Pavel Nedved (15 Viewers)

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Nedved to renew contract :jvefan:

Juve: Nedved verso il rinnovo
25 03 2008
La qualificazione la prossima Champions League starebbe convincendo Pavel Nedved a prolungare di un anno il suo contratto con la Juventus, in scadenza a giugno.

Proprio la chance di tornare a disputare la coppa europea più prestigiosa potrebbe spingere Nedved a rinnovare fino al giugno 2009 a cifre più basse rispetto all'attuale contratto.

sports.it

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't think I'll ever miss a player like I'll Pavel once he retires. To me I'll miss him as much as I'll miss Alex.

Each time I see him giving it all fighting for each ball, it's something i'll remember all my life.

Grazie Pavel:touched:

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Nedved Set For One-Year Extension :bow:

Juventus veteran Pavel Nedved is set to sign a one-year extension at the Stadio Olimpico, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 35-year-old’s contract in Turin runs out at the end of the season, but his fine form in recent months has led to calls that he extends his deal for another year.

This now appears almost certain to happen, as the player wants to have one last crack at the Champions League before he retires.

Nedved, who will turn 36 in August, was the Juventus player who dragged his team all the way to the 2003 final.

However he was suspended for the showpiece at Old Trafford against Milan after heartbreakingly picking up a yellow card in the closing stages of the semi-final second leg win over Real Madrid.

Meanwhile in other news, midfield flop Tiago Mendes is certain to be offloaded at the end of the season.

The Juventus hierarchy have finally realised that the player cannot adapt to Claudio Ranieri’s 4-4-2 formation, and a possible transfer to Tottenham Hotspur could be resurrected.

Finally Juve sporting director Alessio Secco is continuing to work hard to find a new first-choice left back for next season. Reggina’s Francesco Modesto :tdown: and Udinese’s Andrea Dossena remain the two favourites.

Gianni Wilson

Jul 5, 2005
Another year for Nedved?
Tuesday 25 March, 2008

Juventus veteran Pavel Nedved is set to begin talks over a contract extension to spend one more year in Turin.

Many expected the 35-year-old to hang his boots up when his current deal expires this summer, but reports suggest that the lure of Champions League football has changed his mind.

Nedved has made over 200 appearances for the Bianconeri since arriving from Lazio in 2001 and remains a key figure for Claudio Ranieri’s side.

Despite this term’s disciplinary problems, the club are believed to be keen to offer the Czech hero another year.

However, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Nedved will have to accept a sizeable pay cut, just as Paolo Maldini did at Milan.

Juve’s directors are waiting to meet with agent Mino Raiola, who is currently conducting business in Brazil, but an appointment is expected within the next month.

channel4

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
He deserves more than 1 year extension. He has offered a lot this year.
I don't think he wants to go on more then one year, it would be a big surprise to me if he would sign this one year extension so let's just see if he signs this one and be very happy if he does, then we can still see next year how he performed and if he is able to go on longer.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think we should even offer a 1yr extension to him. He is obviously wayyy past his prime and not as big of an impact as he used to be. Sadly in this case, his age seems to have caught up to him and it will only be a detriment to our lineup.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Is he going to be a starter next season?? people forget that he had a rather slow start to the season, especially the first 6-8 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)