Pavel Nedved (24 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
on the site it says his last dream with juve is to lead us back to the CL maybe he is indicating after that he is done, whatever he does he will always be a legend!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
on the site it says his last dream with juve is to lead us back to the CL maybe he is indicating after that he is done, whatever he does he will always be a legend!
he's been saying that he wants to retire after we get back to the CL but i doubt he will be back next season regardless if we make the CL. the way he's looked this season indicates that he can't play at this level any more.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar13l.html

Nedved: Good to be back
Thursday 13 March, 2008

Juventus winger Pavel Nedved is delighted to return from suspension to play a part in the Old Lady’s Champions League qualification bid.

Nedved has served a two-game ban after his dismissal in the dying minutes of the Turin derby for pulling Gianluca Comotto’s hair.

The Czech star is set to return this weekend against Napoli as Juve look to maintain their four-point advantage over Fiorentina.

“I’m happy to be back as I missed football,” Nedved enthused at a charity project at Turin’s Sant’Anna Hospital.

“I have paid for my mistake. I have been sent off twice in injury time, so I hope that games finish on 90 minutes from now on.

“I absolutely want to secure Champions League qualification, as that is the season’s objective. We are working hard and things are going well - the win over Genoa has given us confidence.

“My future? We will see about that at the end of this campaign. We haven’t achieved anything yet and we have to give our all in every game.”

Nedved rounded off the interview by commenting on Gigi Buffon’s contract extension.

“Lucky Gigi for still having five years to play and such a chance to win the Champions League,” he said.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar13l.html

Nedved: Good to be back
Thursday 13 March, 2008

Juventus winger Pavel Nedved is delighted to return from suspension to play a part in the Old Lady’s Champions League qualification bid.

Nedved has served a two-game ban after his dismissal in the dying minutes of the Turin derby for pulling Gianluca Comotto’s hair.

The Czech star is set to return this weekend against Napoli as Juve look to maintain their four-point advantage over Fiorentina.

“I’m happy to be back as I missed football,” Nedved enthused at a charity project at Turin’s Sant’Anna Hospital.

“I have paid for my mistake. I have been sent off twice in injury time, so I hope that games finish on 90 minutes from now on.

“I absolutely want to secure Champions League qualification, as that is the season’s objective. We are working hard and things are going well - the win over Genoa has given us confidence.

“My future? We will see about that at the end of this campaign. We haven’t achieved anything yet and we have to give our all in every game.”

Nedved rounded off the interview by commenting on Gigi Buffon’s contract extension.

“Lucky Gigi for still having five years to play and such a chance to win the Champions League,” he said.

It's good to have him back too! :jvefan:

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Nedved’s Euro temptation

Wednesday 19 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Czech midfield veteran Pavel Nedved has admitted that he is considering returning to international football to compete at Euro 2008.

The Juventus star played his last game for the Czech Republic in a friendly against Serbia in August 2006.

However, while he continues to show strong form in Serie A at the age of 35, Nedved can’t entirely rule out a return to the national fold.

“Every now and again I think about playing for the Czech Republic again,” he told newspaper Sport.

“However, it is a different side now without Vladimir Smicer and Karel Poborksy and I’m not sure that I would be able to help.

“It’s tough to know what to do, but I don’t think that I would get the call up anyway.”

There have been suggestions that this will be Nedved’s last season before he hangs his boots up.

“I haven’t decided what I will do yet,” he explained. “It all depends on how I am feeling next year.”

Nedved was linked with a big-money move to Japanese side FC Tokyo earlier in the season, but no concrete offer was made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)