Paulo Dybala (74 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He's only been missing a lot of games this season. Please don't be a revisionist. I'd give Dybala next season and see what happens. He was doing well before, so I don't see why we can't supplement him and Morata with better mids and see what happens. We could recall Kean and bring in a young striker/stud in 2022.
The thing about giving him 2022 is of course his contract situation. We don't know shit about what's actually going on but the 5 mil gap between offer and demand is worrysome since his final year of contract is beginning this summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Can all the mentally challenged individuals endorsing a sale answer this simple question?

Who are you going to replace him with, someone of a similar ilk who has magic in his feet, for 40-50 million?

Please bear in mind we still have the soon to be 37 year old on 33 million in wages who will demand that everything goes through him, and will probably limit our options/signings moving forward.

Don't give me shitty names like Icunti please.

I mean real quality players who can actually create something out of nothing and make a real difference.
You replace him with Aouar, plain and simple. Ronaldo can carry the attack for another 3-4 years, I'm sure about it. Put a true CF/wingers around him and fix the midfield for once

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Aouar may be good, but is he capable of filling Dybala's shoes? I dont think so.
He might be better already, but the main thing is he fits the team better, you put a actual skilled player behind Ronaldo, and you get a cornerstone to build the midfield around for 7-8 years minimum. He's the type of player we needed to add in 2018, instead of wasting time and money on Bonucci, Romero and various Serie C plusvalenza tools

May 26, 2016
He might be better already, but the main thing is he fits the team better, you put a actual skilled player behind Ronaldo, and you get a cornerstone to build the midfield around for 7-8 years minimum. He's the type of player we needed to add in 2018, instead of wasting time and money on Bonucci, Romero and various Serie C plusvalenza tools
Romero is class, it was a mistake letting him go

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You replace him with Aouar, plain and simple. Ronaldo can carry the attack for another 3-4 years, I'm sure about it. Put a true CF/wingers around him and fix the midfield for once
I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't think Ronaldo is a necessity. We never needed him to begin with. He was a luxury when we bought him, and now we have become overly dependent on him. Our play lacks fluidity, and he demands the ball (as he should). We've forgotten how to play as a team, and freekicks are a lost cause because he takes them all. Tbh, if we can find someone to take on his wages, we should definitely sell. We don't need him to carry the attack. We need a functional team.

- - - Updated - - -

This was before he joined Juventus. You're really dense, clutching at straws, if you think bringing up a goal.com (of all fucking places) article, when he was still playing for Palermo, is some form of evidence or validation. Truly pathetic, even by your nonexistent standards.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
That's just not true. Aerial prowess is literally Morata's biggest strength.
so the way to go with Dybala-Morata upfront would be the classic 442? something like this?

Morata - Dybala
New LM - Arthur - new CM - Chiesa
New LB - de Ligt - Demiral - Cuads
Tek

I have to say I'm more inclined towards a 433 with Ronaldo in the middle, something like this:

New LW - Ronaldo - Chiesa
New CM - Arthur - New CM
New LB - de Ligt - Demiral - Cuads
Tek

you essentially switch out a ST for a mid, giving you more muscle and more presence in the center where a lot of games are decided, imo this is a tougher team. of course we'd have to get another starting caliber mid as I see Bentancur, McKennie as backups and Rabiot/Ramsey as goners, however in the 2 striker scenario we'd need 2 backup strikers which might cost similar and have less impact.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The thing about giving him 2022 is of course his contract situation. We don't know shit about what's actually going on but the 5 mil gap between offer and demand is worrysome since his final year of contract is beginning this summer.
I know what you mean, and I do share your concern, but we must try to reach some sort of compromise.

If we lose him on a free, we lose. If we sell him for peanuts, we also lose.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I myself can't come up with a good lineup that'd support a front 2 of Dybala and Morata, can you help me out? I don't think it's a winger based formation like 442 as there's little areal threat in a Dybala-Morata duo, but then where do you put Chiesa and Cuads if it's not a 433 and not a 442? I'm not hot on giving up not just Ronaldo with his 30g4a this season, but also one of Chiesa (12g10a) and Cuads (15a).
The current injury is a bit of a concern, but my bigger concern is whether he is actually ready, but they're not risking him in order to sell him. We still have the rest of the season, and we can't be affording to take unnecessary risks, especially with the precarious situation we find ourselves in. I'm still not buying the 15 million salary demands (I call BS), but some people will use that as an excuse to shit on Dybala regardless.

I think we should have a front 3 of Dybala, Morata, and Kean. They can rotate and alternate, with a midfield trio anchored by Locatelli, Aouar (De Paul if we're being impecunious), and Bentancur (rotating with Mcnuggets and Arthur).

I'd try and play a 3-4-1-2 formation with Dybala and Morata as the front two, Aouar behind them, and Danilo, Bonucci and De Ligt as the 3 CBs. The midfield quartet will be comprised of Locatelli, McNuggets, Chiesa on the right, and Gosens on the left. You can also do a 4-3-3 with Morata in the center, Chiesa on the right and Dybala on the left, in which case, you can start with Gosens @ LB, Cuads @ RB, De Ligt and Bonucci in the center, a midfield trio of Arthur/Bentancur, Locatelli and Aouar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)