself, the team and the result, and I’m just sorry about the ban, it was too harsh”.

There has been much talk of a transfer swoop for Nedved’s compatriot Zdenek Grygera, currently of Ajax Amsterdam. “He’s a good player and his contract expires at the end of this season. He’s only 26 and he wants a move to Italy, above all to Juventus. If he decided to come I’ll be happy as he’s a very good defender, an area where we’ve had a few problems of late. He can play on the left, the right and in the middle which is a real advantage in the modern game. We’ve spoken a few times and if he wants to come, he’ll come, whether that’s in January or June”. A possible move for the Czech defender will be down to coach Didier Deschamps, a man who hasn’t failed to win the respect and admiration of Nedved. “He’s always had a smile on his face, irrespective of all that’s gone on. He’s very good at making the most out of the squad he has available to him, and he really knows the game. I like him, he’s a tough character who never gives up”.

With the squad hit by yet another spate of injuries, the Ballon D’Or ended the conference with a word or two on his own condition. “Personally I feel great at the moment. It’s a fluke that so many injuries have occurred this season as the level of preparation is of the highest standard. I’ll play wherever the boss wants me to, it’s not about personal victories in this game, it’s about working for the team and getting results. I hope to play right up until 2008 when my contract expires. That’s what I undertook and provided all goes well over the next year and an half, I want to see things through to the end. My contract allows me to retire at the end of this season but I’ll wait and see how I feel in June, both physically and mentally”.
Pavel, you're a terrific guy! :thumbs: :kiss:

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Pavel is a legend! Absolutely the right attitude, if only more of our squad could follow his lead. Then perhaps our bull$hit board & that pu$$y Secco could concentrate on signing reinforcements, not who might stay.

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
Still get sad when i remember the 5 match ban.
Fabiano and Diego got a 5 match ban for fighting in a match and Nedved gets it for stepping gently on the ref's leg
BULLSHIT

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
The thing I like about Nedved is he doesnt mince his word too much:

If he decided to come I’ll be happy as he’s a very good defender, an area where we’ve had a few problems of late.

:D

Nedved is an all-time legend at this club, and world wide soccer community. You might find more technical and gifted players than Pavel, but he is truly unique in terms of his dedication and professionalism. He and Del Piero will surely be mentioned in the same breadth as Scirea, Tardelli, Zoff, Baggio, Vialli, Charles, Sivori, and for a stranieri who joined us from an then arch rivals Lazio, and stuttering start to his Juve career, Nedved can leave the field with his head high. I think our management should arrange retiring match for Nedved on behalf of his contribution to the team. A match against Czech would make a lot of sense.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nedved Next On Al-Ittihad's List

According to Thursday’s edition of well-informed Saudi daily ‘Al-Yaum’, Juventus star midfielder Pavel Nedved is the latest target set by Al-Ittihad.

The Jeddah giants signed Portuguese winger Figo last week and reports in the Spanish giants suggest that the club has bid for Real Madrid star Ronaldo.

Al-Yaum is well-known in the region for its close ties with the Saudi Arabian giants.

"We can confirm that the club president is about to reveal Nedved’s name in the next couple of days," the report stated.

“Al-Ittihad are starting negotiations over a six-month loan transfer to bring the Czech international during the present transfer window before Figo fills the gap at the end of the season,” it continued.

Goal.com

:lol:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
You seriously think he would go and play there? He is not Figo... :D
I guess you didn't understand my post, I meant to say that, as long as he just stays a target and no a transfer (thus, he remains at Juve), it is ok by me.

And if money is there, people can do crazy things.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He will finish his career at Juve, he repeated numerous times that he may even play until the end of next season :eyebrows:

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
Pathetic offer by Al-Ittihad.
Why are they targeting this much of foreign players. These players whom they target might not even be able to play after 3 yrs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 324)