Paulo Dybala (72 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I’m very curious why anyone cares.
We watched him for a very long time and always believed he could be better. If he goes somewhere else and explodes into unprecedented form it's a reflection on us. If he stays mostly the same or continues to decline then that says something else.

And general football curiosity too. I am curious how Mbappe would do at Madrid or in the EPL and that has nothing to do with Juve

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
He's best in the box or very close to the target man but we've never had a a real LW and RW that allows him to stay forward in the same way Del Piero had. 3-5-2 seasons were his best and he did well in Sarri's 4-3-3 but I've always wondered if he had Camaronesi, Nedved, on either wing as opposed to Bernardeschi. Even with a deep playmaker I think we'd see the best of him.

The problem is that people expected him to be more than he was but I recognise his skills and feel that he's been left exposed as each season we dismantled all the team qualities that allowed him to shine. Vlahovic is similar in that he is a talent but we won't see it until we cater to his needs, he isn't a creator/winger/striker combo like Ronaldo so we shouldn't expect Vlahovic to be that or he'll end up with the same level of Dybala hate.

I think Kulusevski is also a talent but he's been drilled to be more reliable in defence for us but at Spurs he gets creative freedom plus Kane and Son are exceptional strike partners to have. Its not a dig at Allegri but dreaming about Pogba and other high profile players to change us overnight is naive. We need players like Perisic who will do what we need him to do in attack and defence, those or the transfers we need and Marotta understood this.

I may sound insane but I rate Arthur too but he doesn't fit here. It's a consequence of not having a clear vision and style in place. Bayern have the Bayern way so they easily replace players to fit their style, they never go shopping like Man City do but seem to get players that fit. Credit to Barcelona as well because they're trying to get back to their style that gave them so much success, it is their original philosophy and yes they've had a poor period but you can imagine them being serious contenders if they have a good transfer campaign.

Dybala has great attributes but our senior management madness has effectively left him ineffective just like Kulusevski, Locatelli, Vlahovic.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
we had an amazing player in Vidal but one user decided to use him as his nickname
then the same happened with Dybala
both players disappointed the fans instead of becoming our legends

what's next? Chiesa? Vlahović?
Mods should do something

@Alen

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He isn't a legend for me, that would be insulting to the likes of Scirea, Buffon, Del Piero etc. He doesn't have the same class and leadership. Ultimately his legacy was tainted last 4 seasons because he ended up failing here hence why this club is parting ways and doesn't deem him worth the money. I mean, I liked the player, but if we're going to label him a legend then the bar is low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)