Paulo Dybala (189 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Romero is class, it was a mistake letting him go
Maybe, but we paid too much regardless, and sold for less. So a waste of time and money in the end

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't think Ronaldo is a necessity. We never needed him to begin with. He was a luxury when we bought him, and now we have become overly dependent on him. Our play lacks fluidity, and he demands the ball (as he should). We've forgotten how to play as a team, and freekicks are a lost cause because he takes them all. Tbh, if we can find someone to take on his wages, we should definitely sell. We don't need him to carry the attack. We need a functional team.

- - - Updated - - -

This was before he joined Juventus. You're really dense, clutching at straws, if you think bringing up a goal.com (of all fucking places) article, when he was still playing for Palermo, is some form of evidence or validation. Truly pathetic, even by your nonexistent standards.
He was the luxury needed to get us over that last step to CL, but after we bought him we went into the wrong direction in terms of building a team. We were close to the top, just needed to focus our funds for a starting midfielder that knows how to bring the ball forward, instead of wasting 50M and 10M net in wages on Can and Bonucci (for example)

Our play lacks a lot, but precisely because we don't have the midfield to play anything. Our mids are a collection of OK ones, not particularly good at anything. So you can't play a defensive style because they aren't great runners and tacklers, and you can't play a offensive style because they can't pass more than 5 meters away back or sideways. It's a lack of clear vision in building the team, not because Ronaldo holds them back with demanding all passes to go to him.

What you said last is true, we need a team. But I'd rather that team with Ronaldo than without him. So focus on improving what needs to be improved for once, and stop singing random bums just because they are available. Dybala can stay I don't mind, but he needs to abandon his foolish wage demands and get himself in shape to play football regularly for once. Can't have your attack depend on someone who is unavailable as often as him. But if he insists on his high wage demands, he should be sold. It's really simple

- - - Updated - - -

so the way to go with Dybala-Morata upfront would be the classic 442? something like this?

Morata - Dybala
New LM - Arthur - new CM - Chiesa
New LB - de Ligt - Demiral - Cuads
Tek

I have to say I'm more inclined towards a 433 with Ronaldo in the middle, something like this:

New LW - Ronaldo - Chiesa
New CM - Arthur - New CM
New LB - de Ligt - Demiral - Cuads
Tek

you essentially switch out a ST for a mid, giving you more muscle and more presence in the center where a lot of games are decided, imo this is a tougher team. of course we'd have to get another starting caliber mid as I see Bentancur, McKennie as backups and Rabiot/Ramsey as goners, however in the 2 striker scenario we'd need 2 backup strikers which might cost similar and have less impact.
Agreed with you, but I'd like to add that there is different kind of games we face. Majority of serie A will just sit back and take our pressure on, so having a box striker next to Ronaldo would be better. In CL against the top sides, we will be the ones sitting back often, so having pace up top would be key. So depending on what type of game we face I'd like:
Ronaldo CF Chiesa or
LW Ronaldo Chiesa

I'd like us to sign some hard working CF, who can occupy the CBs, hold the ball in crowded areas and under pressure, and be good in the air for long balls and crosses.

Last edited:

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Will these two bums respond to the question already?
Our results would be the same with or without him, maybe worse, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't think Ronaldo is a necessity. We never needed him to begin with. He was a luxury when we bought him, and now we have become overly dependent on him. Our play lacks fluidity, and he demands the ball (as he should). We've forgotten how to play as a team, and freekicks are a lost cause because he takes them all. Tbh, if we can find someone to take on his wages, we should definitely sell. We don't need him to carry the attack. We need a functional team.

- - - Updated - - -

This was before he joined Juventus. You're really dense, clutching at straws, if you think bringing up a goal.com (of all fucking places) article, when he was still playing for Palermo, is some form of evidence or validation. Truly pathetic, even by your nonexistent standards.
Just shut up man, this is too much. You are defending a player who is responsible for our downfall.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Sure, I can respond.

For the very same reasons we didn't win the CL when he was on the field
Yes, had Ronaldo, Modric, Marcelo, Ramos, Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Xavi, Iniesta and a few other astronomically expensive players in their absolute prime been suspended then maybe Dybala would've won us both CLs. Context.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 168)