Paulo Dybala (124 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
It doesn't surprise me that they showed Dybala no love or respect last night whenever they treated Del Piero like trash.

A disgrace.. this is not the club I love this is not Juventus.
Likes been said this is as much on Paulo for not signing and ADP was like one of those celeb trying to avoid inevitable with plastic surgeries.

The ones going against AA you lot are tripping we just had our best ever run in clubs history.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
If he had put some effort into actually being a top class athlete to go along with his talent he may have become one of the very best in the world and worth all the hand-wringing going on. Instead he decided to focus on being a social media soyboy. And having a little pout every time he was subbed off here.

If he goes to Inter I hope he fails miserably. But to each their own I guess.
I don’t disagree with any of that but it’s still a matter of respect. He wrote his name on the history of the club as one of the top scorers. No matter what he deserved a proper farewell if only for that.

But again respect is something this club seems to have lost.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Say what you want about him, but he appears to love the club and all his team mates love him.

Maybe this could have been dealt with differently.

- - - Updated - - -

The Agnelli have arguably been Italy's most important industrialist family ever since they founded Fiat.

You'd be naive to think they are not ruthless.
We need that, we have needed that desperately since Moggi left. We have been a pussy club for too long. We need ruthlessness like we used to have, like Real Madrid and Bayern have.

Just because a player cried his eyes out doesnt mean he was FUCKIN GOOD ENOUGH!

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Didn’t think I would be too bothered about it being his last home game yesterday.

However, I feel somewhat hollow today about the manner in which the club I hold dear has handled this, from the moment in around March when it was confirmed there would be no renewal, all the way through to last night.

It doesn’t sit right and is damaging the relationship between the fans and the club.

In terms of the decision itself, how we handle the next few transfer windows will dictate whether this is the right move.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Didn’t think I would be too bothered about it being his last home game yesterday.

However, I feel somewhat hollow today about the manner in which the club I hold dear has handled this, from the moment in around March when it was confirmed there would be no renewal, all the way through to last night.

It doesn’t sit right and is damaging the relationship between the fans and the club.

In terms of the decision itself, how we handle the next few transfer windows will dictate whether this is the right move.
Signing Vlahovic almost assured Dybala was gone, especially with Chiesa here already. How many chances did Dybala create for Vlahovic over the past couple months? Very few. He looks to shoot first almost exclusively and missed multiple opportunities in most games they played together to set up Dusan for scoring chances. There were a number of particularly egregious ones too. That can’t be your number 10/playmaker when you have a prolific striker thrives on service. Whether we get the correct parts to help Vlahovic thrive is another matter, but that doesn’t change that Dybala isn’t a good fit

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I agree with the points you make and I personally agree with the decision to move on from Dybala. If we want to be competitive in Europe, we can’t carry a luxury number 10 that offers nothing out of possession and impacts less than 50% of games on the offensive end. That’s not even including the fitness/availability concern.

I believe, like many it should’ve been handled a lot better.

I questioned whether it will be the right decision, because there is no guarantee the saved funds from his salary will be used wisely. Dybala could’ve possibly brought us more scudetti. Some poor signings in the next few windows could see us continue to challenge for the 4th spot.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I don't really have much of an emotional bond with any player but I'd like to think that his sacrifice was to help the team go forward. Ronaldo left and we got Vlahovic in the end so yeah, it was for the best despite a tough season. However, Di Maria isn't what I'd say is moving forward though, particularly after one of his least productive seasons yet he can somehow demand a high wage. The same goes for Pogba. I sincerely hope sending Dybala away was for sporting reasons instead of ego.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I don't really have much of an emotional bond with any player but I'd like to think that his sacrifice was to help the team go forward. Ronaldo left and we got Vlahovic in the end so yeah, it was for the best despite a tough season. However, Di Maria isn't what I'd say is moving forward though, particularly after one of his least productive seasons yet he can somehow demand a high wage. The same goes for Pogba. I sincerely hope sending Dybala away was for sporting reasons instead of ego.
Agree with this. But the team needs so much work that free players were always going to come into the equation this summer. And if plugging holes on a wing means di Maria joining, it's not the worst thing in the world, even though I'd love to get a younger winger who will be with the team for the next 5 plus years.

Don't believe it was an ego based decision. We offered dybala a good deal that he is struggling to get elsewhere and unfortunately the scenario has all turned pair shaped. He overvalued his worth and ignored his injuries and age in the process. A better manager and an in-depth evaluation of himself may have changed the course of the overall process.

Nonetheless we move on...and hopefully allegri has the right cattle to transform the tactics next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 100)

• Alin
  • JCK